“Good room for the price.”

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #125 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Covington, Georgia
“Good room for the price.”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The hotel was nice. Service was great. Sheets, carpet, and bathroom was very clean; however, they do not change the comforters between guests. Check-in and out were very quick. The hotel is close (about 1.5miles) to Broadway at the Beach. The pools were clean but small. Grounds were kept clean and looked nice. All in all, we got a really great deal on the room and it was worth what we paid. I usually stay at a different hotel while in the area, so I will be going back there, but if anyone is looking for a good hotel for a VERY good price, I would recommend the Palmetto Shores.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
TommySpencer, Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you very much Xxkahnexx. I appreciate your kind words and am very pleased with your report. Thank you. Brittain Resorts operate several hotels in the area including the Dunes Village, The Caribbean, Breakers and Compass Cove to name a few. Each has varied degrees of amenities to accommodate wide ranges of guests needs. I would encourage you to try some of my sister properties where you may find the additional amenities that you have become accustom too with the same focus on friendly staff and cleanliness that you experienced here. These are our core values. Thanks again and please consider some of my high end sister properties when you return but keep us in mind if your needs change and value is what you require. We would love to have you back. Tommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Walkertown, North Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Wow, where to begin. First off we stayed there from August 6th- 11th. We got our reservations through bookit.com and we paid for a ocean FRONT EFFIENCY. When we checked in, they gave us a room on the first floor right across from the ice machine and right in front of the kiddy pool. We are two young adults that came to the beach for a romantic getaway, why on earth would we want to in a room that all you saw was the kiddy pool. Also the “effien cy” had a mini fridge! So my boyfriend went to the front desk to complain because we had paid for an ocean front effiency and we couldn’t even see the beach from our balcony and had no where to put our cold food, and Scott the manager was a smart a** and said that they considered that “ocean front” and he was going to see if maintenance could swap out the fridge with a big one. Well after I heard this news I broke down crying because this is supposed to be a stress free relaxing vacation and I did not want to hear kids yelling and screaming the whole time. So I went down there crying my eyes out and demanded another room…once again Scott being a jerk said he could move us to a higher up room the next day, ok fine…..we get back into our room and I go to use the bathroom and I look up, and the ceiling above the shower head was coming apart and you could see MOLD!!!!! It was disgusting, so my boyfriend marched his way to the lobby again and told them he refused to stay in a room with mold! That is defiantly not safe to breathe in! So some lady manager tried to keep my boyfriend quiet because obviously she did not want others to know they had moldy room, within the next 10 minutes they hurried up and found us a better room on the 9th floor with a ocean front effiency, exactly what we had paid for! The beds were nice, there weren’t any bed bugs nor cockroaches, the TV was also nice but the bathrooms are very small. But By far the worst management staff ever! Also the parking is ridiculous, good luck at finding a spot at night. But the good thing was about half a mile down the street was a bunch of t-shirt shops, arcades, and Ripley’s believe it or not, Ripley’s mirror maze and Ripley’s haunted adventure. There are also quite a few hamburger, pizza and ice cream places too. They also had a pier that you could walk down on and a small stage that had live bands playing. The location was great but management staff was horrible.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

waynesville, nc
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We searched and searched for days for a great spot to spend our vacation. We FOUND IT! The hotel is in excellent condition with wonderful customer service, great parking, everything within walking distance. This hotel offers 4 outdoor pools, 2 indoor pools, 2 indoor hot tubs, 2 outdoor hot tubs, and a kiddie pool/play park. If you stay here (which we definitely recommend) you HAVE to try The Patio @ Palmetto Shores. Excellent food and libations!! Kudos to C.C. and Amy!! Very personable staff!! We WILL be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
TommySpencer, Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Thank you for the very kind words. There is much more to come so please stay tuned. See you next time. Tommy Spencer
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I read the reviews on this hotel but thought they were probably exaggerated. I should have listened. The floors were dirty and when I moved the trash can it looked as if dirt had been swept into the corner. Guests are responsible for cleaning dishes, but housekeeping should double check before allowing a new check-in. We wouldn't use them....purchased paper plates and plasticware for our stay. The hotel claims to have been updated recently, but it looked old and unkempt. The workout area was badly in need of new equipment. Some weren't in working condition. I normally wouldn't complain because I don't expect perfection, but I had been looking forward to not just the vacation, but the condo as well. I was very disappointed. Also...their ad said internet connection; didn't tell you you had to be in the lobby to use it

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I will investigate and respond to assure this does not happen again. Thank you very much. I am very sorry you were disappointed. My name is Tommy Spencer. I am the new General Manager and would love to WOW you next time. Give us a try when you’re back in Myrtle Beach and I will not disappoint you again.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2010

After reading all of these reviews I was unsure if I wanted to go this hotel, but I'm glad I did go. It was very clean, customer service was very thorough and answered every single one of my questions (there was many) and when we checked in, it was exactly how it was pictured on the website and on Face Book. I believe that the "unhappy visitors" perhaps went at the busiest time of year and don't have a full understanding how hotels work. Of course, the pool might be a tad on the green side, look at how many people are in it all day long with sunscreen or tanning lotion on. Yes, maybe the pool guys ran the pressure water on at 7 am but, that is because that is the proper time to do it to get it ready for the patrons. Yes, perhaps there was a noisy group on teenagers up partying until 1 am in the morning, HELLO it is the middle of the summer, you are going to have that. yes, maybe the hotel rep got your information confused, there is 100's of people that stay in the hotel on any given busy weekend of the summer, they are human and do make mistakes! For those of you who got a ocean view room and wondered why you couldn't see the ocean without leaning over the balcony, it is because It is OCEAN VIEW, not Ocean Front. The others that complained of "roaches" I didn't see any, but they are probably water bugs anyways. Think of how many people stay in those hotels and are totally discusting and leave food everywhere. It isn't the hotel's fault and cannot or should be accountable for some people and their unsanitary habits. Someone mentioned they had to walk across the street..BOO HOO!! A little walk promotes good health, If you want a shorter walk then find a different hotel but most hotels have parking across the street. Another complaint was not having clean sheets everyday, it clearly states every third day which is better then most of you do in your own homes.

I will sum this all up for you deciding if this is the hotel for you. If you want a affordable, clean, nice hotel this is for you. If you are a very hard to please person and have high standards then go to the $300/night hotels. If you don't like noise and people having fun, go the end of the summer (Sept) where there is no crowds and the staff has extra time to focus on the property because they are not as busy! Please take a chance on this hotel, they really try to make it nice for families and individuals. Edna was great as well and very helpful and the breakfast was good too.
We stayed Sept 24-27 in the Sands building in room 522 and we had a blast. Blah to all the bad complaints!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank drivinmebonkers
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Palmetto Shores after reading all the reveiws we were kinda of hestiant about staying here but we glad we did the housekeeping staff was wonderful we stayed in the waves building which is the main building .They have a great mangement team I have to point out one lady I dont know if I am spelling her name correctly Olethia she is one of the supervisors in the waves building she was outstanding she came and did our service she informed us that the housekeeper was trying to finish up her checkouts and that it will be awhile before she would get to our room so she asked us to give her a few minutes and she would service the room and she did I hope she still be employed with palmetto shores when we come back next year . We have no complaints we will be staying here next year .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tlegette
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have to tell ya that after reading all of the bad reviews before we left to go on vac. and stay at this hotel, I was REALLY nervous, but was willing to give it a shot because I had already reserved the room and everyone has their own opinions! Boy am I glad we went...we stayed in the "Waves" building in one of the "oceanfront" rooms and it was really nice! The rooms in that building have been updated and remodeled. Our room was big with a full size kitchen, really nice bathroom, a dining table, flat screen t.v. and two comfortable queen size beds! Our balcony had a gorgeous full view of the ocean! The hotel staff was very friendly and super helpful when needed! The restaurant to the hotel is across the street which is no big deal to walk a few steps to get to and the free breakfast buffet was oh so yummy....had plenty of food (drinks except milk and oj in included)...no biggie!! I think the only I can think of that was kinda irritating was the elevators were really slow and the only ice machine in the building was down by the lobby, but "big deal, right" cause everything else was wonderful and I would definitely recommend this hotel-great deal for the $-just stay in the "Waves" building oceanfront!! This hotel is also in a Great location right there around the boardwalk and all the shops and the two biggest piers...lots of stuff to do there!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family