“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME GOING TO THIS HOTEL”

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #127 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 2, 2010

When we arrived we had to pay a security deposit that we have yet to get back its now august we had payed for an oceanfront room thru expedia online but when we arrived they but us in a oceanview room not the same . well that night another couple acutally walked into our room while we were asleep the only way we knew was it awoke one of my kids and the fact that security came to the room to ask my husband to come down to the front desk to ask us why we were in the room since we were not registered now mind you when we checked in we had our expedia reservations and drivers license at time of check in, they said why are you in that room again this is at 1:00 am in the morning and we had arrived at 4:00pm for check in. Well come to find out our room was in the next building and was oceanfront as we had paid for in the beginning but they still would not let us move to the room we had paid for a month earlier and acutually gave it to the couple that had walked in to our room while we were asleep and come to find out thru nightshift we were in the room for the other couple but still they gave our room to them anyway. The next morning the Asst. General Manager Scott gave us the run around about what had happened and only comped us for one night. So tell me is something wrong with this picture here . I highly recommend everyone not use this hotel. PS expedia did comp us for the one night..... cuods to them but I feel he should have been given a full refund for this event that messed up our vacation stay.

There are newer reviews for Palmetto Shores Oceanfront

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here for 3 days. I had read the reviews before staying. OK, the staff was great. Made my reservations on the phone with Kim, she explained everything in detail. Called back a few times to ask if there was a hairdryer, and ironing boards in the room. She informed me there were. Front desk was Jameson he was very nice.I was checked in in a short time.Rooms are a little small, When we asked for extra towles they were brought up to us.Housekeeping was great. Parking is across the street but there were several lots. For the most part we stayed here for the beach and it was what was said right outside from the hotel. The place is abit on the run down side but it is a old hotel. The toilet clogged that evening, but I called downstairs and Bill the maintanence worker came right up and fixed the issue. Every employee said Hello and were very friendly. I asked to speak to the manager that evening and Scott was walking the gounds, when he returned I explained how pleased I was to stay here. There is also security at night. If you want a 5 star hotel pay the high price for Myrtle Beach. If you want average then stay here. People this place is not that bad and hard to get booked, so if it is always full then it can't be that bad.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We had little problem finding the hotel, but the stay was comfortable. The room smelled a little funky the first day as there is a kitchen in the room. The smell settled down the next day. Kids had lot of fun with the outdoor and indoor pools. Also proximity to the beach makes stay convinient. We had to park across the street, but once we parked the car we didn't have to use the car until we left. Overall best value for the money I paid.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

I had read several reviews and most of them were true...
1. The outside of the building and the interior hallways are pretty run down. that wasn't a huge deal for me... as long as the rooms were clean...
2. parking was horrible... we had to park pretty far away from the hotel...in a parking lot for an abandoned building... they do not have enough parking and they are not very helpful when you inquire about it.
3. we had a dirty comforter... I had to call twice before someone came with a new one. Then we pulled out the sleeper sofa and the sheets were nasty... I called twice and no one ever came.
4. we went with 2 other families... they both had issues with things in their room: toilet, fridge, etc...they also complained about the noise level... I had read about the noise level in other reviews also... noise wasn't an issue for us b/c we had a sound machine with us to drown it out...
5. I will say that the rooms were clean...and the housekeepers were friendly... the rooms are very small though and it's by no means "The Hilton"

Reviewed July 26, 2010

Best hotel ever. Rooms were clean, and smelled fresh. So clean you could walk on the floor without shoes. Beautiful bright clean fresh room. The staff were very friendly, very helpful. Room service less than 10 minutes. Free breakfast. Menu, eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, gravy biscuits, omlets, waffels made to order. Beautiful view from room. clean lobby, free parking. Best value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank THERESA301
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We booked our rooms 2 months in advance. After reading reviews we were nervous about staying here and contemplated changing our reservations. I'm glad we didn't. The rooms are small and the balcony is smaller, but the service was great. The maids came by every day and we only asked them to change towels, garbage and clean the bathroom. We made our own beds and cleaned the kitchen by our own choice. The lobby staff were very friendly. The pools were great. The hotel is located in a great location for walking the strip at night. It was Mustang week, so we enjoyed that also. We go to the beach FOR THE BEACH! For the money, I think this hotel was a great choice. Not fancy, but clean and safe.

1  Thank familyfunKnoxville
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Ok, ok, our "ocean view" room was smaller than expected, buildings probably need a proper remodeling, BUT, this place is right on the beach and walking distance from downtown, which is great. If you want "fancy", just go the the Atlantic for +$250/night,..... we slept for less than $100, and enjoyed the beach & town fully. Planning to go back again next year.. just couple of items to note, make sure you book an "ocean facing" room, most rooms have a view of the ocean, not all are facing towards the beach...and yes, parking is across the road, and can be a pain, but so what, so are most hotels on Ocean drive..(except the most expensive, of course)....Bottom line, you can do much worse, enjoy !!