Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Great 4.5/5
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$80
Very Good 4/5
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
  • Pool
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
Very Good 4/5
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
Very Good 4/5
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
Very Good 4/5
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$70
Very Good 4/5
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$83
Good 3.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at Palmetto Shores from 7 days from June 10-17. We had a 2 bedroom unit in what they call Atlantica 2 & 3. Our stay went smooth from check in to check out. The front desk staff was friendly and polite. Check in went smoothly, did have a 10 minute wait to check in, but it is summer and the beach is busy!! Our room was plently big enough for our family of 4. The beds are ok, but hey they are hotel beds and see alot of use, so no complaints there. We did use the kitchen a few times and everything worked fine. Housekeeping was pretty good, we requested that our sheets get changed every other day, due to being and the beach and no one wants to sleep in sand, and they did change our sheets for us like we asked and left us plently of extra towels. We did have one maintenance issue, the light in the kitchen kept flickering on and off. We called the front desk and they sent someone up, the mans name was Mike. Not sure what the problem was, but he had it fixed it under 10 minutes. He ws very polite and asked us several times if there was anything else we needed. We had a great time staying here. The pools, the Tiki Bar, the on-site restuarant, and just steps from the beach and right on the strip a short 10 minute walk to all the shops and skywheel are great if you have small children. I was very worried after reading some of these reviews, as I am VERY picky to where my family and I stay. I actually almost called and cancelled our stay, but decided to give3 them a shot. I am so glad I did. Our family had a blast. The only down side was parking, you do have to park across the street, but the do have a shuttle service, so they do try to make up for it. Give them a try!! We and did and had a GREAT vacation!!

1  Thank Lynn A
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Thank you for your positive remarks about Palmetto Shores. We are a value property with a great location. We may not be the newest or the fanciest but we strive to take great care of our guests. As the new GM our team will work even harder take care of you.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

great view and location. You are close to the boardwalk and able to walk to a lot of places. parking was terrible, I don't think I got a space in their parking lot maybe a couple of times. Room was very outdated, but was clean. they had a kiddy pool and two other pools that I know of. If I was going to stay again and I'm not, I would stay in the Sands building of the three. We first had a room in one of the other buildings and it had very bad smells and they changed us to the other Sands building.

Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Thank you for your review of Palmetto Shores. I am the new General Manager and we are working to improve our property every day. We have assembled a strong management team and we are committed to improving the property. We are a value property and we are going to work hard to be the best value in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Check in was at 3 couldnt check in untill 4:30, so while waiting to check out i went to the bathroom, which both toilets were stopped up and toilet paper all over the ground.Walking in the room was a dirty wet rag on our kitchen counter, our shower was clogged and nozzels would'nt turn. And last but not least going to sleep that night there was a cockroach on the head board and another dirty rag behind the table.I wouldnt suggest this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Pictures are not up to date. Does not look that way!!
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on Palmetto Shores. The day after your comment was posted I became the new General Manager of the property. I realize we have great challenges ahead and that service and quality in the past were not up to par. My team and I are dedicated to turn that around. I realize your expereince was not that pleasant. I ask that you try us again in the future to see how we have improved.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was the worst experience I have ever had. The hotel reaked of pot the entire weekend, the elevator rarely worked forcing me and many other to climb 8th floor with our belongings all weekend, and staff and manager were rude. I feel like I was cheated out of my money. I will never stay here or any sister properties again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel chain.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your feelings about Palmetto Shores. I took over as General Manager on June 25th. Your review struck a chord with me. It was the fact that you would not stay at another sister property based on your stay with us. I view the improvement of our property as a huge priority for our company. We will not allow the past to hurt other properties we manage. The management team we have here now is committed to great improvements for the future. Based on review I felt you should know about the chages in store.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

we stayed at the waves bulidin the first week of june. the staff at the front desk was very nice didnt even have to wait to check in. our room was ready for us when we got there. the room was very clean, the linen was clean and even had extra towels in our room. the view from our hotel was the very nice. the onlt problems that we had at this hotel was housekeeping and the noice from the teenage boys down the hall from us. the hosuekeeping issue was that we told the hosuekeeper that we wanted our beds changed and the floor vaccumed. they said they would be right back. we went on with our day came back and it was not cleaned, we called the front desk and told them and with in 20 mins our room as clean and fresh bed linin.i would stay at this hotel again. i was a little scared to go to this hotel because of the review on here. but they may of got in a bad room b/c i didnt find one thing wrong with my room. i guess it depends on how picky you are.