“Best free club”

Revolutions Nightclub
Ranked #9 of 49 Nightlife in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2013

You would think the "No Cover" means you go in with low expectations, but my gf and I liked the DJ. He cranked up a pretty good mix of danceable tunes. Decent ambiance, great lighting, music video, upstairs/balcony VIP lounging and and outdoor balcony for smokers. Outside the club reminded me of Fremont St. in Vegas, only smaller. But inside the club you had a decent crowd. Besides the occasional broken-beer-bottle-on-the-dancefloor-thing, it's good deal compared to $10 Sat. night covers everywhere else--which is still low compared to big metropolitan hotspots.

5  Thank AmiriMizan

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This club claims to be a 70's, 80's, and beyond club. There was only the beyond. My friends and I enjoyed this club last year and there was quite an assortment of music. Not this year. They only played newer hip hop that sounded like one terribly long song. Any other style they they did attempt to play lasted a mere 15 seconds which quickly became a mix of something else. Songs requested to be played were not honored although we were told they would be. If Will Smith songs have to be mixed up, then game over. The dance floor was wet with the 3-gazillion people that were in the bar spilling their drinks (no cover, of course it would be packed) and I saw at least 3 people slip and fall. Yes, ladies bathroom line is long. This place was packed with people and they seemed extremely happy with the music; however, anyone advertising 70's and 80's music should not go all night without playing those type songs...and please don't provide the lame excuse that we were given: we played that stuff at 9:00. Won't be back. btw, your drinks were higher than the next club as well. The best this club has to offer given its claim to fame? smoke free and that is great.

6  Thank sbw1964
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Hip & fun club with the best martini bar in myrtle beach! Genae makes awesome martinis! Great place to dance & get your groove on!

6  Thank Joni S
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The renovations were a great addition, the lights and stage look great! We enjoyed the atmosphere, but with all the money spent on renovating,they forgot that a great dj is a must! The music is what will keep people inside and spending money. Their Djs were pretty bad and not up to date with old or new music. I know they play all kinds but it was all the same kind of beat and hard to dance to. Everyone kept getting fed up with it and was complaining on the dance floor. If your going to play old music make it the songs people remember and loved, and make sure you have some of the newer music and mix it up. They have the potential to be the best at Broadway!!!!

7  Thank Chapmanfamily4
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went here with my three girl friends, and all of us are under 30. It seemed like everyone in this club was over 40, at least. We kept getting hit on by guys that could have been my dad. The music was fun a little while, for nostalgia, but I didn't want to stay for more than 30 minutes. We didn't have to pay cover when we went, but it wouldn't be worth it unless you are older and looking for more familiar music and age group to hang out with. The dance floor was lit up with all kinds of lighting and strobes, etc but it seemed like it was too bright and ruined the vibe a bit.

7  Thank squifty