“Not horrible, not exceptional ”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #105 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The lobby and desk staff were very nice. We had a room on the 15th floor with an amazing view of the ocean! 2 out of 3 nights we were able to sleep with the door open and fall asleep to the ocean! The room wasn't anything special. The bathrooms are crazy small and there is no fan! So watch out for foggy mirrors and hot air. The water pressure sucked in the shower and it took a while to get the sand off. Overall it was somewhere to lay our head at night while we spent most of the days at the beach and doing different activities.

Stayed: July 2014
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hello clabrown4,

I regret that we failed to completely provide you comfortable accommodation during your recent stay. I will accelerate you feedback about the water pressure in the shower in the 15th floor so that they can send maintenance staff to check and fix the problem. I apologize that you were uncomfortable with size of the bathroom. Allow us to find a better, more comfortable room for you to stay on your next visit. Thank you for your business.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I would first like to say that I was really looking forward to the stay at Sun N Sand. The pictures made the hotel look beautiful, especially the pool pictures which the kids loved. Not only was the pool way smaller then the picture but the water was disgusting! It was murky and it seemed as if they hadn't cleaned it in a couple days. The room was just awful. The bed sheets had stains on them and we had to ask for them to be washed. We also waited about 5 hours for that wash... How great is that? So okay the bed and the pool were already bad enough and we just wanted to let this pass and have a good time. We swam out in the beach all day and came inside around 9/10. Man were we in for a surprise... The music crew downstairs played obnoxiously loud music all the way up until 4am!!!!!! What the heck is this?! Not only was it the first night but it was all three nights during our stay. Never coming back to this hotel again and I would highly recommend everyone else not to come here either.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JohnTran56

Hello JohnTran56,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory service you experienced during your recent stay. I will accelerate your feedback about the quality of clean in the room assigned to you, the linen and the delays in addressing your request for bed sheet replacement, the pool, and the unpleasant loud music the crew were playing inconsiderately. I assure you that your feedback will not go unnoticed. Our management will verify what took place during your stay to address accordingly. Thank you very much for your business. I hope you will accord us another opportunity to make amends and provide you a better, improved accommodation in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel was a run down dump. We had bugs, shower trickled out like a bird bath, you could not even get the soap and shampoo and the sand rinsed off your body! I was told that we would have a full ocean view and are view consisted of looking a an abandon hotel and we did not have full ocean view! Our family does not want to revisit myrtle beach because of this terrible experience at this hotel. We were also told after we were there not to go out after dark because we were in a bad area! We also had no room cleaning the whole 7 days we were there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank klm4444
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Hello klm4444,

It is disappointing that we failed to meet your satisfaction during your 7 day stay with us. Allow us to verify what took place during your stay, please provide us the date and room number assigned to you as I will submit your feedback to our management for evaluation. I assure you that your concerns about the failure of housekeeping to clean your room during your entire, the shower, and concerns on replenishment of essentials in your room will be addressed accordingly. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our room was nice and updated, the staff was nice and the hotel was in a decent location considering the fact that we were on the south side of Myrtle Beach. The only issues we ran into is housekeeping, they forgot to clean our room for 2 days leaving us with dirty laundry and no replacements and trash, the supervisor was made aware and the situation was remedied quickly, also the pool was small and the gym was still being renovated except for not have a jacuzzi its a very nice place. All in all, my husband and I enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Mrslloyd2013,

Please accept my apologies for shortcoming of our team in cleaning your room promptly and you had to call the attention of the supervisor to have the room cleaned and replenish other essentials. Nevertheless, I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation and I hope you will come stay with us again on your next vacation. Thank you for your business. Happy 1st Year Anniversary!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Sun N Sand in 2013. We really enjoyed stay and came back for vacation 2014. This year was quite a bit different. The shower had broken tiles which were literally just stuck in place. The refrigerator and microwave both quit working during our stay. These things matter since with a family we try to cut costs by eating in. The location is great. The staff is very helpful and reasonably priced. Sun n Sand needs to improve on the up keep of their facilities. ..my only complaint.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Hello Miss Lisa,

Thank you for making Sun N Sand your choice of hotel. Allow us to provide you better service on your next stay, please do not hesitate to call the attention of our staff should you have concern/s as they will attend to you promptly. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that our facilities acted up during your stay. I will accelerate your feedback so that these problems will be resolved immediately. Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Upon entering room door handle loose, dead bolt off by 2 in and wouldn't lock, mold on ceiling, carpet wet, sink and tub not clean. Part of the coffee pot missing. Out of 3 ice machines in building 2 was empty never even tried the 3rd. The hot tub was nasty and barely Luke warm. The worst experience I've ever had with a hotel and would not return to this one

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jennifer L

Hello Miss Jennifer ,

I apologize for the discomfort you have experienced during your stay. I will accelerate your feedback so that your concerns about the quality of clean of our hot tub, empty ice machines, coffee pot in your room, door handle, quality of clean in the room and bathroom will be verified and call the attention of the staff on duty to address your concerns accordingly. Allow us to better serve you on your next visit, please call the attention of our front desk staff should you have concerns as she will request for someone to attend to you promptly. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Booked this hotel/resort for a weekend getaway and to use as a stress breaker. I have been to Myrtle beach 4 times now and love it. I have stayed more north of this hotel and booked it for the price over the 2 days i was staying. With that said my review of this resort would be a grade of B. Front desk people were extremely nice and made sure if i was there either at the desk or calling i was their main focus and they would handle anything i was asking to the best of their ability. Bed for me and the girlfriend was comfortable enough to get sleep and feel rested. The room was Extremely large for the 2 of us. I felt like we could have had at least 6 others in there with the space. The exception being the bathroom. It was big enough for 1 and 1 only, you even had to straddle the toilet to get the door closed. We had a side view of the ocean and that was fine by use because if we wanted to see the ocean we would just go to the lobby and walk out the back door of the hotel. Our balcony had 2 doors the normal sliding glass door and a screen door like it would be on the back of your house. Our screen door would not close all the way, so im glad im not paying the ac bill. There is no exotic pool or a lazy river, just a basic pool you could find at a comfort inn in Illinois. While we were there the "game room" was being remodeled and was empty so im not 100% they even had one. I would choose another resort if your staying with kids or a larger group with more "in house" activities but this all depends on your stay. This resort worked for us while we were there and if it was an option again for me to book i would keep it on the list due to access to the ocean and friendly staff but it would not be my top choice. I hope this review helps and hope you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Bar on the main floor can be loud. Get a higher floor if you want to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Mr. Brad,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. I apologized if you may have felt uncomfortable on the size of the bathroom in the room we have provided you. Nevertheless, I am pleased that you were comfortable in your bed, quality of clean and our customer service. I appreciate that you brought the issue of the door in your room. I will accelerate your feedback so that this is addressed immediately. I assure you that your feedback will not go unnoticed as I will submit your review to our management to evaluate your concern about having kids around. We will do our best to make our place best suited for all ages. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.