“WORTH IT”

Ranked #105 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WORTH IT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed at Sun and Sand Resort Myrtle Beach for a long weekend with a group of friends. Rented an oceanfront Suite. Perfect size with all appropriate amenities except small bathroom but who cares are you camping out in there. Clean updated room; friendly helpful staff. Small pool but didn't use it cause we were on the beach most of the time. I would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor suite oceanfront for sure
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello Mr. Michael C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for giving our hotel a positive feedback and truly rewarding survey score. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our amenities appropriate. O apologize though that the size of the bathroom has caused you a bit of a discomfort. Recommendations coming from our guests truly warm our hearts and motivate us to continue on working for excellence to offer our guests value accommodation ar all times.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was hesitant about renting at this hotel but it wasn't that bad. I didn't like the bathroom, it was very small. The beds were uncomfortable and our a/c wasn't that cold. The elevators broke down why we were there but was fixed in a timely manner. I didn't like the housekeeping. We had to always put our trash outside in the hallway to be picked up and if we forgot to leave the sign on the door then housekeeping wouldn't even come in and check everything. The options of channels were small. The workers at the front desk were very helpful. The female bartender at the outside bar was rude. I really like the accessibility of the ocean from the hotel. The pool wasn't bad but had limited sun. The hot tub wasn't hot enough and was dirty every time we wanted to sit in it. The room was outdated to me and I found bugs in our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Fran,

I will accelerate your comment about the quality of clean in the room assigned to you. I apologize for the shortcoming of the housekeeping staff in ensuring your room is well kept. I regret that you were uncomfortable with the size of the bathroom, please specify your requirement to us during check in or reservation so that we can find a more comfortable room to accommodate you. We hope to have you again in the future.
Greater Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and overall clean hotel. We stayed on the top floor overlooking the ocean. Wonderful view! I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: 16th floor overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello tansmit,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your vacation. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with our customer service and the quality of cleanliness in your room. We are grateful for the opportunity of having your business. We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great place to stay. Rooms were nice and clean. The place looks to be renovating areas of the hotel. We had a top floor suite overlooking the ocean. I highly recommend it! The bar downstairs also can be fun at night with karaoke. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We will be coming back to sun n sand again in the future!
-will

• Stayed June 2014
Hello Wet2,

Thank you for making Sun N Sand your choice of resort to spend your vacation. I am very glad that you completely enjoyed your stay and and had fun in our bar. We appreciate your time in sharing your wonderful experience as well as for taking note of the efficiency of our staff. We hope to have you again very soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We decided to extend our vacation by three days and the resort we had stayed at the previous days had no vacancy, so booked here for the last 3 days. Hotel is an older building but has been pretty well maintsined. We were on the 15 floor so our view was amazing (and a touch scary!) Our room was clean and serviced daily. The pools however are small for a hotel of this size, in my opinion. The indoor pool is miniscule, and outdoor one fills up quickly, so if your family prefers to relax in the pool and surrounding areas instead of the ocean all day, you either need to arrive at poolside early or go to another hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay here regardless of pools and the cost of out stay mached the value of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello mjbaby,

We appreciate your candid comment about the pool, I will bring this to the management for evaluation. I am glad that aside from the issue on the pool, you were comfortable and enjoyed the view in the room assigned to you. Thank you for taking note of the housekeeping service. I will share your feedback to the team as I know they will be glad to know of your comment. We hope to have you again on your next vacation. Thank you for your business.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Every hotel staff we encountered during our week stay went above and beyond and were super friendly!...I only have 2 complaints/things I would change about the hotel 1- the bathrooms are VERY small. And 2- the platform the beds set on are down right dangerous with very sharp corners that really liked my husband and children's shins. Oh, and the air conditioner was kind of noisy but it did it's job!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Whitneyjones
Hello Whitneyjones,

I apologize for the discomfort about the corners of the bed. I will send request to check this immediately to avoid causing further discomfort as well as the AC unit that was making annoying sound. Thank you staying in our hotel and for giving positive feedback for our customer support team. We hope to offer you better accommodation in the near future.
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

There are always minor things that one can complain about for any business, here are mine. Outside pool was small and the sun was off the pool completely by 2pm, indoor pool was small as well. Parking deck elevator was hot and very very slow as were the indoor elevators, one of which wasnt working. The oceanfront king room was nice, except for the rock hard bed and mini fridge, would have really preferred a full sized fridge. Hotel had a great bar and restaurant. Also the staff was really friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Miss Jennifer D,

I regret that we failed to meet your complete satisfaction during your recent stay in our hotel. I will bring your concerns about the indoor pool to our management for evaluation , I assure you that they will carefully look into the matter. Allow us to better service your needs on your next stay, Please call the attention of our staff on duty should you need assistance as they will attend to you promptly. I apologize for the slowness of the service elevator. Our team is working on it to be able to service all our guests needs.