“crappy pools decent rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #105 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
“crappy pools decent rooms”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

There are always minor things that one can complain about for any business, here are mine. Outside pool was small and the sun was off the pool completely by 2pm, indoor pool was small as well. Parking deck elevator was hot and very very slow as were the indoor elevators, one of which wasnt working. The oceanfront king room was nice, except for the rock hard bed and mini fridge, would have really preferred a full sized fridge. Hotel had a great bar and restaurant. Also the staff was really friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello Miss Jennifer D,

I regret that we failed to meet your complete satisfaction during your recent stay in our hotel. I will bring your concerns about the indoor pool to our management for evaluation , I assure you that they will carefully look into the matter. Allow us to better service your needs on your next stay, Please call the attention of our staff on duty should you need assistance as they will attend to you promptly. I apologize for the slowness of the service elevator. Our team is working on it to be able to service all our guests needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Fort Mill, SC
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I debated between a 2 and 3 star rating. I gave 3 stars only because we got an Ocean Front room for a little over $100. I was nervous after reading recent reviews, but the managers responses eased my fears a bit. I wish I had listened to my gut. The outside and lobby looked nice enough. The rooms, not so much. The furniture seemed to be scratched up plywood. The adjoining door had the lock above but no door knob to lock. There was brown stuff on our ceiling, water damage to another area of the ceiling, and a dead moth painted INTO the wall! The bed and bathroom were clean enough for me not to freak out. There was no vent in bathroom, so our towels didn't dry. Normally we reuse, but we placed in tub for replacements because they were still wet in the morning. I don't even think our room was serviced, because we didn't get any. When I called for more they wanted me to come 9 floors down, all sandy, to get them myself. They did promplty bring the towels up after I requested they do so, since we never got new ones in the morning. The toilet paper roll fell out of the wall, but they fixed it for us. I am not a complainer, and we got a great deal, but I have had much nicer ocean front rooms for almost the same price. I think this is my first low reveiw. I suggest updates of the furniture, fixing broken things, and better cleaning. The front desk people were nice.

Room Tip: Ocean Front seems the only way this is an ok value.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Khloe
Hello Miss Khloe,

Thank you very much for your business and for giving our hotel an average feedback rate despite of the inconvenience you faced during your stay. I apologize for the failure of the housekeeping team in servicing your room to clean. I will accelerate your concerns so that this is verified and addressed accordingly. I appreciate your time in bringing your feedback in in regard to furnishings to our attention, trust that this will not go unnoticed as I will bring this matter to management for careful evaluation to address accordingly. I hope you will accord us another chance to provide you better accommodation in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went for a quick overnight trip and enjoyed being at the beach! The outside of the hotel is in pretty bad shape and the elevator to the parking deck was broken. I told the front desk it was broken @4pm and came back and it was still broken at 6pm. They said that someone was coming in the morning. Overall the staff was below average. The room had an amazing view of the beach and was nice to listen to the waves all night. The rooms had been updated but were in pretty bad shape (lots of dings and dents throughout on the furniture). Overall I had a great time and the hotel did not get in the way of it but you can tell they do NOT take pride in their property.

Room Tip: Balcony views are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello zsunshine4444,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience as the elevator needed maintenance works during your stay and we wanted to make sure it is in perfect working condition before we open it for our guests to use for safety reason. I will accelerate your concerns about the quality of customer service you received during your stay. Please know that we take our guests’ concerns seriously and we are doing our best to be able to provide the best value services for all of our guests. Thank you for your business.
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel looked nice enough from the outside, but was nothing but one disappointment after another. We had booked a room for 6 days. We had reserved a room with 2 queen beds, but when we got to the room, we ended up with double beds. Our refrigerator stopped working and caused our food to go bad. When we received a new one, it froze everything, again ruining all our food. We asked the hotel to help us replace our food and they suggested that we just stop by and eat in their restaurant. There are 15 floors in the hotel and only 4 ice machines, and only 2 of those worked, sometimes. If you were trying to get ice between 930 am and noon, basically, you were out of luck. The elevator in the parking garage was "out of service" more often than not. When we got there, we checked out the amenities and noticed that the indoor pool had a light free floating in the water with the wires exposed. We notified the front desk and they acted like it was no big deal. When we were trying to check out, we spent about 2 hours trying to get a luggage cart. When we asked the front desk about it, they notified us that people had taken them the night before so they "wouldn't have to look for one in the morning". To me, this is extremely unacceptable. We will not use nor recommend this hotel ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laura H
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hello Miss Laura,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us. I will bring your concerns to our management so that these issue is resolved and will be handled differently in the future. Please know that your satisfaction is very important to us as we value your business. We will make certain that this inconvenience is avoided in the future. I hope you will come stay with again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were on the edge of the hotel which didn't have a balcony and there were screws through the windows to prevent you from opening. So we never got to hear the ocean. The cleaning staff never came the second day and I would not suggest this hotel if you are pool people. The indoor and outdoor pool are subpar. Overall cheap however not great!

2 Thank Aelemasters
Hello Aelemasters,

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings of our team to address your concerns during your stay. I will accelerate your feedback so that this is evaluated. I assure you that our management will carefully look into the matter and will implement necessary corrective measure. Thank you for your business.
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not a resort! The place is absolutely disgusting! We checked-in and immediately checked-out! We got a full refund too! Thank God or we would have had to sue for being mislead. Our room number was written in magic marker on the door. That should tell you what kind of disgusting place this is. It's the worse thing I've ever seen. There was no way my family was going to sleep, relax, or doing anything else in that hotel! It's not clean! The whole place needs to be renovated, knocked and remade, or closed because it's not worth a dime to stay there. Do make a mistake and book your vacation here.

2 Thank Lovelykinab
Hello Lovelykinab,

I regret that we failed to suffice your standard, preferred accommodation in our hotel. I will bring your comments to our management in order that this concerns will be addressed accordingly and to verify what took place during your check in. Trust that this will be evaluated .
Millersville
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I had to ask for someone to cleane my room and get towels and wash clothes 3 times I finally got some at 7:00 that night terrible staff not very friendly the hot tub was never cleaned the whole week I was there the food was awful pizza taste like boxed pizza elevator to the garage was broke every day had to walk up three flights of stairs to get to my car.I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

1 Thank Adoniseaston
Hello Adoniseaston,

I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I will accelerate your concerns on the customer response in order to verify what took place during your stay . Our maintenance team are working very closely to fix the elevator and bring it back to excellent working condition. We do not want to risk our guests’ safety and we wanted to ensure it working without any issue before it is opened again for the guests to use. Please know that we take our guests. feedback seriously and I assure you that every detail in your review will be forwarded to management for evaluation. Thank you for your business.