“Roaches N Room (avoid)!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #105 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hindman, Kentucky
“Roaches N Room (avoid)!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

When I arrived they could not find my reservation, but after leaving the front desk unattended long enough to take the elevator upstairs with a room key, the lady returned and said I have you one. Well, we unloaded out car, took all of it to the room, and found roaches (small not very old roaches, only a few larger ones). We called the front desk and were told "we would be moved in the morning" after checkout, after other rooms are cleaned become available. I spoke with a manager around 9 that next morning said she would see what she could do. She called around three pm and said she had talked with someone and would refund the first night stay and located us another room and we could move out things into it around 5 that evening. (MY THINGS WERE IN THE CAR SO NO ROACHES COULD LEAVE WITH US) As far as the other room, It was clean, and I had things to do during the day so I didn't need a room during that time but I really didn't appreciate how she tried to go attorney with me stating that she had receipts showing that she had an exterminator in there every month therefore she was covered. If you don't have any guests, it does it really matter if you are covered?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fred T
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Mr. Fred T,

It is regretful that you had unpleasant experience during your stay with us. I assure you that this matter will addressed accordingly to avoid causing inconvenience in the future. Our team is working their best to be able to offer you and other guests value services at all times.
Thank you for your choice to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Turkish first
Alcolu, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Tammy was very nice and helpful and I am looking forward to come back very soon, the rooms were very clean and they were very comfortable I'll give sun n sand resort a 3-4 stars for its service, I will definitely recommend any and every one to book a room here

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Mikewhite87,

I am very glad that that our team was able to provide your lodging needs to your satisfaction, thank you for taking note of Tammy being helpful to you. We are committed to offer our guests value services in our hotel.

I look forward to your next visit in our hotel son.
Danielsville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We took a weekend get-a-way quick trip to Myrtle Beach. The hotel and staff were really nice. The cable TV went out - so no cable TV all night long or the next day. My husband read magazines and I crocheted while we listened to music on his laptop (good thing he brought it with us). I asked for some compensation for no TV and was told that the manager said it was not the hotels problem. I thought maybe throwing us $10.00 off would have been a nice jesture - but no dice. We recommend this resort and would stay there again...nice location and views.

Room Tip: We booked off season and got a super cheap rate.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello TeePee1953,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the failure of cable service have brought you. Please know that your comments and concerns are extremely important to us. I will accelerate your comment on possible compensation to management to address inevitable occurrence such as this in the future.

Thank you for staying in our hotel, I hope you and your family will visit us again soon.
Stedman, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The resort was nice and clean. I've stayed here before and the room I stayed in needed updating. I recently stayed and the resort made some upgrades to the resort. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review for our resort. We are happy that you have noticed our efforts to improve our rooms. Customer satisfaction is one of the ways we gauge our performance and your comment assures us we are going the right way. We would love to see you stay with us again.
Manning, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was exactly perfect for my quick trip to myrtle beach. I was there on business and checked into my king room which was perfect. There was even a desk to do my work on with complimentary wifi (this is the main thing I look for now after being extremely over charged at a branded hotel recently) the room was clean and the view was beautiful. I will definitely be asking my secretary to book my next trip at the sun n sand.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are satisfied with our room. We are also happy to provide free wifi for our guests to use; we realized it’s become a need we should address. Our view has never failed to delight first timers in our resort. We are looking forward to your next business trip.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the moment I walked through the door to check-in, everything was awesome. The front desk clerk, Stephanie, was very friendly and always greet customers with a smile. The rooms are nice and also affordable.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is very peaceful and quite. The Wi-Fi is excellent.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristina M, Director of Sales at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We appreciate you left a review for our hotel. We are happy that you were more than satisfied with your vacation with us. Our staff is happy too because their services were acknowledged by our visitors. We strive to keep our rooms and our service in tip top shape for our guests’ comfort. We hope to see you again soon.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

It was nice and quite after a long days work the housekeepers and front desk was nice its in a very nice spot u will be near a lot of attraction I almost felt like I was at home my job can send me to myrtle beach anytime if im staying at sunn sand

• Stayed February 2014
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for spending some time to leave us a comment. It is an inspiration to our staff to receive comments like these. We certainly want our customer to enjoy our hotel and the neighborhood. We would love for you to visit us again soon, maybe then you'll be with your officemates.