“This Hotel was HORRIBLE so bad that we didnt even stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #105 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lees Summit Mo
“This Hotel was HORRIBLE so bad that we didnt even stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Upon arrival we were given a room at 430pm we had reserved Oceanfront King. We went to a room and the bar was keeping the door open, so my Husband opened the door slowly. We found that this room was not even being close to clean, towels everywhere, sheets not on bed toilet running NO handle on the sliding door to go out on balcony.
Would not recommend this resort. We did finally did get to talk with Will the Hotel Manager and were told we could leave and get a full refund. I will say that Will was very helpful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mona D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Gaffney, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there at $139 a night which was fairly cheap for what we looked at online. Room was decorated nicely. Bed was firm and pillows were firm, big refrigerator and great wifi signal. Indoor pool is disappointing, it was wayyyyyy too small for a hotel their size , hot tub was broken, out door pool was small. Hotel staff was nice, will stay in something better next time we go to myrtle beach!

• Stayed August 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beautiful Clean Room and AWESOME oceanfront view! What an AWESOME place to stay! AWESOME front desk! Stephanie and Amy F.D. went over and above to accommodate. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for making this weekend so very special! You guys are the BEST!

Dumfries, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I rented a unit from a private owner at the Sun N Sand Resort from July 30 - Aug 3, 2013. I was VERY skeptical after reading all of the bad reviews. It was a last minute trip and the $350 for 5 days/4 nights fit my budget perfectly! I will admit that I was not liking the very small drive up area to get to the hotels front door and the parking garage. It is in between the Sun N Sand and the John Harbour Hotel. There was a direct access to the beach off of it also so it was used by walkers as well.

I went inside and informed the young lady at the front desk that we were staying in private unit #1105. She asked me when we were checking out, wrote the dates on a parking placard and handed it to me for our car. She told me to park on floors 2 or above in the garage and that there was an elevator on each level that would bring us back to the lobby. So far so good. Parking was full so we ended up on level 4 of the 5 level parking garage. We headed to the garage elevators with our bags and got on. It had the worst gas/sewer smell to it!!! Once we got off, we found our way around the corner and through glass doors back into the lobby, which by the way was modern enough with a leather couch set and a spiral-like staircase leading upstairs. I read all types of complaints about how slow the elevators were and how long everyone had to wait for one. We NEVER had that problem. The longest that we waited was maybe 1 minute for one. Apparently they were replaced sometime this year, but some guest have already scratched curse words, etc. into the metal trimming in them which is definitely not the hotels fault. Hallways carpet could have used a good shampooing. No large stains or anything but kind of old looking from the water and sand I assume. And the lighting could be a little brighter. Our room was ok. Looked just like the pictures online. Shelving unit with microwave. We had dishes, a burner for cooking, and a full-size refrigerator. Flat screen tv. We did not have a balcony but we did have a wonderful full window view of the ocean. Beautiful!!! The beds were full size and super small. My husband and I had to each sleep with one of our daughters to be comfortable.

The floors inside of the elevators and the walkway from the elevators to the beach area did constantly stay wet due to the traffic in and out to the beach. It's a beachfront hotel. Yes, they could have had someone mopping but that person would be mopping all day, every day! Inside of the lobby area, there was a restaurant called Zenti, I believe. Decent prices and food wasn't bad. We ordered breakfast one morning and order a large pizza for $9.99. I never actually went to the bar outside of the hotel, but my husband did buy a whiskey sour for me there. It was not good.

We took the kids over to the pool area and they were not able to swim. There were approximately 9-10 other kids in there and it was basically full. No joke. The pools are super small (the indoor and the outdoor one). But they were very clean.

We, personally, never had to deal with the front desk or the housekeeping staff during our stay so I cannot complain about them at all.

Pros:

1. Oceanfront!!!
2. Great location to everything. We never drove longer than 10 minutes to get to anything that we needed.

Cons:

1. The smell in the garage elevator was horrendous!!!!
2. Parking garage could be lit a little better late at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dionne J
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine. The free parking garage is nice. The hotel rooms do look like the pics on the website but be careful when you turn on the water in the bathroom sink. The beds are sitting on wooden box frames instead of an actual box set. Which makes them harder than a regular hotel bed. This beach is horrible! Dirty with drink/food litter, not soft sand, Stay between 28th ave and 19th if you do decide to come here. Otherwise you will be up all night long. Anything between or north of the two Ferris wheels would be a bad idea. In general I'd say go to Virginia Beach instead but if you do have to stay here the here are the positives: This hotel is not dirty. The bar has karaoke nights and a dance floor. Free Internet, free parking, and located in the quieter and less traylor park end of the beach.

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have never written a review of a hotel. This one is terrible. The website I used to book showed two separate rooms. When we finally got checked in it was a single room unlike the photo. The guest service desk could care less that I had two young teens that I preferred not to sleep in the same room. For $250/night I could book another room. The elevators kept breaking and were too slow. The indoor pool was disgusting, the outdoor kids pool was closed. The place was under renovation and really should be closed down until they finish. I'd NEVER recommend or stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katt9
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

There was a bit of an issue getting checked in on time since there were some issues with their cleaning crew, but they let us stay an extra half day for free since our flights got delayed. This place is extremely busy and is a bit worn down. For all you travelers out there double check your reservations with your hotel. It seems there is a severe break down in communication between your booking agency, whoever it is (hotels.com reservations.com expedia bookit ect) Verify your rooms and make sure if it's oceanfront, if that's what your paid for. There were several people that were trying to check but the reservations cancelled for some reason by the booking agency.!!

Room Tip: got rooms for about $100 per night on bookit.com
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends