“Awesome trip.”

Ranked #92 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Awesome trip.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a great time at the sun and sand resort. The pictures on the website are very accurate and the staff was very helpful. I had a great great day just hanging out on the beautiful beach right behind the hotel and even had a wonderful view from my room. It was awesome to wake up in the morning and look as far as my eyes could see into the ocean. The location was fantastic because it wasn't right in the middle of everything but it is close enough to all the great things Myrtle beach has to offer. I had a big group and they were able to comfortably accommodate all of us. Check in was a breeze even with everybody and I got to start having fun once I stepped in the door. The pool was great and so were the beds. I slept like a baby on their comfortable beds and had a nice flat screen tv in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wes_A97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Sun N Sand resort for a weekend and had a great time. The hotel was clean and the rooms were especially clean. I didn't use much of the services, however it seemed like the food and pools were very good. I would definitely recommend staying here. The price was affordable and the hotel is right on the beach. Fun for the entire family!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Fbgm247
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had quite a fantastic time at the Sun N Sand Resort. It makes you feel young at heart, and there is so much to do. Fun atmosphere, right on the beach, great service, and friendly staff. They will not bother you, and even if an incident occurs during your stay, they are accepting and continue to treat you very kindly. Especially if you are traveling in a group, it's a fun time.

Room Tip: Any room is relaxing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jake S
Walton, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you need a nice room on the beach, Sun N Sand is good. The staff is super nice and the rooms are being remodeled. This would be a great place for couples or ladies weekend, but not for families. The indoor pool is only about as big as a hot tub. I went recently with three kids and changed hotels to find something for the children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Scotland
Reviewed April 4, 2013

March 30-31/13. Worst 14 hour experience I have ever spent in a hotel. Booked the hotel from March 30-April 5, Oceanview room. Looked great from the outside, walked up to the door filthy windows figured okay it is the beach, went inside not impressed, up to our room on 14th floor, bottom of door looked like it had been in water or chewed on not a good feeling. Went inside yuk, Oceanview was Good. Outside pool below next to garbage. To get to the INSIDE POOL you had to go out the back door and around to the side of the building and enter from outside any tom dick or harry could go in, full of steam strong sickening odor of clorine and at least an inch of water on the floor. Leaned ironing board up against the door to our room and had to jimmy the bar so it would lock the patio door. YES you had to lock the door beacuse a few floors down you could see young people going in and out of the balcony's. Slept in our clothes because of the hair and yellow stains on sheets. About 50 people around the pool until 3am screaming etc. Got up the next morning left OF COURSE NO REFUND AT ALL HAD TO PAY FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK FOR 14 HRS I would of been satisfied with only a partial refund, the only reason we stayed at all was because we were so exhausted from driving 16 hours to get to Myrtle Beach it would not be safe for us to drive any longer especially in the dark. In the future EVERYONE WE TALK, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER TO WILL KNOW WHAT A DISGUSTING FACILITY THIS IS (of course the front desk said we apoligize for your inconvience) WELL THOSE ARE WORDS ONLY AND DO NOT MAKE UP FOR THIS EXPENSE AND UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE. Drove back home, this hotel RUINED what should have been a wonderful relaxing vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 373SusanT

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend and I decided to visit Mrytle Beach for the first time. We booked a room at the Sun n Sand Resort. The pics on the internet seemed very nice, but what a terrible disappointment. The hotel was filthy and disgusting. Paper thin walls, sticky floors, sheets that were not clean with dirt, stains and hair on them. Bathroom was dirty. The one and only chair in the room, I would not put my dog on it was that dirty. The television had a purple line down one side and a blue line running down the other side. Party going on until 4am, people throwing garbage in the outdoor pools and jumping from one balcony to another. No security in the building to deal with it as the reception area is on the other side of the flippin building. Could not drink or eat on deck of the hotel...REALLY. The bed was so hard, you might have slept on the floor. The only way to get to the indoor pool was to go outside of the hotel and walk around to the outdoor pool and enter into a room that the paint was off the walls and an inch of water all over the floor, it was like a sauna it there. The balcony door did not lock. 12 hours in the disgusting filth of a hotel was enough for us. We would have left right away but the time we arrive it was late. Not too mention we slept in our clothes. When we complained we were told there would not be a refund for our 6 day reservation. Resort - Need a course on customer service. I assure you that we will not be recommending this hotel and we will be letting people know not to go there.

Room Tip: I don't care if this hotel was free I would not stay there. I wish I had taken pictures
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ConnieG17
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Pre booked this place for 3 nights and when I showed up I cancelled reservations from just the sight of it I didn't even bother to see the room. Ended up having to pay for first night even tho I didn't stay.

• Stayed March 2013