“Best getaway I have had in a while!”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #107 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This trip was the best ive had in a while! The location is great it's right on the beach! Our room was nice and the view was awesome! The free waters and mints at the front desk on the weekends were great! I have no complaints about this hotel and will be back really soon!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bradcraig11
There are newer reviews for Sun N Sand Resort

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am somewhat of a hotel snob but holy cow when a place is AAA Diamond rated I expected some minimum standards. I imagine this place is more akin to a Super 8 not any "resort" I have every visited. The lobby and elevator landings were wet and I almost feel several times. All the towels had stains on them. The linens were the same and I am not sure that one bed even had clean linens. The beds contain crappy mattresses with NO bed springs. I think the bunks at my middle school summer camp were more comfortable. While standing on the tile floor in our room my tennis shoes were sliding around due to an unknown substance on the floor. (I did not go barefoot in the room EVER)

I put some laundry in the 6th floor machine and noticed it was plugged in but there was NO water connection. I had to call the front desk and ask for a refund of my money and take the laundry to another floor. (The staff had no idea the units were out of order) They could not replace my laundry powder that I wasted on the first machine because the ones they sell at the front desk are "inventoried" so they had to account for them if they gave me one.

Our ocean front room had windows so old and cloudy it looked like I was looking through a foggy lens. But forget the smell of fresh ocean air because all the windows are screwed shut. WOO HOO! Not that it mattered due to the hotel bar six floors below that was doing karaoke until 2 am.
Unfortunately due to the poor condition of the windows I did not get the "full glory" of the face and finger smudges left by prior guests until night fell. The reflections of the "ghosts of guests past" verified multiple children and adults had apparently smashed their faces and hands against the glass trying to see the view through the milky windows.

I understand that everyone has a budget but I just want people to know what they should expect if they stay here. I let my wonderful significant other make our vacation plans and he bought this hotel on Hotwire. I give him an A for effort but will NEVER stay here again.

And one final bit of advice. I suggest you huddle in the a/c of your room because the minute you step into the hallway or elevators there is absolutely NO air flow.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel. Also beware of what they consider "ocean front" vs. "ocea...
2  Thank TPP2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This property had me a bit nervous after i reserved a room through hotwire.I read many reviews through tripadvisor and most were negative.This place in the year 2000 was probably very nice but with the down turn in the economy this and other places close to this one have suffered very badly due to this downturn.The restaurant is a shell of what it once was.It was staffed with one very polite foreign exchange student who did the best she could.One person to take the money and serve the food.Please!As my family which consists of my wife and two daughters ages 16 and 15 were eating the pizza on the deck overlooking the ocean a fellow room renter walked up to us and asked if we would like to buy some jewerly from sandwich bags.By the way we also had 2 or 3 cockroaches in our room.Please read this and remember that there are many options down here that do not include signing a no refund piece of paper before you see the room.Run as far from this place and do not let your kids out of your sight if you do stay here

Room Tip: Stay closer to the boardwalk in Myrtle beach because this is a bad area to stay.We played putt putt...
1  Thank wallycoxx
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in Dec. 2011 and had no problems so decided to go back for a few days last week. I made the reservation before checking out the reviews so I was expecting the worst. Our room was on the 15th floor, oceanfront. The room was clean and big and saw no bugs. It was quiet also. Did not hear anything out in the hallway. The A/C worked great. We had no problem with the inside elevators. Did not wait long at all. Yes, the parking garage elevators did not work but we just walked up the outside ramp because most times our car was parked on the first or second level and my husband even walks with a cane. We did use the golf cart once. The front desk staff was friendly enough and always gave us extra coffee for the room. All in all this place was not that bad plus with it being farther south there was not as much traffic. I guess if you are looking for a 5 star hotel do not stay here but for a 3 star and the price it was OK.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BRL3449
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Do not be fooled by the " Recently Remodeled" as this is a pure scam. The rooms were not clean, mold on the closet racks, plastic cups not in plastic sleeves, water from air conditioner units drip all over every balcony. The parking garage elevator would not work and they rented golf carts to take you to and from which was an act of congress to get them to take or pick you up. Stains on the floors along with burnt out light bulbs, cob webs in the corners, refrigerator smelled like a city dump and elevators sounded like gear grinding, shaking, scare you to death elevators. Steps to and from beach are broken and a completely hazard. The pool is on side of hotel and small compared to other hotels. There were chunks of concrete missing out of the sides of the pool. Water had a weird smell to it. The only thing that seemed ok was the drinking on the patio bar area however if you are drunk, who cares about the rest. Bottom line this is not worth the money nor the time for your hard earned money and only time you have for a vacation. You will be disappointed....very disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TripGuru_12
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Don't believe the website pictures!! The parking garage is terrible to get in and out of. Elevators don't work in the garage and are discusting. They rented golf carts to take people to their car, but they were never there!! If the elevators do work in the hotel, you will wait forever and they are trashy! The rooms are dirty, stained, lights are broken and are FAR from the picture. The hotel always smells. Lobby bathrooms are full of bugs because so gross. Pools are gross. Bed is hard as a rock. Can't imagine what the restaurant is like....

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked on Hotwire...I must say we loved the location. There was no traffic, you could buzz across Ocean Blvd up 27thN Ave and be on 17. The beach was not crowded!!! The garage elevator was broke but the golf carts were there, James was usually nearby or the front desk radioed him if we needed a ride. We only used the garage stairs once, they were kinda creepy & smelly. The main elevators worked fine, never a wait of more than a couple of minutes. The entrance to the parking garage was a bit small, but our KIA fit ok. The room was a room-our fridge & microwave worked great. Our only gripes were that the fan in bathroom didn't work, the maid was very late in getting to our room (not sure if there was more than 1), the ice machine didn't recover well, & the bar music went a bit late (we had a 4 y.o. who had trouble going to sleep because of it). Pools are very small but our 4 y.o. swam. This wasn't a 4 star resort but it wasn't a 1 star either. We feel like we got a good value for the money we spent. I would stay here again. Jason at the front desk was a super nice guy.....but we didn't interact with them for anything except check-in/out.

Room Tip: If you don't get oceanfront, get rooms on the North side. There is no tall hotel beside you.