“Carpet Disaster”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #107 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The room was nice & large, But the carpet in the hallway was disgusting, on some floors it looked as if it was a crime scene. If it not been the middle of the night I would not have stayed. The elevator was out in the garage, which meant a nice walk back to the hotel. The curtain was broke in the bedroom, and the sliding glass door would not lock. We were on the 16th floor, so it was not a big problem.

Room Tip: The Suites are large & roomy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank msmikieb
There are newer reviews for Sun N Sand Resort

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to take a last minute trip to Myrtle Beach this weekend. When we arrived at the resort we were very happy w/ what we saw. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They happened to be running a manager special. The room was very comfortable and the view was amazing. The bed was comfy. The furniture was sheek. And the room was clean. My boyfriend fell in love w/ the oceanview from the 14th floor. This will be our first choice when we return to Myrtle Beach!!!

Room Tip: Broadway at the Beach is a must!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katrina S
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My 6-year-old granddaughters and I had a very enjobable stay with this hotel in September 2011. Even they were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the caring attitudes of the staff! The food at the restaurant was very tasty and the prices were reasonable. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank peacerocks
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I had a very clean room and the staff was very helpful This property has been renovated since last season and they are still working on it. It has definitley come a long ways. My trip to Myrtle Beach was a success.

Room Tip: Oceanfront, Higher Floor
Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dyamond J
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was a little nervous about the reviews on this place, but the stay was awesome! The staff was very friendly and the hotel was just fine. You can tell they are putting work into this place. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My daughter sent me and my husband to Myrtle Beach to celebrate my 60th birthday. The staff was friendly. The food was good in the restaurant and the ony person on duty was Mary and she was great. Service was prompt and the room was clean. I liked the location because it was not in the middle of things we were near the end of the beach. We had a side view of the ocean. For the price it was good. I admit when I read the reviews I was a little leary about staying there. I decided to write my own review because it wasn't that bad. We stayed on the 10th floor.The beach was not over crowded. The outside pool was nice and well maintained. Our stay was during the Labor Day Weekend. This was our first vacation in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BlessedMom60
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife had booked a room here for our family. It was for 3 nights with a check in date of July 30. Sadly my wife's father had unexpectedly passed away on the morning of July 29th. I had called the hotel in the early afternoon of 29th and informed them of the death and that we would have to cancel the reservation. The following month when I reviewed my monthly credit card bill, I had seen that the hotel had charged me for 1 nights stay. I understand that this is the normal policy as stated on the website for cancellations within 7 days, but I called them to explain the situation and offered to fax a copy of the death certificate as proof. The reservation desk personnel said they could not help and that I would have to speak to the manager. Well, the manager never returned my numerous calls. the one time I did manage to reach him, he 'conveniently' had to go to a meeting for the next hour and a half and that he would call me after the meeting. I never got that call. Even the staff were emabarrased and would apologize and say "The manager is like that"

The moral integrity and business ethics of the upper management is non existent.

"Y'all don't come back now, y'here!"

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family