“Great times!!!”

Ranked #105 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great times!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was a little nervous about the reviews on this place, but the stay was awesome! The staff was very friendly and the hotel was just fine. You can tell they are putting work into this place. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My daughter sent me and my husband to Myrtle Beach to celebrate my 60th birthday. The staff was friendly. The food was good in the restaurant and the ony person on duty was Mary and she was great. Service was prompt and the room was clean. I liked the location because it was not in the middle of things we were near the end of the beach. We had a side view of the ocean. For the price it was good. I admit when I read the reviews I was a little leary about staying there. I decided to write my own review because it wasn't that bad. We stayed on the 10th floor.The beach was not over crowded. The outside pool was nice and well maintained. Our stay was during the Labor Day Weekend. This was our first vacation in Myrtle Beach.

2 Thank BlessedMom60
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife had booked a room here for our family. It was for 3 nights with a check in date of July 30. Sadly my wife's father had unexpectedly passed away on the morning of July 29th. I had called the hotel in the early afternoon of 29th and informed them of the death and that we would have to cancel the reservation. The following month when I reviewed my monthly credit card bill, I had seen that the hotel had charged me for 1 nights stay. I understand that this is the normal policy as stated on the website for cancellations within 7 days, but I called them to explain the situation and offered to fax a copy of the death certificate as proof. The reservation desk personnel said they could not help and that I would have to speak to the manager. Well, the manager never returned my numerous calls. the one time I did manage to reach him, he 'conveniently' had to go to a meeting for the next hour and a half and that he would call me after the meeting. I never got that call. Even the staff were emabarrased and would apologize and say "The manager is like that"

The moral integrity and business ethics of the upper management is non existent.

"Y'all don't come back now, y'here!"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SilverBowlClub

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went to check for a room here Sept. 9, 2011. The lobby was clean, elevators okay, but the rooms they allowed us to view looked like it needed a wreching ball to take care of it. Rust all over the fridge and stove which looked like it was about to fall over, tiny bathroom, nasty floors and linen on beds, tiny balcony that was VERY nasty and even the windows were not clean. A dump if you ask me....nothing like the photos.
We just wanted to see a room since the outside looked nice and the photos we saw online were good. We don't usually stay in the most expensive places, but expect cleanliness overall. The smaller Sea Horn hotel down the road is older, but much cleaner and they even wash the bedspreads after each guest leaves!

Room Tip: always ask to see the room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank momrnc
Dunn, North Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Rented a OceanFront room on the 15th floor, was a little leery since the reviews talked about roaches. Only saw one and that was in the garage elevator. Its a little dated and could use some TLC but overall if your going to the beach and staying in your room all day then something is wrong. I didn't use the pools so I can not comment other than the outside pool was small and not deep (well for me, me and my fiance are over 6 foot). Also didn't check out the on site restaurant so I can not comment on that either. The beach area was not too crowded (one advantage of not being near the boardwalk) and the parking lanes where a little tight (the parking ramp is close to the front office and you might be stuck for a bit trying to exit the parking garage if alot of people are checking in/out). Personally I would recommend it as long as you knew what you where getting into.

1 Thank OrionDarkwood
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Were on our way north and decided to spend a couple nights in MB. Most hotels along the strip were full. After 2 hours looking got a room here. This will teach us to plan ahead on beautiful weekends! The room needed major work. The lobby, hallways and elevators weren't clean. There were holes in rugs. Elevators sounded unsafe. Walls were thin. Staff challenged us when we said room wasn't clean so obviously have low standards.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank cag418
West Lafayette, Ohio
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had already been in Myrtle Beach for 10 nights at Hotel Blue and wanted to add 2 more nights to our trip but there were no rooms left at Hotel Blue for the weekend of Sept 9. So we cruised the Ocean Blvd looking for a hotel for the 2 additional nights. We stopped in Thursday night to book for Friday and Saturday nights. The night manager gave us an Oceanfront room on 4th floor for a side view price. $69 a night for each night. Room was clean and appeared to be newly remodeled. Bathroom was very nice with a granite counter top. Hallway was a little musty, but that is to be expected on a carpeted oceanfront property. There was a very nice seating and outdoor bar area, as well as restaurant. Parking garage was great. We have stayed at several hotels at Myrtle Beach over the years and this was by far the roomiest parking garage. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only draw back to this hotel is the pool area. The outdoor pool is off to the side of the hotel. It is very small and ice cold. Being off to the side it doesn't seem to get a whole lot of sun light. The outdoor hot tub was not very warm and the jets just trickled out. This was a downfall for us as we enjoy the outdoor pool areas when we stay at the beach. The indoor pool was also small, water was little cloudy, but temperature was good.
All and all this was an OK hotel. I would recommend it for people who don't utilize the pool area on their stay in Myrtle Beach. It is also closer to the ocean than most hotels. With the pools on the side, the hotel sits as close as possible to the beach, making for a good view.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before check in, ours was great, but have seen some questionable reviews.