“good place for seafood”

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We make a lunch stop to Mr. Fish on all our Myrtle Beach trips. We have had some excellent meals there. On our last outing, we had our favorite appetizer, the boom boom shrimp, which was excellent. My son and I were in the mood for some fish and chips so we both ordered the Haddock platter. I got mine with fries and slaw, he got fries and hand cut chips. The portion of Haddock was great, but unfortunately the fish was overcooked. The fries and chips were outstanding. Service was decent. we still like the place but have had better meals here. When you are called Mr. Fish I would expect perfectly cooked fish. I still give it 4 stars because the fish was very fresh and a good portion. If they had cooked it perfectly it would be 5 stars..
We'll be giving them another try for sure, and I would recommend the place.

1  Thank music_fanatic1
There are newer reviews for Mr. Fish

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Two things. A. I used to LOVE a restaurant that was at this location a few years ago and B. I love the original storefront Mr. Fish a little further down Kings Hwy. So having two good feelings going on we bugged in for a Saturday lunch. They don't have a lunch menu so dinner prices prevailed. Wife splurged on a seafood pasta, girl quesadilla, boy a fried combo and me the fish tacos special. Portions seemed lunch sized, yet dinner price. Food and service was not great but tolerable. It is just not as enjoyable paying a premium for average food and service.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Love seafood at Mr. Fish in Myrtle Beach, SC. The food is always fresh. The kids always enjoy eating here.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

not only is the food incredible the staff is almost like family. Great service and very professional but mad you feel at home.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We live here and it's still one of our favorite places. If the line is long, look in the bar, same great food and service. Highly recommended.