“Great food but keep it simple” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #43 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Great food but keep it simple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

[a year ago I gave Mr F 2 stars which was generous. A second vist was far more enjoyable. I ca now recommend it.]

KISS - Keep it simple, stupid. Fried green tomatoes and fish nugget appetizers were mediocre and unnecessary given the large portions of fine entrees. My blackened grouper was nothing short of marvelous. Crab cakes were quite good but nothing like the plain fish. My daughter got a fish sandwich but tossed the bread which was overpowering. The cucumber salad was a perfect complement to the spicy blackened preparation. Fries were limp but hush puppies were as good as I've ever had.

Enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dmaxdmax

Nashville, Tennessee
“Very Good Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is the second year in a row we dined at this restaurant. Great Shrimp and Grits and Outstanding Sushi. The service was outstanding. We had two large families and they had no trouble seating us. We will return again.

Georgetown, Kentucky
“A little disappointed....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews, we decided to give Mr. Fish a try. Our server, Patrick, seemed a little confused. He stumbled through the specials and actually provided us with incorrect info. He told us the special was a Steampot of King Crab and Snow Crab legs....turns out the special was a Steampot of Blue Crab pieces. We ordered the Boom Boom Shrimp for our appetizer and were pleased. they spicy mayo was tasty. My husband ordered the Seafood Alfredo. He described it as "nothing to write home about." I ordered the Crab Cakes. They were ok, but were more filler than anything else. The highlights of the meal were the hushpuppies and the hand-cut french fries. Both were delivered to our table piping hot and delicious!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank atd77
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Best seafood restaurant for locals and visitors.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am a Myrtle Beach local but over the last four years give or take since Mr. Fish was operating at another location to now at their current location, my family from out of town always wants to make a visit there when they are here. They have an excellent selection of fresh seafood, and sushi. Some of our favorites appetizer wise are the fried green tomato tower, and dozen raw oysters. Just about any entree is a good options of the fish tacos and sushi options we love.

• Visited May 2014
Acworth, Georgia
“Dinner Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband is a huge seafood eater, and I am not. We did not want to spend the larger amounts of money to eat a buffet where I did not really enjoy most of the meal. Mr. Fish had several options for non-seafood eaters, much like myself. They even allowed me to substitute a meal with chicken instead of the menu listed crab meat. It was a good meal at a reasonable price.

Visited June 2014