“Good Food, Especially the Grits Pies”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #59 of 905 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went to Mr. Fish twice on a recent weekend stay. The owner is there most of the time, wine glass in hand, we were told. We met him on our first visit but he wasn't there on our second one. Our first meal was great and everything was high quality. The next time we went, I had to send my meal back because my coleslaw was warm and my fish was cold. The same piece of fish was returned to me at the proper temperature and I was given some fresh, cold coleslaw, but I was surprised that they did not give me a fresh piece of fish. I think it was because I ordered one of the more expensive market-priced fish. I didn't get sick afterwards so it turned out okay. The second time we went, there weren't many people there for dinner and service was much slower than before when it was busier.

Save room for dessert! The grits pies are wonderful! My favorite was the chocolate grits pie but our friends say the coconut grits pie is best.

1  Thank 60742Traveler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Good food, great waitress, all for a fair price. The flounder was great. The fries weren't very good but didn't need them anyway.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife visited this place on a Sunday noon. It was less crowded (or the place was really big). Anyway as we ordered the 'sampler platter' as am appetizer and it was AWESOME. We both loved the crab rangoons especially, along with their homemade sauces. Would surely go there again next time we visit Myrtle beach.

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We went for sushi and it was very good. The customer service from our waiter was great! Atmosphere was noisy.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went to this place as i had heard a lot of raves .... i could say it was average at best .. we arrived around 9:30pm for a late dinner .... the waitress looked tired and although she was trying her best it was pretty obvious .... took her 10-15 mins and 2 reminders to get the pepsi .... our main course also had stories ... ,my sea scallop was great ... but my wife's Shrimp Stir fry had uncooked rice ... we had to send it back and they took it off the final bill ... the mac 'n cheese for my daughter was soupy ....