“A mix but order the She-Crab soup”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #54 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Michigan
“A mix but order the She-Crab soup”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Close friends, who had vacationed in Myrtle Beach several times, had recommended Mr. Fish as a place to meet another couple for dinner in October. We found it quite stark, no warmth but a varied menu. The male waiter was okay but his brusqueness and lack of knowledge about drinks indicates it's strictly a part-time job for him. if you want a cocktail, don't order the house gin---it's the worst ever. A subsequent order was $2 more but a huge improvement. Interestingly, they had a basket of Hushpuppies as an appetizer for under $3 but they had little flavor while the fried shrimp was vey good and the She-Crab Soup was outstanding and it would be worth a trip back there just to get that soup again...better than any clam chowder you ever had.

Ontario
“Recommended by a local”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

There is a bar with live music, which is separate from the dining area; I do not recall hearing the music where we sat in the restaurant.

The waitress was very upbeat and positive.

Food was delicious and plentiful, we did not have room for dessert.

Duncansville, Pennsylvania
“Returned Customers”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We ate at this restaurant several nights ago and were so pleased with the service and food that we returned again. Most noteworthy was the waitress, Chrissey. She is a model of what a waitress should be. She was very attentive and went out of her way to be sure we had a fantastic experience. She was extremely pleasant and personable. She knew the menus and worked with us to be sure we chose a meal that met what we were hungry for. Chrissey spent time chatting with us and made me and my wife feel very welcome?
Further we once again enjoyed the food we selected. I choose what I had the other evening and my wife selected something new. Mister Fish is a MUST for visitors to Myrtle Beach.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Average seafood restaurant - based on prior reviews expected better”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Read good reviews online and decided to give it a try on my recent trip to Myrtle Beach. One of the main reasons I picked this restaurant was that it had a sushi menu and was one of the few restaurants on the tripadvisor site for MB that listed sushi. I suspected that I was in trouble when we went in and there were no employees of Japanese heritage to be seen, including the guy behind the sushi bar. Had a well priced happy hour martini accompanied by some calamari and fried shrimp, both of which were average. Had a couple of maki rolls for my entre and found them to be average as well. Atmosphere was pretty basic.

Hagerstown Maryland
“Overrated”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I read a review that said someone got the best sushi he'd ever had here. Well, I got what looked like the best sushi on the menu and it was mediocre at best. My SO ordered crab mac and cheese, he said it was great.

Service at Mr. Fish was very friendly but it took our server ten minutes to notice we had sat down.

I probably would give it another chance but I wouldn't sing Mr. Fish's praises.

Visited October 2013