“Great Sushi!!! Not good GREAT!”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #60 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Jack at jackssurflessons.com suggest this place. He said even the locals like it. It was super yummy! We stuck to sushi and ceviche. Yum! We lived in Japan for a few years so we appreciate good sushi.

Best part - Jack walked in! Please check him out. Great to see local businesses supporting local businesses! We lived Jack's Surf Lessons and Mr Fish was great!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was amazing. The bar tender was fabulous and kept us entertained while we waited 1.5 hours to eat. The hush puppies are to die for. The food was wonderful from the appetizer to the entree. This will be our new place to dine!

2  Thank Sarah t
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Tasty, well-prepared fish in a place with lots of art. Unlike most places with a kids menu, they received ample portions of the same quality food as the adults. And it filled them up. The tartar sauce was better than the usual bland white stuff you tend to get. Will go back again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Don't go there if you think good fish comes from the freezer and sits in a bun. But if you want the best food, best service and amazing desserts. Try it!

1  Thank Ginny W
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I ate here tonight for dinner with our two year old and 3 month old. We really enjoyed it. It was very nice inside--not "upscale" but very nice. We did have to wait about 45 minutes even though there weren't that many people there. But once we were seated, the food came out very quickly.

Our waitress was nice--not overly friendly but definitely helpful. I ordered the combo blackened flounder and shrimp with the "boom boom sauce" on the side. The flounder was ok, could have used more seasoning, and the shrimp was really good. The sauces were awesome. They had a cucumber and tomato salad as a side and it was really really good. I also had a side salad that was pretty good. My husband had the tuna steak and loved it. He doesn't usually like fish so this is a big deal for him. We also really loved the hushpuppies. They were made with sweet cornbread, which is what I like personally. We had the crab rangoon as an appetizer and it was excellent.

Overall, I think the restaurant is really good, but I'm not sure it was worth the wait and the money. It's not terribly expensive (10-20 per person, depending on what you get), but it's not the most amazing thing ever. My husband disagrees. He thought it was amazing. Either way, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Bwallace87