“The Real Deal”

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been going to Mr. Fish for a few years and have enjoyed every single bite of everything I ever had there! They recently moved to a new location that I think will attract more tourist business....that means the secret is out! The fried seafood is lightly battered and not greasy at all and, of course, there's the option of grilled or blackened. My faves are the fried green tomato stack with shrimp, blackened tuna tacos and all the fried seafood. Make sure to try the Blackberry Wasabi Sauce and the Boom-Boom Sauce....delicious alternatives to cocktail and tartar sauce. Do not miss the Coconut Grits Pie....sounds kind of weird but it is the best coconut pie I have ever had. If you want fresh seafood cooked to perfection then this is the place for you! Please don't waste your money on the mega buffets in Myrtle Beach....Mr. Fish is the real deal!

2  Thank SurfriderSC
Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I discovered Mr. Fish last year and frequently ate there. This year, in March, they moved to new quarters. I guess I just love the place, because I have been there several times in March, too!
My favorites are their she crab soup and crab cakes. It's just a bit of heaven!

If you want a great fish restaurant, with a fun ambiance, and not expensive food, try this restaurant! It is awesome!

Every year, when I become a "snow bird" from New England, Mr. Fish is one of my first stops.
Eat there, and you'll agree!

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Everything on the menu must be tasty, because the 5 apps I had were probably the best fish I have ever had.

1  Thank RuleNoOneOfFightClub
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The seafood was fresh tasting. Restaurant offered several ways to prepare a seafood, such as blackened, grilled. The Raspberry Wasabi sauce was excellent. Definitely try that.

Prices were very reasonable for this type of restaurant and meal. Good portions. Nice relaxed atmosphere.

Has a bar and Sushi Bar, but I did not try either of those.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had the buffalo shrimp and it was delicious! Friend said grouper was as good as he ever had. Just a great place overall.