“Finally, some good seafood!”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #54 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Greer, South Carolina
“Finally, some good seafood!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Well, to begin, the location is new but this the same Mr. Fish found a few miles south. I believe this one opened sometime in March 2013. The new location is vast and can seat many. On this visit it was ~5pm when we came in. The only gripe I have about. This place is how long it took a waitperson to come and take our drink order. It took b/t 5-8 minutes before we were acknowledged. Once we were though, service and speed of preparation was excellent. We ordered the coconut encrusted mahi mahi as an app. It came with a dip that my husband described as "orange marmalade type", and while this description does hold some truth, I found the dip to me a wonderful blend of sweetness and a hint of horseradish.
For dinner, I had California rolls and my husband had the special, Cobia with smoked Gouda mashed potatoes and sautéed pearl onions, garlic, and tomatoes. I had never heard of Cobia, the waitress described it as a white fish denser than flounder and tilapia. I split mine with him and he, with me. The rolls were fresh and as good as the best ones I've had other places in the past, recommend. The Cobia dish was outstanding! The preparation was perfect, just moist enough and not at all overly "fishy". Set to backdrop of the smoked Gouda potatoes and the other sautéed veggies, we had a winner!
Our 3 year old was with us as well. He went out on limb and had the kids chicken tender plate. J The tenders were a tad overdone but still had a good flavor. I must admit that the French fries were very good, even reheated! We also brought home a plate of fried oysters for my MIL. She said that the oysters were"very good, perfect" and she was especially impressed with the hushpuppies.
MIL loves here part time so we are from out of town, but Mr. Fish can count on seeing us again!
P.S. two nights before the night we visited, a group of us stopped by to eat and was told by the hostess that they were not seating anymore people because their 'kitchen was having some issues". Glad we gave it another try.

• Visited April 2013

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Terrible place.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Terrible service. Food is mediocre. Had a bad experience there. I am also a local. Do not go there and waste your time and money.

• Visited April 2013
Decatur, Georgia
“Repeat Visitor For LIFE!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I live in ATL, but have all my family in Myrtle Beach. Every time I come home Mr. Fish is always on the list of things to do, as good, fresh, delicious seafood is hard to come by in the inland areas. Today my mother and I went to Mr. FIsh for lunch and it was spectacular as usual. I LOVE the new location. The family who owns this restaurant goes above and beyond to support local community. The art work on the wall from local artists it so great to see. Supporting local artists and musicians is key in an area like Myrtle Beach. There is a fantastic sitting area adjacent from the bar with an amazing vintage furniture array. It definitely is inviting. We were one of the first tables there for the day as we arrived early. By the time we left the place was packed! Our lunch was delicious and fresh. My mother hand the Bang Bang shrimp tacos and was rolling her eyes in the back of her head the entire time she was scarfing them down. I had the soft shell crab po-boy and was NOT disappointed at all! The only reason we left when we did was because we knew the table we were seated at was needed by new guests coming in the door. This place is a local favorite, will stay a local favorite, and will always be a necessity on my trips home. The Hammerman's are successful at what they do, because the do it with a passion! Way to go Mr. Fish!

• Visited March 2013
“Don't let the cars in the parking lot fool you!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Fish was old, salad was hot, fries were so old and cold!! Not impressed only thing good was hush puppies and crab dip.

“Family friendly, great food and service”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for fresh seafood, this is a great choice. We had the bacon-wrapped scallops over cheese grits for a starter and the hush puppies--both delish! The scallops had a little kick!

The kids had shrimp baskets (one grilled and one fried) and they actually loved them. My hubby had a whole grilled flounder and said it was tasty but smallish. My oldest daughter has the shrimp stirfry--it was a large portion with loads of veggies. I had the fish tacos, which were ok but not amazing.

Mai Ling was an excellent server! And the live guitar player was a nice touch.

1 Thank FoodieMomof3