“Local seafood simply prepared -- delicious”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #52 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Lake Worth, Florida
“Local seafood simply prepared -- delicious”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recommended by our hotel, Mr. Fish was an interesting dinner destination. Colorful walls adorned by local artwork set the scene and local seafood set the menu. I started with a dozen oysters, cold, fresh, salty, delicious and quite reasonably priced. My husband had the She Crab Soup which was creamy with lots of sweet crabmeat, but could have been a bit hotter (stove hot). For the main attraction I enjoyed the Shrimp ‘n Grits appetizer (the entrée would have been more than I could have enjoyed after the oysters). The shrimp were tender and the grits cheesy with a dab of “low country sauce” made from sausage, peppers, and onions. My husband’s Boom Boom shrimp tacos were very tasty but not very spicy. Then there were the desserts. Clearly there was no room left after the meal, but the coconut grits pie was far too intriguing to pass on entirely so the to-go box came into play. YUM!! 2 layers of deliciousness with the bottom layer consisting of shredded coconut and grits (tasted like a coconut custard pie) and the top layer was like a coconut cream pie – best of both worlds. There was also a pecan grits pie -- but we didn’t go there. PS – they also have a sushi bar and a seafood market, but we didn’t try either.

• Visited November 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Go for the Food, Come Back for the Grit Pie!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Mr. Fish just relocated a few miles north on Kings Hwy -- 3x bigger now. I went on a week night at around 8pm. No line, few other diners. Perfect. Me, my food and a TV (watching the World Baseball Classic Round 2 -- USA v Puerto Rico). I had the crab cakes, fries and cole slaw. Average, not as good as I had hoped. But the dessert was the real surprise. They have this grit pie -- I had the pineapple version -- that is not only unique but very good. Advise: go for the food but come back for the grit pie!

Hickory, North Carolina, United States
“The BEST hands down”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We eat here everytime we come to Myrtle. It is almost worth the four hour drive to eat here. I have eaten the Tuna and crab cakes, and crab soup, shrimp and grits and sushi, and it is all delicious every time! My entire family loves this restaurant so much. I highly recommned eating here at least once on your visit, you may decide to just come back again and again. Totally worth every penny.

Visited March 2013
Greenville, SC
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

After reading all the great reviews and getting a recommendation from a local, we were really looking forward to a great dinner this evening. Unfortunately, we were both very disappointed. It took a very long time for our food to arrive despite the fact there were several empty tables. Our waitress offered a complimentary order of hush puppies "to munch on" for the wait. This is the first restaurant we have ever eaten in that the hush puppies were considered a side. The food, while not terrible, was just fair and we felt over priced. We each ordered cole slaw as one of our sides. What there was of it (maybe a tablespoon and a half) was, like the rest of the food, just fair. My husband has had scallops at two other restaurants since we have been here and at both of those he was served about twice as many (he got 5 here) for about the same price. With all the restaurant options in this and surrounding towns, we won't be returning to this one in the 10 days remaining in our stay.

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Mr Fish is the dish!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

As a local from a little further South down the coast where our restaurants are superb, I wanted a seafood, casual resturant on our way to a Myrtle Beach event. They were just in the process of getting ready to move to a new location, but you would never know it. Staff were very friendly and service great. Our dinners were wonderful and it was nice to chat with the owner during our dinner. The fish was very fresh and so lightly fried! Locals and tourists alike must eat at Mr Fish.