“Nice place in the midst of tourist glitz.”
Review of Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish
Ranked #56 of 913 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came to Myrtle Beach for a long New Years Eve getaway. We quickly found several places recommended closed for season and the rest to be tourists glitz, which does not appeal to us. Wanting sushi we found Mr. Fish. The location is older however the service was tops! We were ordering take out. I was asking about specific condiments and sushi. The manager heard me and took me directly to the sushi chef. They prepared all the exact way I requested, no issues. The manager even recommended a couple of things. I really appreciate that level of service. The food was good and a good value for your money. As stated the location is older but that adds to the charm of this gem amongst the glitz. I recommend Mr. Fish to everyone. Oh and it's not just sushi.

2  Thank gabahatcher
Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The food was wonderful and flavorful. The atmosphere was ok...little small and chilly inside. We were told a 30 minute wait and got seated in 5. Portion sizes are huge for the very reasonably priced menu.

2  Thank amytilley
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I just got back from dinner at Mr Fish, chose it bc it was recommended by friends and because of great reviews on this site. We found the flounder to be very small and bland, scallops were tiny and tasteless. What was delicious were the fried oysters, and the hush puppies were tasty. Probably wont go back, there are better fish places in MB!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

In the land of fried seafood buffets and fast food chains known as Myrtle Beach, this is the best seafood north of Murrell's Inlet. Everything on the menu is great and well priced. I love the shrimp tacos, we also like the fried green tomato tower, she crab soup, etc...they have the best prices on crabs in town and the staff is great. Like most reviewers said, it does get crowded at prime time so I recommend going at an off time to really enjoy the place and get their best service. We love them so much we asked them to cater our wedding. They were wonderful to work with. We received so many complements on our food, 125 people can't all be wrong....!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is now my favorite restaurant at Myrtle Beach. The sushi is fantastic...very fresh and flavorful (we got the Firecracker roll...highly recommend). Also had the soft shell crab sandwich...this thing was LOADED with 3 full fried soft shell crabs! And the shrimp and grits was fantastic! The space is small, but WELL WORTH it. The price is almost to cheap to believe. We will definitely go back every visit to the beach.

1  Thank amanda s