“Good food, bad white sauce”
Review of Kono Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kono Japanese Steakhouse
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We had a party of eight eat here. While the food was cooked perfectly, our chef acted like he HATED being there. Their white sauce is the worst I've ever tasted at a Japanese steakhouse. It had way too much vinegar. Those two issues are a big problem for me. The eb specials are awesome and a great deal. They do automatically add the 18% gratuity to EVERY bill from what I saw but I would have tipped that anyway even though the chef was quiet and just going through the motions. Bottom line for me is that I would only recommend this place if you don't care about the white sauce. I love it and probably won't return unless they change that.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Connected to two steakhouses that serve better kids menus and we were able to order from them for our 1.5 year old.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food wasnt so great!The service was fair&wasnt impressed at all!!! We got seated right away, and when we gave our orders for drinks and appetizers&everything went dwnhill!!dressing on salads were wrong!!At the table next to us, they gave some1 their drink,THEN took the drink back to card the lady.&then they spilled something dwn the ladies daughters back.then the grill stopped working!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!Then when the bills FINALLY came they were all wrng!took 5 tries to get it right.it was the waitresses 2nd day&she asked for help&NOBODY helped her!!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Took mom here for Motherys Day. Pleasantly surprised. Good food, reasonable prices, excellent service.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We would give this place another try on the Hibachi side, but as for general dining, we were less than pleased. Food was overcooked and not prepared like we had asked for it to be and waitress couldn't have cared less. Waste of money :(