“Closer To The Beach”

Ranked #172 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Closer To The Beach”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I recently moved from the Value Place in Carolina Forrest and have to say Hersch, Carla, Chuck at the front desk as well as the maintenance man and the cleaning lady were OUTSTANDING. I was on my way from CT to Fl and decided to stop in Myrtle Beach. I am still here after 18 months and have migrated one block from the beach to another Motel. There is a cleaning lady here who reminds me of them. She should be the manager. This women has a heart of gold and actual cares about the guests. Myrtle Beach looks to be growing with many hotels in the area taking on major reconstruction. The room I have is PERFECT for what I am doing as I play a charcter Motel Mel. There are two rooms in the building I am in with the cleaning storage room between me and the other guests. This gives me the perfect opportunity to write and play music without disturbing other guests. I just moved in so I hope to write another review once I feel out the area. It has been seven years since I moved from Fl and I would love to stay here so that I can get back into the ocean which is so beautiful here. If you ever think about a random vacation Myrtle Beach is truely a one of a kind place.

Room Tip: I have not been here long enough to comment on choosing rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank MotelMel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2014

we were in town on vacation and we wanted somewhere where we could be close to everything. the place was clean the people who work there was really nice and did anything we need from them it was not expensive and we really got to enjoy ourselves so i would recommend this hotel i had no bugs and slept great it was peaceful

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tootie c
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I most recently enjoyed Valentine's Day weekend at the motel, and had a wonderful time. We had an immaculately clean room with a king size bed and a kitchenette. The prices are very affordable, and we could walk to everything along Ocean Boulevard and the Boardwalk. All of the staff was very courteous, and we had such a wonderful time that we have made reservations for Bike Week in May. The Aquarius is a great place to stay.
Susan Terzinski

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan T
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I had a pretty good idea what we were going to getting into when we booked this. The outside of the hotel is dirty, but the rooms are cheap. We were just looking for a room for 1 night to stay close to the action on the boardwalk in MB. The rate was acceptable for a requested queen bed ($54 + tax.) Got to the room, and it was 2 double beds instead. Whatever....we didn't argue. We just needed a place to crash for the night. FYI, no shampoo, no phone, loud A/C, no wi-fi, no breakfast, and pretty dingy room/bathroom. The worst part was the next day - went to return my key, and the owner/manager did not even acknowledge our stay - he was talking on the phone, and when I arrived to give back the key, he just took it from me, never said "thank you" or "F-U" or anything. It was like, "Ok, we're done with you - leave!"

Whatever, it was one night and had a bed/shower.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Slick W
Landlubber LLC A, Owner at Aquarius Motels, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We apologize the quality wasn't met to your standard and it has been brought to our attention and we are doing everything possible to work on the complaints as received. We also have all new staffing this summer in all departments and have been working on upgrades.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is dirty. The rooms smell and the plumbing in almost every room is stopped up. There are roaches and bed bugs and I had to make a big deal about getting them to switch my room. I paid $100 dollar deposit and get it back unless I stay for 3 weeks in this hell hole. They won't give any info on the owner and threatened to kick me and my baby out if I had any more complaints. I will never stay here again and advise any one else against it. I wish I would have read reviews before I checked in. Not to mention there are no phones in any rooms.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank kaylamay1
Mesa
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went after my son graduated from Basic Training in the Army. Never been to Myrtle Beach before and we didn't plan ahead. So I went in and asked how much it was and the gal said 79.99 so I told her I would think about it because I had seen a place for 50.00. She said she could not do 50 but could do 60 so I said OK and wanted to stay 2 nights. Thank God I didn't. The reason we didn't is because she said it would be 250 if I wanted to stay the next night because it was the weekend. So I said that's OK we'll just stay the one night and figure it out. So the room....VERY outdated and gross. I refused to even take a shower there. They had a little kichenette and refrigerator and the TV was also antiquated but they did have cable of some sort. Beds were OLD dirty mattresses which I refused to sleep under the covers! Yuck! and the floor in the bathroom was also gross. They were putting some kind of new fencing around the pool area and it's right by the boardwalk so alot of activity. I went to ask where a convenience store was and ended up standing outside talking to a VERY nice lady Sandy that worked there. Poor gal. We were chatting and she was filling me in about the area and all of a sudden here comes her boss yelling HEY! Get in here I need to talk to you a minute!!! So they go in the office but of course he is yelling so I can hear everything he is saying and He is yelling I DON'T PAY YOU TO F'N STAND AROUND AND TALK TO PEOPLE BLAH BLAH BLAH! It freaked me out, I was like WHOA I'm out of here. I mean I am a tenant there! She was giving me information and even IF he thought she was standing around not doing her job he could have discreetly asked her to come inside OUT of my earshot! OH and we had to pay a CASH 10 dollar key deposit for ONE key and had to show our receipt to get the 10 bucks back. Not a huge deal really but the kicker was the next morning we were supposed to be out by 11am. So at 9:30 am BAM BAM BAM on the door! I was like Wha?? So I answer it and I kid you not there is a toothless woman at my door with dirty towels in her hand asking if I wanted service! SERIOUSLY? We WERE sleeping or at least my son was until that rude awakening. So then after having to wait for about 20 minutes to get checked out I was loading stuff in the car and a couple walked by and they kept saying BED BUGS BED BUGS BED BUGS to me, and I said well it's OK cuz we're checking out. Next time I WILL do my homework. I don't mind staying in a low budget hotel, but I still want it to be CLEAN and I don't want to be woken up if I'm checking out that morning and I would never stay somewhere where the owner is a total jerk like that guy. I didn't complain to him because he could care less. He owns 4 motels down there and people keep coming and staying so be warned and stay if you dare!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle M
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is the worst experience of my life. Yes it is close to the night life but the night clerk was drunk or high. We were charged a $100 deposit which we were Supposed to get back, well think again all we did was ask about our deposit and the guy said we paid to little, and we were not getting our deposit back and if we didn't like it to get out, if it wouldn't of been to late at night we would of left but the staff is RUDE and the house cleaners are a TOTAL JOKE when we arrived the floors looked like they had not been swept, toilet seat was BROKE, sink was falling off the wall, the beds were clean and the air conditioner did work but there was other guests that DID HAVE BED BUGS the pool was green so my advise to you is pay a little more and stay some where else if we could of got OUR money back we would of and I am going to make a point to find the owner of this hotel and share my story.

• Stayed August 2013