“Favorite place in Myrtle Beach to stay”
Review of Admiral Motor Inn

Admiral Motor Inn
Ranked #41 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Favorite place in Myrtle Beach to stay”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

After reading one of the other reviews , I had to add my own .
If you are looking for a wonderful , relaxing , affordable , safe place to stay , the Admiral Inn is the place ! I have been staying there for more than 10 years and would not go anywhere else . Teresa and Joe treat everyone like family , unless you try and disrupt the place , they will NOT have it . They also have a person that patrols the parking lot during the night , big reasons I feel safe when staying there . Miss Claudia , she's a housekeeper , is the best , works extremely hard and when she is done cleaning your room you know it ! The new boardwalk added by the city just enhances the ocean view now , you can walk anywhere with ease . Second Ave. Pier , amusement part , or the main "strip" of Myrtle . I have stayed bigger resorts and they are not nearly as nice , sure you might have a breakfast included , but they won't be as clean , safe and definitely not neart as friendly as Joe and Teresa . The Admiral Inn is my favorite place to stay ! Sally

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

As always we had a wonderful time staying at the Admiral Inn. It's like home away from home for us. Teresa and Joe are like family and they make you feel like family. They go above and beyond to make your stay with them perfect. If you have a problem they fix it ASAP. We traveled with 3 children under 6 years old,and our stay was great. It is a great family motel to stay at. It is an older property but you couldnt ask for it to be any cleaner. the rooms always smell clean,the beds sleep well,and it is just an all around great place to stay for the money. If you are looking for an all frills motel,then this isnt the place to stay,but if you are looking for a clean, family place to stay then choose the Admiral Inn. We have stayed with Teresa and Joe for years,and would never stay anywhere else. Our children love Teresa and Joe's dog "Jack ". They always look forward to seeing them all each time we go to the beach. Thanks for a great stay guys,and we will see you in October.
Donna Gravens
Richfield, NC

1 Thank DGravens
eastky
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The place was OK! Stay again? No.. Saved Money? Yes
Rooms Nice? Very outdated, and beds were rock hard, pillows were flat.. Housekeeping? Great at what they do, for what they have to work with .. They do their job!
Bathroom? Very tiny, the floors always looked an felt nasty even if they were shining.. Just old!! We enjoyed our balcony room but our towels were stolen our 1st night!!!!! The pool was easy access and refreshing.. Very old lawn chairs to lay in.. Alot were recycled from larger hotels and had big cracks in about everyone... Parking was terrible!!!!!! For the size of the motel and rooms it should have parking spaces for each guest in the same lot... Instead one or two streets away.. The property stayed drenched from massive water hose usage... They spray it down every five minutes from dusk til dark.. The office stays locked up and have to hunt them down if you need something.. Overall clean place.. But if you truly come to the beach from a long drive I regret not putting that saved money to a nicer resort!!! Definitely a let down from our regular stays at the Caribbean Resort & Villas...

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank eastkentuckycat
Rougemont, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed the the admiral motor inn Sun july 25th and checked out friday morning july 30th. What a wonderful stay we had at admiral motor inn. We decided to go around and price check hotels when we came down instead of having a reservation like normal. When I went into the admiral motor inn.. I was greeted by Teresa and Joe. They were extremely nice and personable.. and offered to show me a room they had available. I was very impressed when I went in.. it smelled clean.. it WAS clean.. it shows it was well cleaned and kept up. We went around and priced a few more hotels.. but ended up coming back to admiral. I'm so glad we did! They have very reasonable pricing and great service! We moved from a pool side room to ocean front after the first night because oceanfront wasn't available until Monday. Both rooms were very nice and clean! It is an older hotel but is kept up very nicely. Both Teresa and Joe were very helpful with information when I needed to ask a question about the area and were more than willing to help. The entire week we were there, they didn't stop moving keeping the place spotless. They swept, wiped rails, picked up any trash that was around, anything you could imagine (and it shows it's well kept up!). The pool was also extremely clean. I was blown away in what good condition they kept the hotel in. Teresa and Joe even let me run back into the room after we checked out so I could warm my lunch back up. I could go on and on.. but in summary I'd just say I would recommend the admiral motor inn to anyone who is looking for a 'mom and pop run' feeling with excellent service and nice people. Thanks again to Teresa and Joe for such a wonderful stay and such a welcome feeling! I will absolutely be making reservations next year at the admiral motor inn!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarcC723
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
we just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful reviews we have recieved this year .thanks to all of you for making the admiral inn the success it is today;you all are the reason we work so hard-because we know you all appreciate the extra mile we go to keep our guests happy and satisfied. we are a very small 26 unit mom@pop hotel that we keep very clean and safe for all our guests. a mom @pop is not for every one,but if you are looking for a clean and safe place and not all the frills then that is us.thanks to all who stayed this year and we really look forward to seeing all of you again next year!!!!and again thanks for all of your support each and every year.
Rayland, OH
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Once again, our stay at the Admiral Motor Inn was a great one thanks to Teresa, Joe and the staff. My family and I have been repeat customers to this hotel and will continue to frequent the hotel. The rates can't be beat and the cleaniness of the hotel is remarkable. Teresa went above and beyond being the manager going to get donuts for our nephew. Joe never stops working and keeps that place in tiptop shape. We consider both of them our friends and can't wait to get back and visit with them next year! Keep up the good work!

1 Thank kskimble
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
thanks for your wonderful review of admiral inn.we work very hard to keep our place clean and safe we look forward to seeing you again next year.we are a very small mom and pop property that has worked hard to make the admiral inn a place you can enjoy and relax and feel at home at the same time. thanks so much for staying with us once again.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are clean and the beds are good. It has a nice pool area and the location is great...right on the beach, near an amusement area and good restaurants within walking distance. The staff does a good job keeping the facility clean and safe. I would not hesitate to return...probably will.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
columbia sc
Reviewed July 21, 2010

If you are looking for a for accommodations in downtown Myrtle Beach that combine convenience to everything, clean well maintained rooms, immediate service upon your every request, all with a price probably 30 to 50 % what you would normally pay for
this type accommodation and service. Then your search is over!
I am a retired Engineer from Columbia South Carolina My wife is nearing retirement as an elementary school teacher. I am 60 years old and I can honestly say my family has visited the Grand Strand no fewer then 200 times. I have stayed in some of the best name resorts at Myrtle Beach paying a much higher room rate. But four years ago as my wife and I decided to take a weekend get away, pot luck on where to stay I stumbled across the Admiral Inn. I have made 9 trips there since and am looking for no other accommodations. The Admiral Inn is exactly as I and many others have described it and all I can say about Joe & Teresa Duvalle is go and see for yourself weather all the wonderful things that are being said about them are true. I have meet people right at the motor inn from many locations west of the Mississippi some who I have talked to in person have posted comments on trip adviser basically everyone has told me the same story of how pleased and surprised this little corner of paradise operated by these two wonderful people is. If anyone reading this comment has anything they would like to ask concerning the sincerity of these comments fell free to contact me by email.
Ron Welsch