“The Price Is Right!!”
Review of Admiral Motor Inn

Admiral Motor Inn
Ranked #61 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My daughter and I went for a mother-daughter's weekend to Myrtle Beach and looking for a room that was cheap, as we were only staying 2 nights. Upon driving up....I thought, "what have I done?" Well, even though the place is an older property, and the decor is dated....it was VERY clean. And at check-in, they were nice enough to let us switch from a pool view room to an ocean side room - which is the way to go! The view from the room was excellent. Our room had every thing we needed....2 beds, a microwave, full refrigerator, coffee pot (which I had already read in a review to bring my own coffee,) a TV and a bathroom. What more did we need? If you're looking for fancy, smancy - with all the glitz and glam - then this isn't the place for you. But, for a couple of nights at the beach - at a price that is right - then stay at the Admiral Motor Inn. I agree with another review...the street noise is horrible. But this is NOT at the fault of Admiral Motor Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank zanne43

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I've been messing around in MB for about 3 weeks now and decided to try The Admiral Inn. This is a GREAT place where you will be made to fell welcome. Teresa was very helpful and gave me a fantastic deal on a fine room. This is not a new property, but it is very well kept. The pool doesn't open til 5/1 but he was cleaning it all 3 days I was there. There is access to an indoor pool next door which is only a few steps. The only problem I had with my stay was the noise from the street. I realize I was there during Spring Break and that the noise was from kids @3am, so it wasn't the Admiral Inn's fault. If you want a clean comfortable room near EVERYTHING MB has to offer, stay here. I will be back !!
Thanks Teresa !!

Room Tip: Stay ocean front to avoid the noise from the street. Also parking is very limited close to the build...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mbscbum
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at the Admiral Inn with my 2 boys in March 2012. The room was nice and very clean. The location was on the water with a spectacular view of the ocean and pier. I highly recommend this motor inn to everyone. Thank you for a nice visit. See you soon. Rm 210

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank blop8
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here in 2011, and plan to return this summer. The room was affordable, clean, and the owner's were friendly and helpful... This is not The Ritz ... and if that's what you want, there are many hotels that you can stay at, and spend BIG BUCKS!!! ...This place is nice, and it doesn't cost a fortune.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stingwray
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Once again Tommy,Teresa and Joe made our vacation experience wonderful.The room is always so nice.The location and the price are great.Now we have started taking our 9 year old grandson on his Spring Break.He really likes the Admrial and Teresa and Joe.See you in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: We like 2nd.floor ocean side.Great view of ocean and boardwalk.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jfuller052
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I had 3 days to kill and needed a break. After checking on TripAdvisor, I found the Admiral Motor Inn. Thinking that we would never find a place at the beach during Spring Break, I gave them a call anyway. They had an ocean-front, 3rd floor balcony room for $39 per night. WHAT?? I spent less than $140 (taxes and all) on 3 nights in an oceanfront room in Myrtle Beach. When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner and her dog, Rusty. Check-in was quick. The place is older, but seems to be well-maintained. They were painting the walkways when we arrived. Our room, 310, was on the 3rd floor. The balcony outside the front door faced the pool and the back sliding door steps out onto a nice-sized balcony with 2 plastic lawn chairs. The room has a queen bed just inside the door with a full-size refrigerator with a freezer (no ice), microwave, and coffee pot (no coffee, though). Just past that "room" is the bathroom then another "room" with a king bed, tv, table and chairs, 2 nightstands and the sliding door to the balcony. Everything is dated and somewhat worn, BUT clean and good enough for sleeping. The bathroom is older and again, worn, but fine for what it is. The toiletries are cheap (no conditioner or lotion and no hairdryer). Free internet access also was included. We bought a bag of ice from the front desk ($2.00) and put it in the freezer. The hotel also has a deal with the neighboring hotel for guests to use their jacuzzi and indoor swimming pool (although we didn't check it out). Everything you could want is within walking distance. We felt safe and really enjoyed staring out the door to the beach and ocean. The balcony overlooks the newer boardwalk and has a view of 2nd Avenue Pier where there is a restaurant on the 2nd floor and a bar/restaurant on the 3rd floor. We strolled to the 3rd floor Pier View Open Air Bar for breakfast one morning, then tried the 2nd floor Pier House restaurant for breakfast the next morning (I will post reviews of both these places next). Great food, awesome views, and excellent prices, so we will probably go back there tomorrow morning, as well! All in all, you cannot best this little place for price, view, accessibility to attractions and cleanliness. Oh, and although the bed and linens were worn, the bed was SUPER comfy. You will really love this place if you don't need gold-plated fixtures, 600 thread count linens, or ritzy surroundings. Take the money that you save on a room and go have fun at Broadway at the Beach!

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor ocean-front room! Room 310 is on the corner nearest the 2nd Ave. Pier and provides t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank crimedoc
Reviewed March 21, 2012

If you want a clean and comfortable place to stay, this is it. I try to come down at least every 2 months and stay here. The management remembers me!!
Dont like to stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple