“Best place to stay for family of 3”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach
Mocksville, North Carolina
“Best place to stay for family of 3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Always our choice at Myrtle Beach! We hate big resorts with there elevators and 100 pools with screaming children. I believe we have stayed here 3 or 4 times and are going back down next week. My husband and I like room 205 the best b/c of the king size bed. But we have had one of the apartments and a oceanfront room. The apartment suite was big enough for seven people. The staff is great, they always are willing to make agreements for us for vehicles. But the best thing about this place is the short walk to the beach. The big resorts have long elevator rides, long corridors and a dangerous wet walk through the pool area to access the beach. Not at the Carnival Motor Inn. Step out of your room, walk down a short flight of steps and your right at the steps to the ocean. The draw backs are the ugly comforters that are a eye-sore and the dishes need to be replaced. Other than this, for me and my small family of three. This place is our home away from home.. Ps. Just because another place has fancier things, I am sure there are just as many germs there are in any other hotel that might not look as grand.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view of the ocean. Sideviews are sometimes better in the really hot months.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tanya C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a little outdated, but the service and cleanliness makes up for it. These are the friendliest people I have dealt with and the rooms smell and look very clean! The view of the ocean is worth a million! The pool is very nice and clean and the place is right near boardwalk and in the center of activity. Loved my stay! I am going to return and maybe stay even longer next time!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hyden, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This year made the 2nd time we have stayed there and will stay there again when we go back .I have stayed at a lot of different motels and have never met a staff so friendly and helpful as the ones at the Carnival .The room was very clean and we had maid service everyday.Jimmy at the front desk was just the sweetest thing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Purlear, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

We LOVED hotel! close to all attractions, VERY friendly staff, clean rooms and clean pool area. We were on a budget this year and we weary at first when making reservations because of some other reviews. We were pleasantly suprised. Now this is not a fancy hotel by any means. Very basic, simple, family owned place. A fresh coat of paint on the outside who do it wonders. If you are looking for a central location, ocean front thats clean but basic...this is your place. We were also impressed with the rates considering our room had a full kitchen. Coming back in June and excited to stay a 2nd time!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jessica A
Rockingham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and i have been staying here serveral times a year few the last couple of years. There's never been a problem. The rooms have always been clean and cleaned everyday. Anything we have asked the staff have always been handled. Always friendly and most important to us is that it is Family owned and Operated, not a big chain that could care less about you. James Allen And Vonda Allen

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James A
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I woke up feeling something crawling on me and discovered it was bed bugs. The only good thing I can say is the management did refund our money.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you don't mind bed bugs feeding on you all night.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank BelieveIt_12
COLUMBUS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stay at this motel twice a year and I love the location and view. It is a simple hotel that fits my purpose and the Staff and Manager are great. You can tell by the hospitality and bond of the staff, it is family owned and run. For the value, I don't see how you could top this place. Personally, I think it's awesome. The pool is nicer and bigger than most of the bigger hotels. The ocean views off the balcony are great and it is close to everything...boardwalk...pier...Broadway at the Beach. For an oceanfront stay...great place...great value.

Room Tip: The Palms does not get very good reviews but the Palms rooms that Carnival manages, I have never had...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends