See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We LOVED hotel! close to all attractions, VERY friendly staff, clean rooms and clean pool area. We were on a budget this year and we weary at first when making reservations because of some other reviews. We were pleasantly suprised. Now this is not a fancy hotel by any means. Very basic, simple, family owned place. A fresh coat of paint on the outside who do it wonders. If you are looking for a central location, ocean front thats clean but basic...this is your place. We were also impressed with the rates considering our room had a full kitchen. Coming back in June and excited to stay a 2nd time!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and i have been staying here serveral times a year few the last couple of years. There's never been a problem. The rooms have always been clean and cleaned everyday. Anything we have asked the staff have always been handled. Always friendly and most important to us is that it is Family owned and Operated, not a big chain that could care less about you. James Allen And Vonda Allen

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James A
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I woke up feeling something crawling on me and discovered it was bed bugs. The only good thing I can say is the management did refund our money.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you don't mind bed bugs feeding on you all night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BelieveIt_12
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stay at this motel twice a year and I love the location and view. It is a simple hotel that fits my purpose and the Staff and Manager are great. You can tell by the hospitality and bond of the staff, it is family owned and run. For the value, I don't see how you could top this place. Personally, I think it's awesome. The pool is nicer and bigger than most of the bigger hotels. The ocean views off the balcony are great and it is close to everything...boardwalk...pier...Broadway at the Beach. For an oceanfront stay...great place...great value.

Room Tip: The Palms does not get very good reviews but the Palms rooms that Carnival manages, I have never had a problem with.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kdever44
Reviewed May 17, 2011

The other reviewers said almost everything I was going to say BUT I get to add that they have a HEATED POOL! I like to stay in the so-called off months so that goes a long way. The rooms are bright and clean. Plenty of dishes, cooking utensils and pots and pans The staff is quiet and friendly. The manager, Ferrell, keeps rowdy guests in hand so everyone can sleep. The location is on the quieter side of Myrtle but a short walk from restaurants. The trolley takes you anywhere you want to go. Me likey!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo