See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I woke up feeling something crawling on me and discovered it was bed bugs. The only good thing I can say is the management did refund our money.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you don't mind bed bugs feeding on you all night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BelieveIt_12
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stay at this motel twice a year and I love the location and view. It is a simple hotel that fits my purpose and the Staff and Manager are great. You can tell by the hospitality and bond of the staff, it is family owned and run. For the value, I don't see how you could top this place. Personally, I think it's awesome. The pool is nicer and bigger than most of the bigger hotels. The ocean views off the balcony are great and it is close to everything...boardwalk...pier...Broadway at the Beach. For an oceanfront stay...great place...great value.

Room Tip: The Palms does not get very good reviews but the Palms rooms that Carnival manages, I have never had a problem with.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kdever44
Reviewed May 17, 2011

The other reviewers said almost everything I was going to say BUT I get to add that they have a HEATED POOL! I like to stay in the so-called off months so that goes a long way. The rooms are bright and clean. Plenty of dishes, cooking utensils and pots and pans The staff is quiet and friendly. The manager, Ferrell, keeps rowdy guests in hand so everyone can sleep. The location is on the quieter side of Myrtle but a short walk from restaurants. The trolley takes you anywhere you want to go. Me likey!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MadMagnolia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Carnival Motor Inn for a few nights in August (2010). Upon checking in the staff was very friendly (and continued to be throughout the week). The only complaint I had about staffing was a few times before we left I'd call and get no answer. The room was great! We had a full kitchen and an AMAZING view (ocean front). The room was very clean upon arrival - especially the kitchen. One complaint I had about our restroom was there were a few stray hairs on the floor/in the tub (but nothing major to complain about). As a note - there was no hair dryer. Still after leaving I can't get over the amazing view for the price! I would definitely consider staying again! If you're interested in using the pool the morning/lunch time is better because in the late afternoon the pool becomes shaded by the surrounding hotels. Overall, I would say the amazing view for the price really made the stay worth it! I had only minor complaints; the hotel could use a new coat of paint. Otherwise the stay was amazing! For my first time traveling to Myrtle Beach I was very happy with my hotel choice! And so was my boyfriend! We both are looking forward to another trip here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JandB37
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is a great hotel. The staff and owners are wonderful to deal with. The price is unbelievable for the area. The rooms are oceanfront and very clean. We love it and will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family