See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Carnival Motor Inn for a few nights in August (2010). Upon checking in the staff was very friendly (and continued to be throughout the week). The only complaint I had about staffing was a few times before we left I'd call and get no answer. The room was great! We had a full kitchen and an AMAZING view (ocean front). The room was very clean upon arrival - especially the kitchen. One complaint I had about our restroom was there were a few stray hairs on the floor/in the tub (but nothing major to complain about). As a note - there was no hair dryer. Still after leaving I can't get over the amazing view for the price! I would definitely consider staying again! If you're interested in using the pool the morning/lunch time is better because in the late afternoon the pool becomes shaded by the surrounding hotels. Overall, I would say the amazing view for the price really made the stay worth it! I had only minor complaints; the hotel could use a new coat of paint. Otherwise the stay was amazing! For my first time traveling to Myrtle Beach I was very happy with my hotel choice! And so was my boyfriend! We both are looking forward to another trip here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JandB37
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is a great hotel. The staff and owners are wonderful to deal with. The price is unbelievable for the area. The rooms are oceanfront and very clean. We love it and will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Luckygirl4x4
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We were one of the five that stayed on june 25th, its very nasty & runned down. And for the house keeping we did tell them to come back, in one hour. it was early and we were still sleeping, And we waited and never saw them. The "palemetto bug" is actually a form of a cockroach we looked it up. The carpet and walls were disgusting, needs new paint & carpeting. Very little parking space, you had to get back early to make sure you would have a place to even put your car. I'll add the picture of the cockroach we had found on the wall. We didn't get any sleep that night becuase we were scared there was many more. We had to leave the next morning very early for the 16 hour drive home. The bathroom was nasty and the shower curtain was ripped.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Hibdon546
carnivalinn, Owner at Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

We are certainly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our property has been owned and operated by the same family since it was built 35 years ago. It is an older property and does not have the glitz and glam that many of the newer properties do; however, we do take pride in our rooms and try our best to make renovations and improvements as necessary to keep them in the best shape possible. Our housekeepers are encouraged to go the extra mile for our guests' satisfaction, and cleanliness is very rarely a complaint. As for the parking, we allow one space per unit. We have resident managers on duty 24 hours a day that are happy to assist any guest that has trouble finding a spot.
It is hard for us to make guests happy when they do not let us know that there is a problem until they are home and report it on this website,
Thank you for your feedback and we hope that your next vacation will be a happier one.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

Recently, while visiting Myrtle Beach for the first time with friends we had encountered a double booking at a national chain hotel. Not knowing much about Myrtle Beach we asked the front desk personel for information. They were not only quite rude (because we decided not to stay there at the new weekend rate), but unhelpful. As we were about to leave we decided to check other hotels in that area. The young lady at the front desk of the Carnival was "Great" in so many ways, she told us not worry and she made us feel very comfortable. The rooms were very neat & clean, the price was excellent for an oceanfront room and the entire staff were very friendly. I will most definitely stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank ninajabba2
carnivalinn, Owner at Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

We are so glad that we could help make your trip to the beach a little more enjoyable! Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Location was perfect, the beach outside the hotel was much less crowded than by the larger hotels. Staff was friendly and accommodating. 8 minute or so walk from the main Boardwalk (not so bad when the company is good, but might not be so if you have small children with you ), several restaurants, mini-marts, shops, and bars along the way. Internet was slow when we tried to use the wireless. Excellent price if you don't need the frills because you aren't staying in the room! See you next summer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple