“So Good!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

El Patio always has the best Mexican food on the beach. Their food is authentic and always fresh tasting. The menu has a wide variety to accommodate all palates. They always cater to your needs and the staff is super friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank raywong1103

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I have been going here for many years and the food has always been delicious. Since our appetites aren't as big as they used to me, my husband orders the a la carte chile relleno , which is huge, and I order the Alhambra lunch. We share this and still can't usually eat all of it.

1  Thank Janet G
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ended up here by default really. Nothing else looked possible, so we decided to give it a try. The inside is a bit "shabby", as it could use some fresh paint and a little decorative facelift. The server was very nice, almost a bit too nice. I think he asked us if we were doing OK at least 12 times, which is not horrible at all, just a bit out of the ordinary. The chips and salsa at the beginning of the meal was very good with nice Cilantro in the salsa. We each ordered something a little different so I believe we had a sample of the food there and we were all satisfied from the chalupa to the fajitas... My dessert was very good too. I had the mexican pastry. I will visit again when we're in the area.

1  Thank Qsmuse
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I don’t know how many people drive by this place and not realize they are passing a truly great Mexican restaurant. From the moment you walk in you know you’re not in some American franchise of Mexican food. They have a lunch menu and a dinner menu. The food comes out tasting very fresh and there is enough to fill up most customers. The service is good but sometime you may feel there is a bit of a language barrier but our food always comes out as ordered. Look for it on the right of 501 heading toward Myrtle Beach, just passed Coastal Carolina after Conway.

1  Thank topreviewer2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love and hug Tripadvisor. I use it whenever I travel. We hit most of the top 10 restaurants on the Myrtle Beach list and all of the food was good. El Patio is not on their "top 10" because it is a little out of the way, but. . . we ate there 4 times (that should be enough, but I'll explain more).

I live in Utah. We have excellent mexican food here, however El Patio is my new favorite mexican food restaurant. Honestly, you have to try it. It's that good.

El Patio is near Coastal Carolina University. Mapquest it and you won't miss it. It's right on the 501.

1  Thank Dan C