“Walked in on me naked!”

Ranked #163 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Walked in on me naked!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Rooms are filthy. The bathroom window was broken and they "fixed" it with scotch tape. None of the drains worked. You had to hold the flush on the toilet for it to work. They also provide dirty dishes, as well as leftover food stuff from the last peope in the room! Then on my second night, I had just gotten out of the shower when one of the front desk personel tried walking straight into my room. He asked if my boyfriend and I were occupying the room, then said that his computer said that it was vacant. He then had the audacity to call the room, and demand my boyfriend go to the office his ID. Completely ridiculous. This place isn't worth $20 a night let alone $90!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Traveler1387

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed March 14, 2011

this is a great place to stay owners are wonderful people they are working hard everyday to improve the motel it is clean good size rooms and great pools to enjoy to sum it up its worth staying at this motel

• Stayed January 2011
4 Thank stanchic
Tennessee
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We got into town with no reservations. We found the El Dorado and it still had a vacancy so I went in to check on a room. There was a convention in town and it was the last week of summer vacation so the entire town was booked up. The owner was working the front desk and he was so very pleasant to speak with. The room was outrageous in price but we had no choice, the owner gave me a slight discount because I had drove for about 9 hours at that point and I was tired, hungry and my sugar was low. The room was in very bad shape. The carpet didnt meet the walls, the bathroom light switch was outside of the bathroom and located behind the door which made it very inconvenient when I had a seizure later that night and needed the bathroom light, the only air conditioning was a window unit that didnt keep it cool enough for me, the cabinets were very dirty and there was only warm water in the kitchen sink. I never seen a bug...that was a huge plus!!! The bed was ok but had a piece of ply board under the mattress. The other guests were very rowdy with drinking and fighting all night. I cant say I would go back there unless I absolutely had to, but I do not regret staying there because of the owner. Yes, hes the owner, he told me he bought it 2 years ago. He also didnt try every tactic to sell the room to me like many people would have. He even told me that I could go back down to Georgetown and get a much cheaper room. By talking to the owner for about 10 minutes is what made me decide to boot the 135 bucks and stay there. He had told me that he had 2 rooms when I got there and he didnt lie. We took one room and by the time we got things in our room and headed to the beach....he had rented the other room and had the no-vacancy sign on. We would love to deal with that owner but in a very different and much better hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple