“Can't wait to do it again”

Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We do trail rides that are about 90 minutes and they are mostly shaded in a country setting. Rides are walk/trot for those that are able to trot otherwise only walking. Pictures are taken during ride and and transferred to your phone at the of the ride. All rides are done by reservations. We also offer Gift Certificates. Ride times: 10:00, 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00 (depending on bookings) Mon - Sat (we do not ride on Sundays). Reservations are 7 days a week 8am to 8pm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My boyfriend arranged a ride for me for my birthday. It rained on the day we were scheduled to ride and the company called us with enough time in the morning to change our plans. They made re-scheduling very easy and we went on the morning ride a few days later. Our experience was great! All of the horses were sweet, the tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable. We can't wait to come down next year and do it again!!!

Horseback Ridin... M, Owner at Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

It was nice riding with you both, and hope to see ya'll again next year. You know riding with people makes them almost like family, not to scare you lol. That boyfriend is a keeper as you well know. Take Care

All reviews
in 29 reviews
"pics"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This trip was absolutely the perfect thing to do with a family and kids. Yes it was 45 minutes from MB, and yes it was in the middle of nowhere, but WORTH IT!!

I'm an experienced horse person and you could instantly tell that the horses were well cared for and definitely well fed. The rest of my family is NOT experienced with horses at all. We rode with 2 adults, a 2 year old on a shared saddle, and a 7 year old on a buddy seat. My 10 year old rode solo on Cocoa who was a perfect fit for her and amazingly behaved. I rode a Tenn Walker who was just perfect and had an adorable personality. All the horses were wonderful. Well, other than Moby who stopped to snack on a leafy/grassy buffet every so often lol.....The horses were so well behaved and so well mannered it made a wonderful experience for 3 little girls.

The guides were just as wonderful. They took pictures of us which they gave us on a CD at the end of the ride and gave the kids apples to feed the horses at the end of the ride. More than being just guides, you got the feeling that they truly loved what they did and would do it for free. They had a true love for the animals and it showed in the way the horses behaved.

My 7 year old who little girl is completely afraid of animals, was able to feed apples to one of the horses by the end of the ride. She also walked up behind, yes behind, Cocoa and rubbed her butt and back legs! The horse didn't kick or even seem phased just looked back and shrugged it off.... Absolutely amazing!!

This is NOT the ride for an experienced rider who wants a challenging ride and aggressive maneuvers with a horse than can perform dressage or jumps, although they might offer that. This is a ride for inexperienced riders who want to experience the joy of horseback riding without the fear of being thrown, kicked, or bitten. I certainly look forward to coming back again with the kids for a beach ride which I'm sure will be a blast!!!

Horseback Ridin... M, Owner at Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Many thanks for the review. I guess your screen name says it all with you "TheBestDaddy", and I think it shows. Your daughters will have many many great memories with Ya'll. And you are spot on with the review, we do try to take the best care of our horses in hopes they will return the favor to our costomers. Take Care and Hope To See Ya'll Again

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Booked a 90 minute, and i hated every minute of it. I was told by the staff that if I was afraid of horses (im terrified of horses) that it was okay, and that the horses would take better care of me, cause they could sense i was afraid. NOT TRUE. the horse that i was put on would not listen to me at all, and towards the end of the ride tried to throw me off of it and i was terrified. As i was getting off of the horse and preparing to walk back to my car, the staff began losing control of the horses and began yelling at me to get off of mine. Most of the girls had a good time, but some complained that they were afraid, as a couple of the horses were biting each others' rear ends and not listening.

Also, I was told on the phone that the trail was not far from myrtle beach, but in reality its about an hour away depending on traffic.

Long story short, if you have no experience with horses and want a fun gentle ride, go in a small group and choose another company.

8  Thank jackieyoung
Horseback Ridin... M, Owner at Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

This girl is one of 8 that came out to ride as a group. Horse never bucked and she did want off 1/2 way through the ride because she was to nervous to pull the horses head up from grazing. The other girls had a great ride and didn't know why she even came with them, because she is terrified of horses. This reviewer did 5 reviews and no review has more than 3 stars, most are 1 an 2. I would hate to know that I was here for my best friends bachelerette party and I stayed unhappy the whole trip it seems. Couldn't she at least try and be happy for her friend, Good God. This horse Cocoa has been doing this for 8 years, and hasn't bucked yet, lol. An 82 year old lady just had her first horse ride on her today, and wanted to take her home with her. Cocoa completed her bucket list and she is very grateful. FABULOUS

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My boyfriend James and I today went horseback riding here for the first time. I was nervous and unsure of what to expect. The owners were very considerate and helped me feel more at ease. The trail ride was beautiful with my horse Jake. Water and bug spray was provided if needed for the ride. Thanks again!

Horseback Ridin... M, Owner at Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thanks for the review, it was a great time. Love riding with nice people like yourselves, you make a sweet couple. You did what you should when you you ride, and thats trust the horse because they know and want to take care of you. Such loving animals when loving people ride them, horses pick right up on people. Shows you two are in a good place in your life, wish everyone was. See you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.