New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #147 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
“Not Worth the Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Heron Pointe (Unit C02) was the worst vacation location I every took my family. This unit had a bug problem -- roaches and silver fish, to be exact. I requested a refund after our first night there, and the refund was refused. I was, however, offered the opportunity to move to another unit. A maintenance man took me to two other units to look at, and the first one he took me to had a huge roach in the doorway just was we walked in. The second unit appeared to be okay, so I packed up my whole family and moved to that unit. After a few hours in the new unit, I began to see roaches again!!! I contacted the management company again (Grand Strand Vacation Rentals), and they informed me that they would not refund my money even though I had gone through proper procedures to resolve the problem. I explained to them that I was uncomfortable keeping my young children in such an unclean unit and one with roaches. Finally, I moved my family to an entirely different location despite their refusal to refund my money. The only positive thing that I can say is that the management company did refund me for two days of my reservation. I will never return to this management company or this location again.

Room Tip: Do not rent Unit C01 or A02!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you want clean, this is not the room for you. Unfortunately, everything was booked during the 4th of July week and for the number of people (6 total) in our party, this unit was the best price. Read past reviews about unit C02 about roaches and cleanliness, but wanted to remain skeptic, but every night we spent there they would crawl out onto the counters. Not to mention the silver fish and urine on the bathroom floors upon arrival.

This is a vacation rental on the ground floor which makes it convenient for a family with small children and easily accessible, but will heed the warnings next time about this type of rental. Overall, the location is close to beach (within a 5 minute walk, plus or minus 4) but the beds, sofas and chair are old and filthy. Bring a lot of cleaner if staying this unit. Fortunately, unit has a very nice laundry machine and we washed clothes, towels and sheets every day, but would recommend owner invest in some updated mattresses (at least) if they are going to continue to rent their unit.

Room Tip: Try to read or find consumer reviews of the rental before renting and make your own decision.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveleye_74
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Totally enjoyed our stay at Heron Pointe. They do not permit trashy behavior and loud partying. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlie C
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Heron Pointe is in a quiet, quaint section of Myrtle Beach. The condo complex it self is older, and up-keep varies by unit. The one we stay in is under new ownership, and they are continuously making upgrades. The beach is only a long block away. There is an outdoor and indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna. This condo complex is within walking distance to Finn McCool's (restaurant and pub), The River City Cafe (Great burgers), the Apache Pier (fantastic fishing) , and Ocean Annie's Beach Bar (cold beverages). I would recommend having/ renting a car to get around. There are plenty of activities (and shopping) a short drive away!

This is a very family friendly atmosphere, and in the evenings there are always fireworks to watch at the beach (even if they are being set off illegally). **It is not like a resort where they would offer on-site bar service and restaurants- it is up to you to go out and explore :-)

Room Tip: Each individual owner is in charge of the interior up-keep to their unit- Make you you do your resea...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

we stayed here the first week in August, too bad for us we were on the first floor condo and the party (every night) was on the second floor, the walls are very poorly soundproofed, 10 to 15 people every night from 2am to 5 am, called the owner and management company and all they would say is call police, great suggestion for your out of town vacationers, spend vacation filing police reports.
Good thing we could catch some winks at the beach in the day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteelerNation43

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Nice location very spacious condo. Kids loved the balcony area. The owner could stand to do some upgrades. Stove was not cleaned and did not work properly. Carpet was very stained Bathroom smelled like urine. We had to remove the shower curtain wash it and clean the bathroom before letting our kids use it. Sliding glass doors were very dirty along with the floor of balcony full of sand. I also found a big amount hair stuck to the wall of the master bathroom. The owners should probably change cleaning services. The pools were very nice and the grounds were very maintained. We would love to stay at Heron Pointe again just not this unit.

3 Thank SoccerMom95