“Ask is there a holding charge per night”

Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall
Ranked #3 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Hilton Garden located at Coastal Grand Mall Myrtle Beach did not advise that there would be a $25 per night hold charge. This was disappointing for me. When I take vacations I plan my hotel, eating and entertainment funds separate. This was a hold on my card had I not had extra money would have been really bad and I had drove so many miles.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros- great location near the mall, loads of stores and in the middle of everything, rooms were clean, gym was clean, pools was great and the price i paid Cons- Hotel staff screwed up the checkin process and ruined two days of my stay and took longer than expected to fix the problem upon check out. Summary- Great physical location, just double check everything when your checking in and checking out to make sure you were billed correctly. I like the location but next time I stay I will stay a little closer to the beach next time. Great weather and nice people down there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMB1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Brandin, thank you for the nice comments about the quality of the hotel, we do appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately when you changed your method of payment it is at your banks discretion as to when they release any funds that are being held. We do feel bad that by changing your credit card you created a situation where both cards had authorizations pending and your bank would not relase the funds back to you in a more timely manner due to the holiday.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've stayed at really high-end hotels, nice hotels that had limited restaurant bar accommodations with a inexperienced/short staff, etc. This hotel had everything covered from immaculate environment, to exceptional restaurant with fantastic food and a great variety to choose from. Everyone was very nice and made my stay very special. It was my first time to Myrtle Beach and I can't wait to come back. I know I will gnaw on our company travel agent to make sure he books me here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMB1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback in regards to your recent stay with us in Myrtle Beach. Be sure on your next visit to speak with our Sales Department to make sure your company has a negotiated rate with either the Hilton Brand or the property itself to insure you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Pleasant atmosphere, very friendly staff, and good location! Rooms are a bit pricey, however they are very spacious. Lots to do in the local area to include malls, amusement parks, plenty of great dining. Family friendly, and plentiful presence of Law Enforcement.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Antoine B

Thank you for taking the time to post some postive feedback about our property. I am most proud of the kind words you had for the staff here. It is always nice to be able to share posts like this with them so they know how much their work is appreciated.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The overall experience was wonderful. The entire staff was very helpful and efficient. The appearance and facility was great. Our family very much enjoyed the stay. Not only did we use the pool area, but also the outdoor patio area. They both were always clean and welcoming. The rooms were spacious enough, with everything we needed or would want. I especially appreciated having the internet use available in my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

my fiancé and I enjoyed staying at the Hilton while on our trip to Myrtle Beach. It turned out to be a wonderful birthday trip for the both of us and I would recommend the Hilton to anyone because if he approved of it then it must of been a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I would definitely recommend anyone to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was excellent, the staff wonderful and we had a wonderful stay. And are looking forward to staying at another Hilton Garden Inn in our visit to another state.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple