“Nice Hotel, Convenient to attractions”

Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall
Ranked #3 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family of 3 stayed her on August 4, 2012. It was a one night stop over on our way to Charleston. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and allowed an early check in. The room was clean and comfortable and the price was right. I would stay here again if I was only staying for a night. If you are vacationing in the area, be aware of the parking near the beach and boardwalk areas. Get there early to get the best spots. If you can get a metered spot, that would be my choice. I got 18 hours parking for $4.00.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed Friday August 17 - Sunday August 19, 2012 in a King bedroom at this hotel with my husband. Upon arrival we were really impressed at the cleanliness and attractiveness of this hotel. The staff were all very polite and had a positive & helpful attitude. Everything in Myrtle Beach was booked for this weekend so I was very pleased at the rate we got for this hotel on such a busy weekend after calling around to several hotels. Our room was on the 3rd level and while the hallway did have a very faint cigarette smoke odor, our room was very fresh, airy, and very clean. We checked out the pools (indoor, outdoor, and hot tub) and all were very clean and stocked with towels. The one thing I was surprised about was that breakfast was not included in our stay- there were two options to buy breakfast one being around $6 and the other around $10/person so we opted to skip out on breakfast and just grab something on the go. My husband and I did grab a drink at the bar and the prices were comparable to any where else you'd go to grab a drink. The second night we were there we decided to call a cab to take us down to Broadway and the front desk staff offered to call one for us and within 5 minutes one was waiting for us at the front entry. This was such a pleasant stay and as we were packing our bags to leave, both of us were talking about how this will be the place we stay when we visit Myrtle Beach again! Within walking distance of the mall, Burger King, and Sticky Fingers restaurant!

One way they can improve the first impression of this hotel is to have a designated smoking area away from the doors. Each time we left or returned to the hotel there was atleast one if not several people smoking at either the side doors or the front doors and it's not a pleasant feeling for non smokers to have to walk through people blowing smoke in their face. And since my husband is a firefighter it may also be mentioned that the maintenance men should not be smoking in the Fire Pump room even with the door propped open- not only is it a safety hazard but since the pump is facing the mall it looks very unprofessional to see workers hanging out in that room smoking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked three rooms fir my husband and I and 2 other couples for one night. Very impressed with everything. Very clean, awesome &helpful staff, greayt location to Broadway at the Beach and the mall. Not one concern or complaint.
Would definitely stay there again .

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank EveretteBeth
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Location in the middle of all the attractions of Myrtle Beach. Had a couple of problems, like a broken AC in the first room in which the hotel promptly responded and moved us into another room. On the second day, Storm knocked out direct tv service from our room, it took a while to fix,but the maintainence dept was right on it. Breakfast was ok and the eggs tasted fake. The eggs were really bad! Everyone that we encountered that works there was very polite and service oriented. The rooms and overall hotel was very clean and upscale for the price. My family had a comfortable stay and was very satisfied.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn was a conveniently located hotel near the mall, several restaurants and about 3 miles from the beach. The rooms were clean and spacious. The housekeeping staff were so helpful. The breakfast and the banquet food was really good and the catering /food staff were amazing and attentive. However, the front desk staff left alot to be desired. They seemed annoyed at the number of guests at the hotel. Whenever a question was asked it felt like there was alot of attitude. I am not generalizing as I spoke with several staff members. I really liked the hotel and would stay again.

2  Thank DCLady85
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for July 22nd to the 25th. Immediately when we checked-in, we were greeted with a beautiful lobby and gracious staff that helped direct us to the room. The hallways and lobby was clean, and our room was impeccable and large. Very clean with an LG television, with loads of channels. The only reason I gave it four is because there was a noticeable amount of hair on some of the towels, about three of them over the course of the stay. I think it must have been the maid's hair as they were cleaning unfortunately, but it wasn't a HUGE issue. Other than that, the bathroom was very clean.

The location was amazing as well! Five minutes to the beach and outlets, the mall is right across the street, with several restaurants like Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster and Sticky Fingers. The mall is amazing as well featuring every store and little attractions like bumper cars and an arcade for kids.

Overall, it was a lovely trip and the hotel was a great place to stay if you're looking for a clean place that isn't expensive or right at the beach.

Room Tip: Make sure when you reserve a room, if you want a location on a certain floor, put that in the additi...
3  Thank claujorates
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is in a FABULOUS place, within walking distance to the Broadway boardwalk with the Ripley aquarium, Hard Rock, and many more attractions! The hotel was very clean, welcoming, delicious breakfast and wonderful amenities. I would come back again!

Room Tip: Ask for the boardwalk view
2  Thank Amanda M