“Great location and nice room”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #81 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Upon arrival to this hotel I realized it was located really close to the beach and had a lot of attractions and activities to partake in nearby. Many restaurants in proximity and even a waffle house within walking distance. A.C was not working but we were switched upon request. I did find it odd that breakfast is not offered all year but that was okay for us this time. Front desk and HK staff are amazing, I would definately visit there again.

Room Tip: pick room on first floor near pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan M
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Ryan M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience at our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you, I am fortunate to have an outstanding staff that is always looking for ways to make sure our guests have a great time. We do start our continental breakfast with hot Waffles in mid-May and run it thru Labor Day. I hope to see you again when you return to Myrtle Beach.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have walked out of Red Roof Inns before, but I decided to give them a chance after reading their reviews. The staff was very friendly and eager to make sure we had a good stay. The room could have been cleaner, so my wife cleaned the bathroom and asked for some new linen. They sent a fellow up to our room with new linen within minutes. The bed was a king which I always ask for but it was some what on the soft side and left me with a back ache each morning. This motel is pet friendly and someone's dog started barking one morning. I will give it to the staff that they took care of the problem very quickly. Over all this was the best Red Roof I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clarence M
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Clarence,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I always enjoy hearing about our guests stay as it gives us feedback to help us improve. I will share your comments with my staff and we will give you an even better stay the nest time you stay with us! Thanks again for the king comments about my staff.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. Especially Emily and Lynette. We were here on business for 2 nights and they did everything to make sure our stay was perfect. Our room was very nice and clean and opened up to the heated pool. We stay in different hotels every night all across the country and this was absolutely the nicest place for the money. And hands down best staff anywhere!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lindsays17
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Lindsays 17,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I am very fortunate to have what I consider the best staff in Myrtle Beach. They are always looking for ways to make our guests stay more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

After reading a few of the earlier reviews I was sceptical . We stayed there from Thursday to Sunday and it was a very nice Hotel . They reduced the price that I received from the internet and gave us the Car show rate , which I thought was very very nice . The halls were clean and looked like a new hotel . My room was immaculate . The beds were clean and very comfortable . The maid made our beds every day and gave us clean towels. The TV worked great along with the remote . Parking was surprising easy to find spots , considering the car show and Spring break was going on . The ice machines worked great . The outside of the hotel was well kept ( no garbage hanging out ) and the trees around the property gave it a country look . The beach was a two block walk and there were tons of places to eat . The hotel was about 5 minutes from Market Commons ( you have to check that place out - really nice . I will definitely use this hotel the next time I go to Myrtle Beach .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you had a great time at the “Run to the Sun” car show. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the beach.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel in good location, seemed clean and the rooms spacious however after spending a week at the property, my husband broke out in a red bumpy rash on his forearms and wrists. After a trip to the doctor it was determined the rash was caused by bed bugs. Isolated incident, hopefully ?! This was the only hotel he stayed in, so it had to come from here. Pets are allowed, so expect some barking from 4 legged guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank outlawsbride
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for telling us about your husband’s experience at our Hotel. Red Roof Inns takes a proactive approach to ensuring our guests are not confronted with any issues. We train our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff on the signs of any pests and we have been testing a new preventative treatment for the last 5 months at this location.

Please ask your husband to contact me immediately so that we can discuss his experience. We have our third party company coming out this week for a preventative treatment and I would like to have as much information as possible to give to him.

If you are ever in our area again, we’d love to have you give us another try, I’m sure you will have a great stay with us.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Nothing Fancy here, no free breakfast, they do have coffee. Rooms are large enough, bathrooms are very small. Rooms do come with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Well worth teh price I paid for the week. The place is starting to show it's age even with ongoing repairs, painting etc. Would I stay again? It depends on teh rate and how strapped I was for funds.

I had trouble with kids running up and down the hall while I was trying to sleep(10 pm).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. We try to give our guests a good value for their money. We do provide a free continental breakfast including hot Waffles, starting the middle of May and continues thru Labor Day. If you ever have problems with other guests, don’t hesitate to call the front desk 24 hours a day so that we can resolve the problem for you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I booked this hotel on our weekend family vacation. The location was excellent. Not far from the main attractions, and a golf course was within walking distance. The room was nice and clean. The guest wasn't so friendly. They call the front desk on my kids ages 8 and 3 at 8 30 saying that they were to loud. My kids was so excited about there day they had that they were just discussing it amongst each other just being kids. But overall we had a blast.

Room Tip: If you book through priceline, you will get a great deal for this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tedwards2269
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Tedwards,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We do love to hear about our guests visit with us. We love families with children and I understand how they can be excited on their visit to the beach. I am glad to hear you had a blast even with the comment from the other guest. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Myrtle Beach.