“If you have pets, a good place in Myrtle Beach”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #83 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gaffney, South Carolina, United States
“If you have pets, a good place in Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Rooms were clean, staff was helpful. One of the few places in the area where your pet can stay with you. Price was very competitive, cheaper than most comparable places in the area. IF traveling with my pet again, I will stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve P
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing the nice review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and your pet back the next time you are in Myrtle Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Arkansas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When I told my wife we were staying here for 2 nights to finish up our vacation she had me very nervous. Nervous because we had images of the economy hotel from 20-30 years ago. I did my research as with all of our hotel/resort stays on trip advisor and felt pretty confident in my choice. I did read the last 10 or so reviews and was fully prepared to address and concerns I may have walked into. Let me admit my wife was pleasantly surprised and I felt like the smartest husband at that moment.
The exterior looked nice but the interior did look outdated. Our first room had that wet dog smell and it was my fault for not bringing that to the attention of the front desk at that very moment. We assumed the odor would dissipate after turning on the air conditioner but that didn't work. The first thing next morning I notified the front desk and Christine put us in another room. A big thanks to her for the fast resolution. I did read the hotel did accept pets but didn't think we would have a problem.
The room offered a safe, mini fridge and microwave. The bed was pretty comfortable and the bathroom was adequate.
The halls were a bit noisy at night due to the fact that is a family economy hotel.
The continental breakfast featured 3 waffle makers which was a first as the most I had ever seen were 2. They had packets of oatmeal, fruit, standard hotel pastries and a juice machine. The seating area was not large.
I made an attempt to complete the on line check in with the airline but was unsuccessful because the computer was having issues. Christine completed the process on her front desk computer and another thank you to her.
The hotel was 5 minutes from the airport which was super convenient as we rented a car. We were able to fill up the night before at the gas station 3 minutes from the hotel.
The hotel is also right next to a Waffle House if you miss breakfast and there is also a McDonalds a short walk away. Would we stay here again for a couple of nights? Absolutely

Room Tip: Check out the room first before you unpack. If not to your liking, notify the front desk immediatel...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am glad you did not disappoint your wife with your choice of hotels and that Christine was able to rectify any concerns that you had. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Myrtle Beach.
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It started out okay - a weekend trip with my husband, son, daughter-in-law, grandson and their dog. Checked out on Monday morning and inadvertently left my husband's Kindle tablet. We called as we had been on the road for an hour or so, and the front desk denied having it! The housekeeper was a slim Turkish girl with long hair who was very impatient to get into the room to clean it. The front desk stated that they would check the housekeeping carts to see "if it was left on there". Talked to the General Manager Dave Helman the next morning, who says that HE was actually in the room at the same time the housekeeper was doing "room inspection" and he could not see any Kindle tablet. Then, he said that "everyone" had checked under the fold-out bed and under the other beds and found no Kindle. It is sad.....we don't have much money and that Kindle was what I gave my husband for Christmas in 2012. He loved it so much. Truly reprehensible that people would be so dishonest.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have valuables that aren't going to carry with you EVERYWHERE!
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ramona M
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have thought long and hard about your comments both on Trip Advisor and during our phone conversation on how I could have communicated better to assure you that no Kindle was found in the room you occupied during your stay. When we received your call in the early evening after your departure, my desk clerk did ask the current guests of the room if she could check to see if the Kindle had been left in the room, they graciously agreed and a search found no Kindle. The next morning prior to my arrival you called and inquired again and I was left a note to call you. After reviewing the note and the information that was left by my staff, I realized and remarked to a staff member that I had been in that room to check for maintenance items just after the housekeeper entered the room. I found a major problem and told the housekeeper to save the room till later so that maintenance could fix the problem. During this time I checked the room to ensure no other problems were noted and did not see any signs of the Kindle nor did the maintenance person who repaired the problem. The fact that this room had an issue that needed repaired and that it is one of only six of our premium 2bed suite rooms enabled me to recall my time in the room shortly after you checked out. After talking to you the next day you indicated that it may have been left on the couch so we checked the room again looking under the sofa and in fact moved the sofa to ensure that the Kindle had not fallen into an area that would be hard to find. I do not know what more we could do or what more I can say to convince you that we did everything possible to locate you Kindle. We value all of our guests and I am saddened that you left our property with a very negative feeling towards our hotel and our staff for an issue that was beyond our control. I hope you find the Kindle and will come back to stay with on your next visit to the beach.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We paid more than usual for this stay since it was July 4th Weekend. We had stayed at a Red Roof Inn before and felt like we trusted the hotel chain. What a mistake! Here are a few highlights of our visit in this hotel....

1. Room smelled of mildew
2. We found blood stains on my son's sheets the morning after we woke up.... and it wasn't his.
3. No fan in the bathroom.
4. Housekeeping busted in on us after we told them to wait.
5. Continental breakfast consisted of chewy Belgian Waffles and day old danishes.

When we complained (mostly about the sheets), nothing was done by management to correct the problem other than they said they would "look into it". They did give us clean sheets that day but, that hardly erased the fact that there was BLOOD on our son's sheets! They acted as if this kind of thing happened all of the time. How disgusting!

Room Tip: The Crown Reef down the street looked like a much nicer place to stay and they are right on the beac...
1 Thank Teachergirl40
Dear Guest,.
I apologize for the negative experience at our property. Please contact me by phone at the property, so we can discuss this experience in more detail. I look forward to receiving your call.
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in Rm412. As soon as you open the room it has a terrible smell. Our air conditioner went out about 3am. About 7am I could hear a dog barking for at least 10 minutes. At checkout, JANET, seem to be upset when I told her about the problems. She said that I should have called and they would have moved us to another room. I am not getting a 5 year old up in the middle of the night to pack up and move to another room. I made up my mind that morning that we would check into another hotel, and that's what we did. For almost $185 a night, I don't think this place is worth it. We were told we would only be charged half of that for the bad stay. It could have been better, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Dear Guest,
I am so sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology for the problems you encountered during your stay. We truly appreciate your feedback as your comments will help us improve the experience of our guest.
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed in room 102, bottom floor. I was concerned because it was by the hallway and door. People were loud in the hall, but no noise after 10 pm. Stayed June 27th and 28th. Room was clean. I had my mini dachshund with us. Front desk, breakfast lady, and maintenance very nice. Walking distance to the beach. A mini golf next door. Will be staying again when we go to the beach. This is an economical place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Deberz
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice review. I believe we give our guests a great value…close to the beach, restaurants, mini golf and yet away from the noise on Ocean Blvd. We look forward to your next visit with us.
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Staff was all very helpful and friendly, location is close to the beach and reasonable driving distance to main attractions, no airport noise, generally clean room, and great a/c. My husband really liked the breakfast, which a heads up if you are on a gluten free diet - it's all pancakes, waffles and pastries, juice and apples. This place is south of the boardwalk - busy and not as nice as the north side but felt safe enough and was worth the money saved by staying here. Thanks Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SATSanJose_CA
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear that your husband enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in Myrtle Beach.