Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #79 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Aberdeen, North Carolina
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in Rm412. As soon as you open the room it has a terrible smell. Our air conditioner went out about 3am. About 7am I could hear a dog barking for at least 10 minutes. At checkout, JANET, seem to be upset when I told her about the problems. She said that I should have called and they would have moved us to another room. I am not getting a 5 year old up in the middle of the night to pack up and move to another room. I made up my mind that morning that we would check into another hotel, and that's what we did. For almost $185 a night, I don't think this place is worth it. We were told we would only be charged half of that for the bad stay. It could have been better, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology for the problems you encountered during your stay. We truly appreciate your feedback as your comments will help us improve the experience of our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed in room 102, bottom floor. I was concerned because it was by the hallway and door. People were loud in the hall, but no noise after 10 pm. Stayed June 27th and 28th. Room was clean. I had my mini dachshund with us. Front desk, breakfast lady, and maintenance very nice. Walking distance to the beach. A mini golf next door. Will be staying again when we go to the beach. This is an economical place to stay.

2 Thank Deberz
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice review. I believe we give our guests a great value…close to the beach, restaurants, mini golf and yet away from the noise on Ocean Blvd. We look forward to your next visit with us.
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Staff was all very helpful and friendly, location is close to the beach and reasonable driving distance to main attractions, no airport noise, generally clean room, and great a/c. My husband really liked the breakfast, which a heads up if you are on a gluten free diet - it's all pancakes, waffles and pastries, juice and apples. This place is south of the boardwalk - busy and not as nice as the north side but felt safe enough and was worth the money saved by staying here. Thanks Red Roof Inn!

1 Thank SATSanJose_CA
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear that your husband enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in Myrtle Beach.
Boone, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just recently spent 5 days here and i must say that it is in a beautiful location and looks nice on the outside. Staff was friendly and pricing was reasonable. No problems except for the cleanliness of the room and most of the housekeepers could not speak much English. We checked in at 10:30 pm and went in to find vomit under the commode lid. We immediately saw a pair of sunglasses under one of the beds and went to pick them up and underneath the bed looked like it had never been vaccumed. The refrigerator had hand prints on the outside and the freezer was not working and had water laying in it. We asked them to come back in and clean which they did, but these kind of things should have altready been cleaned.

1 Thank Tammy W
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Tammy W,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered. The issues described are not the norm for our hotel. I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in town I am confident you will be pleased with your room.
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Took the grandgirls to Myrtle Beach this week. Booked a 3 night stay through our time share, at a very good rate. All reviews were great, so felt confident all would be well.

Checkin on Monday was easy as pie! Very friendly clerk, was done in about 5 minutes flat. Room was nice, but not what I have normally found a deluxe room to be. But we had a nice view of the pool area, and a microwave and fridge, although both were older. Everything was clean and neat. In fact, the entire hotel, inside and out, is quite attractive and well maintained.

Breakfast in the a.m. was ok, but they should consider adding more choices, such as cereals, as they only had waffles, small pastries, and fruit, along with coffee, tea, and juices. The dining area was clean and well-maintained. And a plus is that coffee is always available in the lobby.

The second day we were gone till early evening. We came back to a room that had not been cleaned. We had no towels or washclothes. I called the desk, and there was no one available to clean the room. I was offered towels if I could go pick them up, which I did. The clerk was very apologetic, and said she would make sure the room was cleaned the next day.

That next day we returned to our room in the middle of the afternoon, and our arms were filled with packages and bags of lunch. We got to our room, and our keys did not work. So while the girls waited, I went to the desk, and the clerk rescanned them for me, again apologetic for my trouble. We got in our room, and it had been cleaned, but the floors were not touched. I had to call and there was someone to come vacuum, but it still was not done well.

The rest of the stay was fine. We spent alot of time at the very nice pool, and chatted with many other guests. All in all, for the price it was a good deal, we were comfortable, and the area is secure. I found out the last day that several of the housekeeping staff were out for various health reasons. This I am taking as a reason we had some issues. But none would stop me from booking there again.

Oh, and another plus is, next time I can take my dogs! Pet friendly, and I saw the evidence. Well done!

So in closing, I want to point out that sometimes we run into problems, but it is how staff responds to those problems that matters to me. I give a second chance when things don't go exactly right. Rarely have I been disappointed. I feel this Red Roof Inn is basically sound, and I enjoyed the friendly staff and their smiles!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lillian W
Dear Lillian W,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about the Red Roof Inn in Myrtle Beach. I appreciate your feedback and was happy to hear although you had some issues during your stay that my staff was able to fix them in a positive manner for you. We look forward to welcoming you and your dog back on your next stay in Myrtle Beach.
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and very helpful and the location is very convenient to both the Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach areas. It also helps that the beach is a stone's throw away. Worth the price!

Room Tip: Travel Tip: Here are the downsides to staying at this hotel: (1) The hotel has one computer which...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank marcyNewYork
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Marcy,
Thank you for writing about your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Smethport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The rooms were clean, the staff, all of them were extremely friendly. When we needed anything they were more than accomodating. We got there before Bike Week and they started the breakfast early for the bikers. Awesome! Read other reviews and figured we give it a go, glad we did! Whenever we needed directions the front desk ladies knew right where we were going. Even let us park our motorcycles under the front cover during a bad rainstorm. The hotel is located at the south end of Myrtle Beach by the airport, we never heard the planes! It was a short and peaceful walk to the beach and then a short walk to the pier. Overall we loved our stay and will definately be back next year!!

Room Tip: The closer to the desk the better for WiFi. We were in the back wing and wi-fi was spotty...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chickwdog
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our property. I believe we have one of the friendliest staffs in Myrtle Beach and was pleased to hear you thought so too. I do apologies for the problems you encountered with the WiFi during your trip…we had a node go down in the back of the building and it unfortunately took a week for the part to arrive. Thanks again for your nice comments.