“I'm Glad I Came Back”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #81 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've been staying at this location for years and Janet the desk agent always does a good job getting me situated in the right room for me.
The past couple of of years the place was getting a bit run down, but with the new renovations it's as good or better than ever.
Last time it was musty and damp, but this time the rooms are clean, fresh and dry.
The down side is the place is pet friendly, and I love dogs, but they should all be on a sound proof floor. Other than that I couldn't ask for more.
I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms open to the outside, but if you're not a smoker and/or have a sensitivity to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mitch P
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are glad you came back as well. I was glad to hear you liked the changes we made during our last renovation and look forward to your comments on Red Roof Inns next generation of renovations that is taking place across the country as we speak. Once we complete a properties renovation we then make the Hotel smoke free. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Cons: room was dirty (had not been vacuumed), bathtub wall has not been cleaned, beds are extremely low to the ground, found bug in sheets (when maintenance came to change our sheets he threw the clean sheets on the floor and proceeded to tell us that the place had been exterminated last week and that he had no idea how to make a bed, which was very obvious), toilet pipe leaked and the floor was full of water (when we called about getting it fixed no one came. we stopped at the front desk on the way out for breakfast and the lady at the front desk made a snarky comment about it probably being from us getting out of the shower. this would be impossible seeing that it was fine when we went to bed and the bathroom floor was full of water when we woke up)

Pros: cheap hotel, coffee/tea in lobby, waffle house right next door, great pancake house across the street, not a far drive from the beach

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 335 which had a view of the pool and was right next to a elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize. I understand your dissatisfaction and concern. I will be addressing the issues you brought up with my staff to ensure they do not occur again. . I hope you will give us a try the next time you are in Myrtle Beach, I am sure your next stay with us will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel! The staff are amazing super friendly! Love the location and the housekeepers r always in a good mood. Can't ask for a better place to stay. Love it!! They always keep the pool clean and the yard around the hotel is nicely kept. All the attrations r within a short drive from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review on your stay at the Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach. I am pleased to see that you had a great stay and thank you for letting others know of this. I am very fortunate to have an outstanding staff that truly cares about our guests. I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great, cheap place to stay with a dog (no extra fee!). Just want to note that the night manager is extremely friendly. I've stayed here twice, two years apart, for one night each, both late check-ins, and actually remembered him, that's how nice the night manager was. He was really great both times. Anyway, hotel is super convenient to the airport, and to the Waffle House next door.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Ben: Thank You for taking the time to write the nice review about our staff and our property. I believe I have the most hospitable staff in Myrtle Beach; they are always looking for ways to make our guests stay a great experience. We look forward to seeing you and your pet on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Travelers, be aware!!! Robin, , a housekeeper was the only person to access my room, stole valuables from my room, the police called it a cival matter! Since when is theft a cival matter??? Too bad the hotel does not pay well enough, so Robin has to steal to make a living!!!

Room Tip: Do not have Robin clean your room!!!!!! Valuables WILL disappear!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael1833
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Michael: I apologize for your experience at our inn. The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority and we take all measures possible to ensure this. Our entire team is focused on the comfort and security of our guests and we will continue to do so. Your incident was investigated both in-house and by the police and we both found no indication of theft. The half empty bottle of vodka you reported missing was found completely empty in our dumpster with the rest of the trash from your room. I have discussed with our housekeeping department the importance of not assuming that empty bottles should be thrown away unless they have been placed in the trash receptacle. Robin has been employed by us for two years and there have not been any other theft allegations. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent 5 nights here and had placed the privacy sign on the door as we didn't need housekeeping every day, but she placed a bag of clean towels outside our door every day! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was in a good location. It was good deal given the off-season room rates. Because it was the off-season, no continental breakfast was provided but there is a Waffle House right next door.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Anita: Thank You for the nice review of our property. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay with us. We do start our continental breakfast, which includes hot Waffles, in mid-May and runs thru Labor Day. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here Jan. 8-11 in a deluxe king room. The main reason I booked this hotel is because it's pet friendly and pets stay for free. It also doesn't hurt that the rooms were less than $40.00 a night. The hotel and room were very clean and smelled great, even in the elevator. The room was large and had a desk area for working. The king bed was comfortable and the TV was a large flat screen. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the beach. The staff was very friendly, from the front desk to housekeeping. We really made the right choice to stay here. We will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank You for your nice comments about the Red Roof Inn & Suites in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to welcoming you and your pet back on your next visit to the beach.