“Nice clean hotel”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #81 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent 5 nights here and had placed the privacy sign on the door as we didn't need housekeeping every day, but she placed a bag of clean towels outside our door every day! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was in a good location. It was good deal given the off-season room rates. Because it was the off-season, no continental breakfast was provided but there is a Waffle House right next door.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Anita: Thank You for the nice review of our property. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay with us. We do start our continental breakfast, which includes hot Waffles, in mid-May and runs thru Labor Day. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here Jan. 8-11 in a deluxe king room. The main reason I booked this hotel is because it's pet friendly and pets stay for free. It also doesn't hurt that the rooms were less than $40.00 a night. The hotel and room were very clean and smelled great, even in the elevator. The room was large and had a desk area for working. The king bed was comfortable and the TV was a large flat screen. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the beach. The staff was very friendly, from the front desk to housekeeping. We really made the right choice to stay here. We will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank You for your nice comments about the Red Roof Inn & Suites in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to welcoming you and your pet back on your next visit to the beach.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked a room very late at night (just needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours before hitting the road again). We were surprised to find somewhere that took dogs for free. Upon entering the building I was a little suspect (I didn't go in the lobby, just a side door to an elevator) because it looked a bit- well it didn't look all that welcoming. The room though was actually very big and the bed was comfortable. The sheets were clean but I didn't use the comforter. The carpet could have used a cleaning- but that's pretty common for most hotels. The bathroom looked like it had been remodeled and was very clean. On the way out the next morning we noticed a surprisingly nice pool and pool area (of course it's too cold for swimming now). If we go back to Myrtle Beach with our dogs we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank You for the nice review of our property. We hope you come visit us again when it is a little warmer so that you are able to enjoy our pool area. The pool opens in mid-March once the temperatures are once again in the 70’s.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stay at this property weekly for business. The rooms are clean and nice and the staff always treats me like a member of the family.Christine & Janet are great at the front desk. Rebecca is very good in Housekeeping.
Dave the GM is always helpful....so whether your staying for one night or weeks on end.....I highly reccomend "The Roof".....

Room Tip: Choose a ground fllor "poolside" these rooms open into the pool and a great place to go ou...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lavery64

Thank You for taking the time to tell about your experiences at the Red Roof Inn in Myrtle Beach. We always look forward to seeing our repeat guests. My staff and I look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

With my job I have to stay in Myrtle Beach twice a week. Over the past twelve years I've stayed in a few different motels. But the last six years I've stayed at the Red Roof. The staff is always friendly and helpful. As long as I've been there, they have become my friends. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Janet is always at the front desk ready to get me to my room, reminding me of my wakeup call. It's only a seven minute walk to the beach. It's a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone that's looking for a nice get away just off the beach.
Roger Luckey..... Kannapolis, N.C.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank You Roger for your nice comments. We look forward to seeing you every time you are in town and feel that you are part of our Red Roof Inn family.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great Staff working hard to make your stay pleasant. Any issues in room were taken care of. Well behaved pets welcome. It makes their job easier if everyone cleans up after their pets, it only takes a minute to pick up the poop and put it in trash can ! Very well priced, rooms fairly quiet and beds comfortable. More channels would be nice... Early Nov 2012. Rm 105

Room Tip: My AC unit was noisy, so used fan mode alot.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Char W
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and the kind words regarding my staff. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at this location in July in 2011 and had no problems - great price and location. A short walk to the beach and just what you would expect, comfort wise for the money you're paying - we like to travel on a budget!

Unfortunately, we didn't realize that this hotel accepted pets into its rooms when we booked online for this year. Not only did our room smell like dog pee, but the morning breakfast was just a couple dinky muffins ... oh, and the beds were hard as rocks!

The customer service was great, the coffee was also very tasty. I can't really complain too much because the room (a king bed) was only $55 a night during the week and like I said, good location. But we were also in the off-season and probably could've found a similar value that didn't smell like pee.

Room Tip: Try to ask if there are rooms that aren't used by pets!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are a pet friendly hotel; however, we try hard to ensure that guests without pets are not affected by this. We give rooms that had pets in them extra attention when they check out. I am sorry that we did not succeed in this during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. I promise we will give you an odor free room.