This was our third annual stay at the Breakers Paradise tower. We were unable to stay here in June due to lack of availability so we decided to come back to MB in August for a long weekend to get our "fix" of the Breakers. No surprises, our 15th floor Oceanfront Deluxe Suite (V) was clean and well kept and well stocked with towels and clean linens. Everything in the kitchen worked, the bathroom was clean and the murphy bed and pull-out bed were comfortable enough.
We arrived in MB right at 3:00PM on a Saturday, so no shock that finding a cart and unloading was a challenge, but we expected it given the bad timing.
The main pool area under Paradise was very crowded on Saturday when we arrived, so we just strolled down a couple of buildings and found the pool under the Palms tower was much quieter - a big advantage of the Breakers is their many pools to choose from. The next two days the crowds were noticeably smaller and we were able to enjoy the lazy river and indoor pool much more.
This trip we finally tore ourselves away from the water long enough to check out the Red Parrot Bar & Grille. It's at the bottom of the Palmetto tower overlooking the lazy river. It was good "bar food" and reasonably priced. Our bill for 5 of us plus 2 adult beverages was just over $30.00, which is hard to do at fast food joints these days.
It's hard to find anything to complain about but one night the elevators smelled of fish. Apparently someone had a good day of deep sea fishing. We did noticed that the elevators did have new floor tiles installed - the old ones were rather slippery when wet, but the new ones gave much better wet traction.
We did also notice that the wifi worked alot better on this trip than in previous visits. It was usable before, but seemed alot faster this time around.
In all, another great stay at the Breakers, and we'll be back next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina