“Third trip as good as the others”

The Breakers Resort
Ranked #29 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Third trip as good as the others”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was our third annual stay at the Breakers Paradise tower. We were unable to stay here in June due to lack of availability so we decided to come back to MB in August for a long weekend to get our "fix" of the Breakers. No surprises, our 15th floor Oceanfront Deluxe Suite (V) was clean and well kept and well stocked with towels and clean linens. Everything in the kitchen worked, the bathroom was clean and the murphy bed and pull-out bed were comfortable enough.

We arrived in MB right at 3:00PM on a Saturday, so no shock that finding a cart and unloading was a challenge, but we expected it given the bad timing.

The main pool area under Paradise was very crowded on Saturday when we arrived, so we just strolled down a couple of buildings and found the pool under the Palms tower was much quieter - a big advantage of the Breakers is their many pools to choose from. The next two days the crowds were noticeably smaller and we were able to enjoy the lazy river and indoor pool much more.

This trip we finally tore ourselves away from the water long enough to check out the Red Parrot Bar & Grille. It's at the bottom of the Palmetto tower overlooking the lazy river. It was good "bar food" and reasonably priced. Our bill for 5 of us plus 2 adult beverages was just over $30.00, which is hard to do at fast food joints these days.

It's hard to find anything to complain about but one night the elevators smelled of fish. Apparently someone had a good day of deep sea fishing. We did noticed that the elevators did have new floor tiles installed - the old ones were rather slippery when wet, but the new ones gave much better wet traction.

We did also notice that the wifi worked alot better on this trip than in previous visits. It was usable before, but seemed alot faster this time around.

In all, another great stay at the Breakers, and we'll be back next summer!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pmcdaniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed in a room with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and laundry use. It was a phenomenal room with an even better view. We couldn't be happier with the room and service at the Breakers!

1 Thank ysara82
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We have a 7 yr old and teenagers and have stayed at several different hotels on the beach in the past. This was by far THE BEST hotel to stay at. The location is fantastic, within walking distance for everything. The pools are great. Quick and easy access to the beach. Everything was clean and the rooms were great and updated. Very, very clean. Staff was attentive, front desk check in and out was quick. No complaints whatsoever. Will definitely stay here next time we go to the beach. A+++!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank carolinagirl006
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I'll try to make this short--I chose the Breakers after reading great reviews on TripAdvisor. But after I booked and paid the deposit I realized that the reviews I had read were not for the bldg that I had booked which was the Seaside Bldg. I then searched for reviews for Seaside and found a few. To my disappointment they were pretty bad. I panicked, because I had just booked over $700 in rooms. I didnt want to lose my deposit so I went out and bought all the things that I thought I would need to be comfortable in the room. That included plastic mattress covers, clean sheets, lysol, bathroom cleaner, bug spray, and anything else that I could find. The bad reviews had complained of bugs, dirty sheets, dirty bathrooms, you name it! Well to my shock, my room was CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL. The kitchenette was clean and stocked with dishes and silverware and I didnt even expect that. The beds were clean...everything was clean and relatively new or well kept. There was a nice large flat screem TV. The bathroom was spic and span with nice thick towels. There were dish cloths and dish towels in the kitchenette, even dish washing liquid. IT WAS SOOO NICE! Not sure what rooms the negative reviews came from but room 484 was great! Also...the front desk was OUTSTANDING! I had a debit card instead of a credit card, and because of the 4th of July holiday my paycheck didnt get to my bank on the day that it should have. They allowed me to stay and pay on the day that I checked out...they were just wonderful...everything was WONDERFUL. We're already booked for another stay in September.

3 Thank JamaicaJ
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I think overall the breakers was very enjoyable! the only thing I think that counts off is the loading/unloading area if its busy during the day. IT IS A NIGHTMARE! the parking situation was easy I just parked my vehicle in the gravel flow over lot instead of parking in the garage. The pools and lazy river were constantly jam packed so if this is the place were you want to be at the pool area by yourself forget about it! The room was very spacious and the beds were top notch. I stayed in an oceanfront king suite on the 14th floor. AMAZING VIEW! I kept looking at tripadvisor trying to figure out where to go and im glad i chose breakers!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank CalzoneMafia
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2010

great hotel in myrtle beach!! lots of pools means no over crowding! nice central location right on the beach. quick car ride to the shops at broadway at the beach which has many places to eat! close to airport.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2010

It was a very busy time of year in Myrtle Beach and although the resort was very busy and the pool area was quite crowded, the room itself was clean and comfortable and the service was very good. We were on the 2nd floor and it was very noisy on the balcony, since you were so close to the pool area. I would have preferred a room on a higher floor, although it was easy to get to your room via the stairs. If you want a quiet holiday, it is not the place to be, since the resort is very central. It was great for teenagers as there is lots of people and things to do.