This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach SC. It was exactly what we had hoped for though my wife was sick most of the time and that had nothing to do with our accommodations. Our room was on the 10th floor over looking the beach. My first impression was that they go through great lengths to keep these buildings presentable and clean. You could sees signs of age here and there but it wasn't out of lack of effort. The room was well maintained and updated. The beds were very comfortable though the pillows were a bit small and flat. I would have liked four pillows per bed so if you are like me bring an extra from home.
Beware the "concierge" at check in. The clerk will direct you to there activity concierge after you get your key in the registration lobby. Bypass this! This person will try to get you to go to a two hour presentation on Wyndham Resorts in order to get a $20 ticket to a local attraction. They say there is no obligation to buy anything just sit through it. My wife and I had a very bad experience with one of these non obligation offers in the past it angers us when we are asked to do this just out of shear principal. They say they don't pressure but trust me they do. You will also be approached on the boardwalk and several other places with deals like this.
Money Money Money...
This is a tourist destination so be prepared to pay for it. The Red Parrot Bar and Grill is very overpriced. They do have something called Voodoo Juice that is 8 shots in a bucket for $15...actually not a bad deal there but don't waist your money on the food. There are liquor stores and Grocery stores very close. Its worth the extra effort to save some cash.
Beach Rules!!!! Read them! If you think you can bring a sportbrella or any shade near the beach you are wrong. You have to set them up behind the lifeguards and the wall of resort owned chairs and umbrellas....you have to rent them...surprise surprise. They reasoning is that they block the view of the lifeguards.....surrrrrrreeee they do!!!!!!
Our kids loved the Lazy River and I enjoyed the fact that we had so many pools to choose from. You are not stuck in one overcrowded or rowdy pool..you have a choice!
Every morning at 7 they are out there spraying everything down and picking up...this is the effort I mentioned earlier. You get what you pay for here. A comfortable beach front resort .
One other perk is that you are a 15 minute walk from the boardwalk with several attractions and there is a firework show on Wednesday nights.
Lastly I want to mention that they were willing to let us out of our reservation with a refund the final day if my wife did not improve. We didn't take them up on it but they did not hesitate to offer. Only asked that we vacate before 1 so they could turn the room over. More than a reasonable request.
All and all we were very satisfied and would return or recommend it with the precautions stated above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina