Got this hotel on a Groupon for an impromptu mini-vacation for my birthday. The check-in was fast given the number of people trying to check in. The valet/pull-up area was a bit congested. Luckily, I was able to check in and come back out before my friend got stuck in the middle. They really need to re-configure that drive up area; especially when it is three large hotels that it supports. We were checked-in to the sail fish tower. In my opinion, this was more of the low budget towers at the Breakers Resort. Parking was impossible that we ended up parking at the Breakers Resort parking structure a few blocks away. Not a big deal, but can be a hassle upon checking in and checking out. Also, the elevator is very slow in this tower!
We got an ocean view room which was simply marvelous! The sun was absolutely gorgeous. We even got a double-rainbow one afternoon. There was construction at the hotel next door. You could hear it when outside on the balcony, but for the most part you could not hear it. It wasn't much of an eye-sore because of the break-taking view of the beach. When you first walk into the room, is your sleeping area with the bed(s) and TV. Next you enter into the kitchen (full kitchen with a stove microwave and refrigerator) with the bathroom on your left hand side. The vanity and the toilet is separated with a door. From there you would enter into the living area. There was another TV, a table with chairs, an arm chair, sofa, and balcony. There are doors that separate the sleeping area from the living area which was a nice plus.
The bartender at the Red Parrot was very nice. We got there for happy hour which was awesome and also ate there as well. I had the catfish sandwich which was good and plenty for the happy hour special. They had a jukebox. The TVs need a bit of updating, but the bartender made for a pleasant atmosphere. Plus, you could see the lazy river and beach from the bar which really gave it a tropical feel.
The DVD rental was very nice. This was a nice, laid-back trip and being able to rent movies was such a plus!
Overall, a nice trip! Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina