“The Breakers Resort was a great stay for a fun family outing”

The Breakers Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just got back from a great weekend with family at the Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach. We stayed in the Sailfish building which is not the newest of the Breakers buildings but it was very comfortable and was perfectly adequate for the price. It was the last weekend of September so the summer crowds were gone and it was a very pleasant experience. All the staff we encountered were friendly and the property is well maintained. Having never been to Myrtle Beach it was great to be close to so many entertainment and dining options. Everything you need is within walking distance. Would definitely recommend this resort and will probably return.

Room Tip: Loved my ocean view room in the Sailfish building but the balcony was a bit small.
1  Thank L H
BreakersManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Breakers Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took great care of you with their hospitality. We appreciate your review and hope you can return again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I enjoyed my entire stay. The bar, the Red Parrot was very inviting and always had the football games on- which made my vacation 100x better. Also Jason and the other two male bartenders were excellent. They really know their stuff! Will definitely be back. Location is great too right on the beach.

Room Tip: the suites overlooking the beach are amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BreakersManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the staff at The Red Parrot took great care of you. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are at the beach!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed sept 25 - 28 2013 and stayed on the 4th floor ocean front. Really nice view of the ocean, Large balcony, Larger rooms, very clean. We had a king size bed, it was really hard, like sleeping on the floor, the pull down bed in the living room was more comfortable. The bedroom floor carpet next to the bed had a ripple in it like it was pulled up then not put back down right, did not hurt anything just an eye sore. My husband is a smoker, and they do let you smoke on the balcony and it does stink. There is no coffee provided because they own Starbucks across the street but you do have a coffee maker. They did not provide pens or pads for me to write on to make my shopping list, but I guess next time I will bring a tablet. The water presser in the shower was ok. The toilet paper is a cheap brand that is hard on the butt, but I am sure that its easy on their pipes (bring your own if its important to you) The girls who clean the rooms were super friendly and accommodating. Parking is a pain, you have to park across the street because front parking is very limited, loading and unloading suitcases can also be a little tricky. Our room was 123.17 for everything, we also got the managers special and had breakfast included at Papas across the street. My husband just loves this place because he can smoke on the balcony so we will be coming back, but I will make sure I have my toilet paper, pen and pad and padding to put on the bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penny P

Thank you for choosing The Breakers Resort. We are pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised. The price was so reasonable we were not expecting luxury but everything was top notch! Our two room, kitchenette, ocean-view room was very comfortable, the pools and beach area accommodated everyone without feeling crowded. Parking and unloading was easy and the staff helpful. Plenty of great places to to eat within walking distance. We plan to return

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Breakers Resort. We are pleased to hear you found your stay enjoyable and that our resort exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Breakers Resort is the full package. It is on the Beach and right across the street from Starbucks, several Breakfast places (the Bagel Factory is up the street and around the corner), delicious and fun restaurants (Dirty Don's has the best fried shrimp and their steampots are AMAZING, and River City's burgers are mouth-watering and HUGE...) AND The Breakers Resort has its own spacious parking garage. Also, it is within a wonderfully breezy short walking-distance from downtown/The Strip, so you don't have to get your car out much. The Breakers Resort has several pools and such spacious areas to lay out on beach chairs! It is in the BEST location at Myrtle Beach and I will not stay anywhere else. PLUS, there were FREE Movie Rentals during the time I stayed there. So much convenience for the price. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! :)

Room Tip: The Jackpot of all rooms, in my opinion, is an Oceanfront Room in the Palmetto Tower. I was SO lucky...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Breakers Resort. We are pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us. We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again for years to come.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am currently staying in this resort and on evening 2 of our 4 night stay, my husband and I have already decided that we will never stay here again. We are staying in an oceanfront one bedroom unit and have had nothing but problems since we arrived.

After a several hour drive to get here, we both needed to use the restroom. After checking in and re-parking our car, we went to our room to find that it didn't have toilet paper! What 'resort' starts off someone's stay with no toilet paper in the bathroom?! We took it as an oversight and went about our evening. But then it went downhill from there.

They boast about free wifi. It hasn't worked since we got here, and the handful of times that we've been able to connect to it, our devices were kicked back off of it within a few minutes. Our best wifi connection has been to sit on our balcony where you can connect to the Camelot hotel's wifi next door (which I've stayed at before, by the way, and was much nicer than this).

Onto the balcony....They also boast non-smoking. Well.....that's for in your room only! They actually provide cigarette butt collectors on each balcony..... Which means that my husband and I (who are not smokers AND PAID EXTRA FOR A BALCONY!!) can't even use it, because the people below us are smoking on their balcony non-stop and the smoke is coming up to ours. (There are MANY resorts in myrtle beach that offer smoking outposts away from the buildings to accommodate those of us who do not!)

The walls are SUPER THIN! We've heard kids pounding in the unit above us, an entire conversation in the unit next to us, and every time someone closes a door in the hallway, it about shakes the whole floor.

On our second day here, our toilet quit working. I called guest services to have it fixed, and after 45 minutes of waiting for a maintenance worker, I had to call again. Another 20 minute wait before someone arrived! I mean, it was the toilet, it wasn't like we needed a lightbulb changed! We had one bathroom, and it took someone over an hour to come fix it! Ridiculous!

The one good point I have is that it was extremely clean, and if we had kids with us, there are tons of amenities to keep them occupied and have fun. However, if you want to relax in an oceanfront condo, there are plenty of other better places to stay in Myrtle Beach that I will be frequenting instead. Honestly, if there was a way to get our money back, we probably would have left and gone somewhere else by now.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MJLo1383
BreakersManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

We apologize that your stay hasn't been meeting your expectations. We aim to accommodate all of our guests and resolve any issues they may experience while they are here when we are made aware of them. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further if you would contact us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband, daughter and I just returned from our week at The Breakers in Myrtle Beach. I booked (as I am reading from recent reviews that many others did) through Groupon since there was an unbeatable offer available. We did not think a vacation was feasible for us this year since we have had out of the ordinary financial obligations this year. When I found the Groupon deal, I immediately booked but to be honest, wasn't expecting much. I read several reviews and it seemed that overall the feeling about the resort was so-so. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! We drove through the night from Kentucky and the staff worked with us to allow us to check in earlier than planned. We were so thankful since our one year old was miserable. Driving through the night was NOT her thing. When we walked into our room I was pleased to see that it wasn't the "closet" I was expecting. I thought for sure because we chose the cheap route and booked the cheapest room, we would get exactly what we paid for. The room was very nice, clean, had a small kitchenette, and a nice balcony that while not ocean view, we could see the ocean through the palm trees and see the pool below. We were so thankful to have an opportunity to relax from our high stress jobs in a nice setting without killing our bank account. The pools were fantastic, beach access was great, and restaurants and shopping were within walking distance. And for those of you that love the beach, but don't care much about the sand....They have a fabulous grassy area right at the edge of the sand with lounge chairs where you can sit and enjoy the ocean without being covered in sand! That was my favorite part outside of seeing my daughter's excitement of being at the beach. I have always preferred going south and never really been a fan of Myrtle Beach, but after this stay at the Breakers, I have a feeling we will be visiting more often. My only complaint would be the wi-fi. I had read in reviews that it did not work properly, and it did not work when we arrived. However, that is not a deal breaker for me but I understand that it can be for someone else. I loved The Breakers and will absolutely visit again in the future. Thank you for making our "cheap" vacation much more than we expected it to be!

Room Tip: Resort View can still be Ocean View! Just go up past the 2nd level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BreakersManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you and your family had a great vacation with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!