I am late on writing this review, but Trip Advisor helped me immensely in making my decision. So, it is better late than never! My husband, 5 year old son & I stayed at the Palms Tower the week of July 4th, 2012 (it would not let me choose a date that far back on when we traveled). We could not have been HAPPIER!!! The customer service from check-in, to calling the desk with questions, to calling ahead of time with reservation questions and to the staff working at the bar, with the kids and on the grounds was excellent, so friendly! The maid cleaned the room to a “T” every single day: dishes washed, new towels, trash emptied, beds made, straightened up rooms and I think even vacuumed. We met her and she was SUPER nice too!
We stayed on the 12th floor and the view was amazing! We had a 1 bedroom, with kitchen & living room with murphy bed, and we loved the layout of the room. We had so much space. The beds were comfy. The furniture was all clean. Our son even slept in the murphy bed one night and loved listening to the ocean in the morning. The living area allowed for my husband and I to sit on the sofa and watch TV or the balcony and watch the water while our son napped in the living room or watched Nick Jr. We used the wifi with our laptop quite a bit, which surprisingly was pretty speedy. It was really nice having the kitchen to be able to cook a couple meals and save money and time from going to a restaurant everytime. We wanted more time for activities and shows and not all about eating food.
Most of our time was spent outside in the water or on the beach. The lazy river was SO much fun! They provided the tubes for you to use. The two hot tubs were awesome, one large and one small underneath the Paradise Tower. Our son loved the Pirate Ship as all the kids did. There were lounge chairs all along the lazy river, in the grass outside of the Pirate Ship and all around the other tower pools too. We only used the Palms Tower pool and all of the water amenities underneath the Paradise Tower. We stayed away from the Sailfish and Seaside Towers, as it seemed to be a “less nice” crowd and the towers and pools did not seem to be in as great of shape. There is a shower area with two showers to rinse off after getting out of the ocean. The pool at the Palmetto Tower, we called the “Party Pool”, because they had the DJ there from 12-5pm and the entire pool was lined and filled with college kids partying. They were harmless though, and at least they all stayed in one place. We would walk from the Palms Tower to go to the pool, lazy river, hot tub or pirate ship at the Paradise Tower and danced as we passed the Palmetto Tower “Party Pool”. LOL.
The location was kind of far from the actual boardwalk with all the shops and stuff, but we did not mind the walk. We did it once at night and once during the day, which was hot during the day, but well worth it, especially since we stopped for ice cream at a local parlor on the boardwalk. All of the shows are in driving distance from any hotel on the beach anyways. We would recommend the Pirates Voyage and Le Grand Cirque Adrenaline. Our son got chosen to go down below for the Pirates Voyage, and that was an amazing experience for him! We also loved the local water park, Myrtle Waves, totally fun and a great break from the pools and beach.
We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Myrtle Beach would definitely recommend this hotel in any of the three best towers, Palms, Palmetto or Paradise. Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina