“Great Place For Kids” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pedro, Ohio
“Great Place For Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Breakers for several years now. The staff is helpful. My Grandson who is 3 1/2 loved the pool area. The ship and the wading pool were great for him. We also enjoyed the lazy river. You can't beat the location. Minutes from alot of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are great. Do NOT book a room through Allegiant Air, they had our room all messed...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I chose this resort for my fall vacation (November 9-12, 2012) due to the indoor water park and location, and my husband and I had a blast. It was our first time coming to the beach during this time of the year, and we were pleased with the amenities. We stayed in the Paradise Tower, which housed all the indoor amenities ( pool, kiddie pool, lazy river hot tubs, etc.). The pools were heated, which allows swimming all year round. We also had drinks and hung out at the Red Parrot our first night. The drinks and atmosphere was wonderful. Thank you Breakers for a wonderful mini vacation. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brandy N, Resort Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2015
Thank you so much for choosing Breakers Resort and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay! It is always great to do a little research before traveling to make sure you pick the place best suited for your needs and family. We are glad you settled on Breakers and had a fantastic vacation experience! We do our absolute best to ensure perfect family memories are made here. We can't wait to see you on your next trip.

All the Best,

Brandy Newman
Resort Manager
Breakers Resort
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I just got back from The Breakers. It was awesome! Room clean, staff awesome.
The View was so nice. Get ocean front if you appreciate seeing the sun set and the beautiful ocean. Its not just a room, you have a sofa in the other room to watch tv. Try it.

Room Tip: Ask the reservationist about the hotels and rooms so you can get the one that best fits your family...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

All the Best,

Brandy Newman
Resort Manager
Breakers Resort
Morristown, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been coming to the Breakers after Labor Day probably 7 out of the last 10 years - no matter what building we are in, we always find clean, comfortable accommodations. The front desk is very helpful, and the different pools/amenities are great. We always get a room with stove/microwave/refrig so that we can save money by not eating out the whole time. It helps to prepare a couple of family favorite recipes ahead of time and bring to cook there. We also go to Kroger's close by on the way in and stock up on breakfast, drink and snack items.

There were Groupons advertised for another property at Myrtle Beach, but even with their discounted price, the Breakers Resort was less expensive for 3 nights!

Even though our daughters are now 18 and 13 and perhaps a little old for the Pirate Pool, they still enjoy this property. We love the Breakers! You can't go wrong with their specials, location, and proximity to the ocean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lindenhurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We once again hosted a small conference at The Breakers. The event planning staff was excellent, the food and room received many compliments and the wait staff was very accommodating and exceeded our expectations. The sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable, and the view, location and amenities were great!

Room Tip: get an ocean view or side view room. it is well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan C
BreakersGuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We really appreciate your sharing your travel experience with others! It is always a pleasure to have so many conference groups that choose us for their group travels. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
freeland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Breakers for the past 7 trips. Never looked anywhere else. I always knew that was the only place for us. This time, however, was different. I paid in advance 924.00 for 4 nights. Treated my kids to a 2 bedroom suite in the Paradise Towers. I even purchased breakfast for 4 for 3 mornings. I requested an early check in, it has never been a problem before and everyone bent over backwards knowing the drive for me is about 12 hours. This time we went to the desk at about 7:30am, was told ABSOLUTELY not and CHECK IN is at 3.., I asked if i can come back in an hour or so. It was a Monday morning. She said you can try but we have nothing ready. We tried to find something to kill time as we were all cranky and exhausted. Went back at 10, told the same thing. No, "LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU" nothing. I explained that i requested and early check in at least 8 months prior and have worked in a Pocono Resort for 13 years at the front I understand the procedure. I asked if she can watch for a vacancy in my room type and please ask housekeeping to do that room as soon as it is vacated for me and i asked if i can give her my cell phone number. She didnt seem too happy but wrote it down. We went to the coastal mall and didnt return until 12:30. AGAIN, I got a young girl who recognized me from waiting since early morning, went to her manager and i heard her manager on the phone as clear as a bell. She asked if room 678 was ready and the housekeeper must have said yes, the girl came out and checked me in. There was never any communication between the front office and housekeeping and it was clear to me she called at random. If she had been in commication, she would be waiting for a call from housekeeping, so that told me right there, there was no call to housekeeping prior to help me get in my room earlier even though i spent over 900.00 for 4 nights. I would have and many times did for my guests, kept in close contact with housekeeping and contacted the person and kept on top of it to make sure i did my best for the customer. OK we got in our room. We had a very nice time. Breakfast across the street was great. Great service, great housekeeping. Our relatives came down and by chance got the room next to ours which was very nice. We checked out and i forgot a pillow case, a phone charger and a pair of earrings in the room. I did not even know i left them to be honest. It so happens our relatives forgot something and had to go back, they were told by the front desk that we also forgot things in our room. My future son in laws grandparents told the front desk they live 10 minutes away from us and they would be happy to take whatever we forgot. They would not give anything to them. When they called us and told us we forgot something in the room, they said the front desk told them to have me call them, I did. Was asked to ask for a Manager who I wont mention. I did call and got a young lady who knew nothing about what i was trying to explain to her. I emailed this manager twice. I finally get a box in the mail with a cell phone charger, a pillow case and a pair of earrings. That was nice i thought. They tried to charge my Discover card for postage. After #1 our relatives offered to take with them and give to us, #2 after spending over 900.00 for 4 nights! THIS BLEW MY MIND. I love the Breakers, It is a FABULOUS place to stay. If it werent for the front desk, our trip would have been perfect. I will never believe that on a Monday morning when the parking garage across the street was EMPTY that our room was not ready until 12:30. We had to find things to keep us occupied for 5 hours! If the hotel was booked i would certainly understand. No one liked Monday mornings and couldnt be bothered to help us. What happened to the staff in previous years at the front desk? They were fabulous! Bring them back they were TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE representatives for the Breakers Resort which ALWAYS is top notch!

Room Tip: The only reson i put poor was for the front desk, everyone i came in contact with from then on WERE...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank ilovedanes404
BreakersGuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We are very glad that you and your family had a very good vacation with us, even though there was an issue with an early check-in request for 7:30am. I am glad they were able to help by getting you in at 12:30pm. We do try to accomodate early arrival requests whenever possible. Unfortunately there are times when specific unit types may not be ready even though many other room types may be. With our check-out time being 11:00am it can be very challenging to have rooms ready real early in the morning. We do apologize for this inconveience, appreciate your business, and hope to see you again soon.
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've been coming here for twenty years with a group of guys for a fall golf excursion. While the number in our party often varies from year to year, we typically get a number of three bedroom oceanfront suites (which may be contributing to my overall impression and rating). The suites are nicely appointed and very functional, with excellent views. There are fancier digs in MB for sure, but we have never been disappointed with the arrangements, accommodations or service here and, hence, have been loyal customers. Yes, as previously stated by a reviewer, our group is a bunch of guys focused primarily on the golf. With regard to the golf, Gloria, of the golf shop, is an absolute pleasure to work with. True one stop shopping: rooms, courses, tee times, etc. We typically tell her where we want to play and she comes up with great package deals year after year. She is an asset to this organization and I hope they value her contributions. Parking if free and convenient across the street. The breakfast typically included with our package is very good, including both buffet items and cooked to order foods. Good bar on premises (The Red Parrot), but plenty of options for both food and drink--many within walking distance. The Breakers is also very convenient to Broadway at the Beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so very much for sharing your golf group travel experience. I agree - Gloria is certainly a top notch Golf Director! We appreciate your past business and look forward to your next visit with us!