“Embassy Suites Great for the family with children”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Embassy Suites Great for the family with children”
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Our family (2 adults and 2 teens) stayed at the Embassy Suites in June 2005. First of all they have just completed a renovation of the property so it is much better than previous reviews had stated. We were fortunate to have the end room on the oceanside, so we had a wonderful view of the ocean and the waterpark. We had a balcony that opened from the living room and the master bedroom and then you had large windows in the bathrom that looked out onto the ocean. The room was very nice. Housekeeping was a problem because they did not want to give you clean glasses each morning when they cleaned your room. Our first morning there I tried to explain to the hispanic cleaning lady that we wanted clean drinking glasses for our room, she finally picked up a spray bottle and some dirty glasses off her cart, sprayed and wiped them and gave them to me, I think that is a health issue! I ended up going to the store and buying plastic disposable cups.
Forget trying to eat at the free buffet each morning unless you are an early bird and get there before 8:30 am, after that it is not worth fighting the crowds that line up almost the entire length of the lobby, they really need to try to figure out a way to crowd control at breakfast. This hotel is great for the families that have small children because the waterpark in right next to the hotel, downside to that is that everyone who stays in the Kingston Plantation can come and use the waterpark, they use the pools and they eat at breakfast too (I was told it was for Embassy guests only, but people from the surrounding condos would come in too). Too many people trying to fit into the area around the Embassy. There is only 3 elevators so you will always be waiting for them, when we were there we got stuck on the pool elevator, it took maintenance about 20 mins to get us out, that was not fun. Overall, it is a nice hotel, and if you don't mind people from all within Kingston Plantation hanging out at and around your hotel then you will enjoy yourself, personally, we will probably find another place next year that is not so crowded.

• Stayed June 2005
18 Thank Sunshine28659

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
central ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2005

We stayed at the Embassey Suites for 4 days. We arrived on July 7th. I have booked with Hilton Honors many times and have always gotten great service being affiliated with them. I requested a lower floor well ahead of time after reading how slow the elevators were on the site. And they are indeed, very slow. Back to that later. When we arrived in the morning, the air was out in the hotel. Although, they did have a sign up advising fixing a leak repair. It was HOT. The lines at the check in desk are long and very slow. We were told our room would be ready at 3:00 PM. Having our 4 yr old granddaughter with us, we didn't want to just sit and sweat, so we got our suits out of our luggage and changed. We were told to just leave our luggage and it would be "watched." We went out and came back in in a bit to find our luggage {computer included} left unattended. We didn't want to take a chance, so my husband stayed inside in the lobby for hours waiting. We were told they would call us on our cell phone when the room was ready....they didn't. When we finally were told we had a room {around 4:30} it was on the 17th floor. I did refuse and we got in on the 7th floor. So that is our check in sob story, so I'll try to state the pros and cons of this hotel based on my opinion.
Pros:
Great location...beach, pools and waterpark are right out the door.
This is a resort geared for kids...lots of them.
They have kid activities, however they aren't free either.
The pools aren't over 5 ft deep...great for kids.
The room was very clean and had a great view.
The beach is clean.
The waterpark is really fun for the kids.
The restaurant and lounge have great views.
Beakfast is included. To avoid the long lines with the small child, my husband went and brought breakfast to our room.
Cons:
Slow elevators. Avoid a room higher up.
Slow desk service.
This is a very noisy hotel. You can hear everything through the walls. Not much sleep.
Very expensive for any food. $4.00 for an ice cream? Keep drinks and snacks in your room.
No lifeguards at the pools. This was a real problem. There are a lot of teens and they pay no attention to jumping in on kids or just going over them on rafts while in the pool. I was watching my granddaughter and some lady started yelling at me to save her son. He was in about 3 ft of water choking and I think his parents were frozen. A life guard should have been available.
There are lifeguards at the waterpark and lazy river float. Why the pools are left out, is beyond me.
Having all the kids can be troublesome. Twice they had to clear the waterpark and river ride due to "bio hazard", caddyshack style.
No free beach chairs. That was a surprise. We didn't pay, but from what I heard some people paid to stay at this resort, beach chairs should definitely be included.
So, while it it very pretty, it could use some service and safety improvements. Would I stay again. If it's free, but not if I had to pay $200 or $300 a night.

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank CNFan
Atlanta
Reviewed March 25, 2005

The staff put on a great show - called The Amatuer Hour. When I checked in, my room was not ready. I checked my luggage with the bellman and left for three hours. Upon returning, I got my room key and went to get my luggage. After waiting for five minutes, I decided to head to my room and call for my bags. As I turned to leave, I saw my bags sitting out in the open, completely unwatched. I took my bags and headed to the room, with no questions asked about why I was taking the bags. When I complained, the manager wrote me a note explaining this is the hotel's policy! Think about it - if the hotel treats my luggage with this attitude, can the hotel possibly be safe? Later, when we were conducting a meeting in a ballroom, we had ot ask repeatedly for the music to be turned off. You'd think that would be a no-brainer. Although my room had two balconies, one overlooking the beach, and my shower had a window facing the ocean, most rooms actually face the side of the building. You can see the ocean if you stand on the balcony and turn, but it's not a true ocean view. The lock on my room didn't work properly, either.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Address: 9800 Queensway Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-5266 (Formerly Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach at Kingston Plantation)
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Top resorts Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#6 Business Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#8 Romantic Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#14 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#34 Family Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort 3.5*
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort is the perfect place for family vacations, conferences and groups events, and even romantic getaways. The Embassy Suites offers luxurious two-room suites, and the resort features a golf course, tennis, Splash Water Park, oceanfront dining, and a full activities schedule during the summer months. Join us for your next Myrtle Beach Vacation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Otel, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach At Kingston Plantation Hotel Myrtle Beach