“A relaxing getaway place”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Travelling with two teens, it's nice to have a separate room, one of the reasons we really like the Embassy Suites chain. The room had a balcony the gave a good view to both the pools and the ocean.

The pools are very nice, with a water park for smaller kids and a Lazy River for all ages. Throw some towels down early to reserve some chairs by the pool, and you can alternate between the pools and the ocean, only about 75 yards from the hotel. We could have stayed solely at the hotel and swam or sunbathed, but MYrtle Beach offers so many things to see we took several day trips and the hotels location meant everything was within 15-30 minutes by car

Parking cost $8.99/day but was easily accessible and well lit, with some shaded areas to park in as well.

The food in the hotel was very good, from omelettes made to order at breakfast or the buffet line, to the snack bar burgers and hot dogs, to the evening meals or coffee at the hotel restaurants. Yes there are cheaper options outside of the hotel, but overall the cost was not bad. We did walk 15 easy minutes down to Apache pier for fish baskets, delicious!

The whole family had a great week there, I recommend it to families.

Room Tip: Try to get a beachfront corner, and if you are a light sleeper get a room that is not facing the poo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've reviewed a hotel. I'm compelled to warn others about Kingston plantation, especially if you are traveling with kids and want to enjoy the beach.
My biggest concern is safety. We brought our own beach chairs and sun tent. Unfortunately, the only place you are allowed to set up chairs, umbrellas, etc is BEHIND the row of (mostly reserved) rental chairs and umbrellas stretched as far as the eye can see along the beach, and so close that they touch. In effect, it creates a wall of rental equipment that blocks your view of the beach and, most importantly, children who are enjoying the surf. So unsafe! See photos. I have the option of sitting in the shade and seeing the back of rental chairs or watching my children close-up without any shade... Or not going to the beach (which was the whole reason I came here). If I was warned in advance ( it should be clear on the hotel website and communicated by reservation agents) that chairs and umbrellas must be rented and personal beach equipment not permitted, then I would have complied, but there is no such warning. I have gladly rented my equipment at other beach resorts where this policy is clear. Here, the chairs were reserved and there was no prior communication to warn guests.
As for the pools, they are quite small and there are not enough lounge chairs... and very few umbrellas or shade areas. By 8 AM, any chairs with umbrellas are already taken. People put their towels on the chairs then disappear for hours. Every morning I would see that the pool deck had no people on it yet every chair was taken until after 9:30 AM. I realize that this problem is created by rude hotel guests however the hotel could police it and prevent this issue.
The hot tub water looked very murky and disgusting.
The water park area was nice but not worth the line to get in each morning. Also I should mention that there were not enough chairs at the water park and there were only a whopping eight umbrellas in the entire area. The water park consists of a lazy river with absolutely no current (a very lazy river), two short slides, and some sprayers. This part may be fine for toddlers, but older children will be bored. Most club or neighborhood pools have similar facilities.
The pool snack bar had a small but adequate menu. The food was tasty and fairly priced. Too bad there is no waitstaff or runners or even self service trays! People with children struggle carrying food from the counter service area. No one will help you. They do not even have trays so you can carry multiple meals. Drinks must be picked up from the bar which is a separate counter not in the snack area. I realize it's only a snack bar and do not expect to be waited on, but just having trays available and drinks in one location so that parents can easily carry their familiy's meals for small children would be very helpful. At the food pick up counter, I asked the employee if I could borrow a tray instead of making multiple trips and he told me that their trays would not fit through the pickup window. Period. I made 3 trips carrying food before other hotel guests started to help me. With a tray, I could have made 1 trip all by myself.
Our hotel room was well appointed and nicely decorated. Unfortunately, on the first day, we walked in to find a dirty Q-tip on the floor and toenail cuttings on the sheets in the pullout sofa bed - yuck.
The elevator lines were ridiculous. Thankfully we were only on the fifth floor so it wasn't terrible to take the stairs. I would never want to be on floors 15-20 for this reason! I'm in goid shape, but with luggage and kids in tow, it would be awful.
I paid for Wi-Fi access for two mobile devices. Unfortunately, this paid service was often down. There is no free Wi-Fi in common areas.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank hoyamom1
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not more enjoyable. We do our best to provide clean, comfortable surroundings and friendly, efficient service and can assure you that we're taking your comments very seriously. As we reevaluate our current processes, we will be sure to keep your feedback in mind. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have to say I have stayed at the Embassy 2 weekends in a row and was blown away with the service. I usually stay at the Hilton next door or the Hamton Inn and Suites on South Ocean Blvd. I saw the Embassy had room price was in line with the other 2 properties so I decided to give it a try. WOW... The staff was great. I did the valet parking. Those guys are dead on the spot for whatever you need. I am very impressed. The breakfast area was awesome. I would have to say go down early as the closer it gets to 10 am the longer the line gets. Still it was wonderful. Great pool area. Took the grandbabies the first weekend and was super impressed with the life guards and the splash area for the smaller kids. I will defiantely go back again to this property.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is on 23 acres with villas, high rise hotels and condo's. You can use all 21 pools, lazy river and awesome splash play zone. Has many bar/fast food available. Has nice walkways to the beach and attached to all the pools. Has a beautiful lake, secured gate/security guard, parking just outside of condo unit. Very safe. Awesome place for a wedding, etc. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I didn't see any trash anywhere even on way to beach. Has wooden boardwalk surrounding resort for walking, running. Has a 50,000 square foot health club with all the equipment you would need. We were upgraded from a villa to a 2 bedroom suite in the North Hampton condo tower. We had a huge walk in closet and bathroom with 2 sinks in the master bedroom, large living room with 2 comfy couches with music/movies and surround sound. Huge kitchen had everything you need, lots of counter space, wrap around breakfast nook with stools for more space. Other bathroom was smaller but larger than any hotel. Full service washer and dryer room. All updated appliances. The balcony went from the master bedroom, past the living room and to end of 2nd bedroom. All had their own sliding doors. The patio was massive, had 8 chairs and a full outdoor table. We were on 17 of 21 floors looking at the ocean. View was of some pools below and the beach. Each condo tower has it own indoor pool also. But with so many outdoor pools in different shapes and depths, we were using those. Lots of foliage, trees, decorations on property. Very lush and well cared for. Would definitely use them again. This property is connected to the Hilton chain. I would rate this a 5 star location. Was like at home. You get what you pay for! I reserved 8 months in advance and got same cost as lower quality single hotels with 1/4 the amenities. Would stay here again! You are within 15-20 minute drive to all surrounding area attractions, restaurants, fast food, a Walmart and shopping districts. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with ocean view, but almost every condo tower has ocean views. No a/c noise he...
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Year 2 for our family, this is our favorite hotel thus far. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Renovated hotel with onsite splash for kids... Beach is steps away with access to all the resort amenities. Breakfast included with stay. Living room suite for extra space helps when with kids... The rooms are clean, staff very attentive during our last stay, I look forward to our upcoming stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bianca S
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean and the outside amenities were wonderful! The beach was great and the water park area was perfect for our kids ages 4 & 7. The staff were very helpful and the location of the hotel is in a very quiet area away from the congestion of the Grand Strand (about a 15-20 min. drive to all of the activities). You are also only about 10 min. away from North Myrtle Beach.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel right on the beach with great activities for the kids. The room was a bit tight when the couch was opened as a bed, but clean and functional. The breakfast buffet was great (go early), evening manager's reception a nice bonus (free drinks for kids and adults and some snacks) but make sure that you go at around 6:30 to avoid some of the crowds.

Wifi was not free except for HHonors Gold/Diamond members, and everything else is expensive as can be expected for a beachfront property.

For those who like to workout, you get access to the development's health center including a full gym and lap pool. It's about 1/4 mi up the road, though, so it's not easy to just slip out but close enough. It's also much better equipped than any standard hotel gym.

Room Tip: High floor facing the pools/splash park let's you see it all including the beach.