“Sun, Sand, Golf, & Southern Hospitality - All in one great place”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pine Brook, New Jersey
“Sun, Sand, Golf, & Southern Hospitality - All in one great place”
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This was my first time staying at Myrtle beach and needless to say there are an overwhelming amount of choices. I did a lot of research and not wanting to risk a bad experience I decided to stay with a property chain I was familiar with. Being a business traveler I decided to stay with with Embassy Suites. This Embassy Suites is on a larger property, Kingston Plantation which has a Hilton Hotel, and resort villas. It's located just steps from the beach and all the rooms face a view of the ocean. I was expecting the typical experience Embassy Suites that I am accustomed to. Since this is on a larger resort properties there are more families than you would normally see at a business traveler chain. This property is very family friendly. There are several pools, tennis courts, fitness center and a small children's water park with a lazy river onsite. There is also an activities staff that provides arts & crafts and games. As with every Embassy Suites hotel, this is an all suites hotel, with separate bedroom and living room areas. There is also a complimentary breakfast and evening reception. This property is also going through a restyle and I was fortunate to book a room that has been remodeled (as of this writing the upper floors are complete). Gone are the typical tropical pastel theme in resort properties, replaced with a more modern style in hues of neutral colors. They have also replaced furniture and tvs with new flat screen LCD tvs. This property is also located directly in the heart of 'restaurant row' on Hwy 17. This is an excellent choice for all travelers looking a property right on the beach, within reasonable driving distance to all activities, and with amenities and services from chain you're familiar with.

• Liked — Fantastic Remodeled Rooms
  • Disliked — Can be a little crowded off Ocean Highway
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank dfnyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Bowling Green Ky
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We stayed at the Embassy Suites from 06/08-06/14. I will start by saying we used hotel points for this stay so our room was free. We arrived on Sunday at 3:00. The hotel's check in isn't until 4:00 and we had to wait. Lots of people were waiting and it was close to 4:30 before we got our room. They did do pre check in so we only had to get our keys when the room was ready. We were on the 11th floor, poolside. I would recommend getting a room on the other side if noise (music) from noon until 9:00 pm would be an issue. Our room had two areas, the bedroom with two double beds and tv, and then a living area with a couch, chair,tv, kitchen table, small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. There are no utensils or plates etc. They had a great breakfast buffet. Even though it was the same things everyday (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries) there was enough variety that you could mixed it up. The hotel has an extensive pool area, however it was extremely crowded when we were there. THey claim to have nine pools which they do however 4 are about the size of a back yard hot tub, three are about the size of a back yard swimming pool, the water park looked like fun but is meant for the 10 and under crowd and then the lazy river (which isn't very big). If you want a spot by the pool, you need to be out there by 9:00 or earlier, after that you won't get a seat. However the best part is the beach. It was beautiful. The water was great, the sand is great for building sand castles, running, walking and shelling. Invest in a beach umbrella or rent from the life guards ($30/day; $50 for two days; $70 for 3 etc). My biggest complaint, more like an annoyance is the cheesy singing they have in the afternoons. I liken it to a Saturday Night Live sketch. The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, the beach was great. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmn026
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Spent one night here while at a trade show. Met all my expectations for Embassy Suites. Very comfortable ocean view suite with large balcony; doors opening off of the living room area and the bedroom. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Wi-Fi worked well, but as typical with luxury hotels it's not free, $9.95 per day. Convention center within hotel so very convenient. Valet parking available too. Complimentary hot breakfast that was excellent. Overall a great stay.

• Liked — Large Balcony
  • Disliked — Charge for WiFi
Raeford, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2008

My husband and I planned a romantic vow renewal weekend at Embassy Suites, Kingston Plantation. The hotel itself was beautiful. It was ocean front, nice pools, outdoor restaurants, etc. The room was great. We had a ocean front suite that was amazing. 3 sliding glass doors that opened up to a wrap around balcony, a very modern bathroom and plenty of space.

The service is a whole other story. From the moment I called to make reservations, I felt as though I was troubling them. They talked me into getting a one-night romance package that according to them included "free cocktails, free breakfast, a free gift from the spa, free champaign and glasses." When we checked in there was nothing in our room. We actually had to call to have the things brought up. I received a $20 gift basket from bath and body works...nice, but not something I would use. The champaign and glasses were fine. As for the cocktails....we didn't receive anything free. There is a managers cocktail hour at 5:30 we could go to, but it conflicted with our vow renewal. The reservationist should have explained we weren't actually receiving free cocktails in general...we could just go to the happy hour at the bar. As for free breakfast, that was included for all guests as well. I'm not sure what we paid all the extra money for to get the romance package. Once we were there, the front desk workers were terribly rude and acted annoyed at my mere presence. The conceirge was rude when trying to fix a golf tee time mix up. The only friendly person we dealt with was the room service crew. The food was excellent and they were friendly.

All in all, the hotel was nice, but no nicer than any other ocean front property. Because of the lousy service we will never stay here again. Spend all that money somewhere where the people seem happy to have you as a guest. It's not often we splurge on a hotel like that and for a vow renewal I was hoping to have a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2008
North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I have just returned from my most recent stay at the Kingston Plantation and Embassy suites. This hotel offers the best of both worlds for business and pleasure. I have stayed for years for both and enjoy coming back each year.

We do a yearly conference with the Kingston and each year it gets better and better. The staff go our of their way to treat each guest special. It is also obvious they work hard to create loyal guests and service is their middle name.

I like the property so much so that I take my family there each summer for our vacation. The beach access is easy and the many swimming pools, Splash pool and lazy river are awesome!

The rooms are currently being updated and the ones they have finished look great. Their other options for accommodations are wonderful as well such as the Brighton and the Villas.

If you are going to stay in Myrtle Beach, the Kingston should be the first place you consider.

• Liked — The hotel has it all. There really is no need to leave the property.
  • Disliked — Nothing that I can think of.
Cary NC
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Another great stay at the Embassy at the Kingston! this is my 3rd year attending a conference there and couldnt ask for more accomodating staff and great service. It seems that they have renovated the rooms since last stay and they are very nice and comfortable.

Charleston, SC
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Ask for Windsor Court Condo 8D for a very big, high ceilinged condo that will knock your socks off. In the middle of the plantation it is halfway between the entrance and beach area. It is very quiet and you will not hear a peep as you sleep in big comfortable beds in two bedrooms. Each has big bathrooms with washer and dryer.

The kitchen is big. You will not want to leave. The other 3 Windsor Court rooms are great but this is the one you want. Central A/C will keep you very comfy. The gate guards are friendly and check car mirror tags for security. Cable TVs in bedrooms and living room. A nice screened patio in back too! This is a one story condo easily accessible to all.

• Liked — Design and comfortability
  • Disliked — I have no complaints